• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Maku

Smash Apprentice
I've only ran into like.. 1 good Zangief.
Other than that i PWN each and every one of them because they cant even get past my Hadoukens.
LOL.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've ran into one really good Zangief. He was from Japan, but there was no lag.
He won fair and square.

I need to learn matchups with Geif. C Viper VS Zangief is so scary...
It's way too hard to space him with Viper.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
zangiefs are the worst...

everytime i fight them i use akuma and go hadoken, air hadoken, teleport, to more hadokens, but then they do the green hand move to go through my hadokens to their piledriver which takes more damage then at least 5 of my hadokens!! :(

i still beat them tho, i just have to play really lame D:

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Lmao...funny thing happened during the Gamestop tournament at my place locally...rofl!!! My old boss called me, since I used to work at Gamestop, he told me to come and enter in the tournament...I declined, he said there was free pizza for the workers and that I could come join...so with the notion of free food and drinks...I went.

17 people entered in the tournament...my boss kept egging the entry players that I used to be an OG SF tournament player. Obviously it grew interest to these players...and I kept saying that I was bad at the game and that I didn't know how to shoot a Hadouken...:laugh:.

They really wanted to play me, and after about 30 mins of egging, I decided to play...remember, this was 360 controllers...and I am absolutely atrocious with it. So it took me about 30-45 mins to really get the idea of how to use the 360 controller halfway decently.

About 40 mins into it, I could stand to do my moves on call about 75% of the time (remember that at the arcade I am 99.9% execution perfected...however the 360 controller begs to differ). So I played all the 17 players who had entered at my local Gamestop tournament...and without much to it...I destroyed ALL 17 of them. :chuckle:

It got so bad, I dropped Ryu and started to use Claw...yes, THE Claw...don't get me wrong...Claw was always one of my Top 3 most played characters within my SF career, so I was pawning left and right.

Gosh forbid some of the match ups should have been 10x worse...but due to me trying to execute on the 360 controller made the match ups not look at bad as they did. Like I would ShoryukenxxFADC with Ryu...and I wouldn't Ultra, because I couldn't do it with the stupid d-pad at times :ohwell:.

Anyhow, it was casuals, however everyone was saying that they were trying their absolute best, while I was screwing around half of the time. Only 3 out of the 17 players were solid, but they weren't enough to contend, one guy played a solid Zangief, however as an act to provoke and show him whats up...I picked Zangief and played my Zangief better then his, which you could tell really got him pissed off. Yes, I still have a bit of my tournament arrogance in me still, rofl. My boss shouted "Join the tournament!" and everyone was saying "Don't join!". Lol...

Obviously when I say I'm retired, I'm retired, regardless if I could win things or what, or even if I know if I had entered I could win. I'm done, period, no more, the end. I left halfway through the tournament, so I don't know who won, probably one of the 3 guys who played pretty decently. However, that was my experience with the Gamestop tournament, rofl. Had I been a prick, I would have joined right there, and aced all of them, however I stand by what I said, retirement is nice, but it's nice to know that even though you don't take it seriously anymore, you can still bust in some heads, hahahaha.

- Peace -

Mith_

Smash Champion
why did you retire seph?

@vulcan: ok i'm good then. one thing i need to do is fierce spd instead of strong spd but that 360 controller is so bleh.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
what with the ppl b*tching about the 360 controller?

sure the dpad sucks major c*ck but use the control STICK

i do every move that i want to, at least try it out..

smashbot226

Smash Master
I've only ran into like.. 1 good Zangief.
Other than that i PWN each and every one of them because they cant even get past my Hadoukens.
LOL.
Ha ha ha! Gief has like, two or three moves that go through projectiles. Banishing Flat and Lariat come to mind.

And a Gief who ISN'T using SPD should be killed. With a slow and painful death.

You play Gief, that move is your ONE MAIN WEAPON. MAKE THEM FEAR IT, YOU GOD**** SCRUBS.

Mith_

Smash Champion
That's why I love him so much.
Everybody at my school is afraid of Geif.
They don't wanna get SPD'd, or Atomic Buster'd.
Some people who don't know their character's guard break moves are afraid of EX Running Bear Grab LOL.
Easiest way to put somebody into a corner xD, so they can get SPD'd all day :mad:

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see how someone can play Zangeif and be beaten by hadoken spamming. I wish that everyone would do that against my Geif. It's the easiest thing ever to get past with him and sets them up for a massive grab-fest. Even though he only needs to land 3 to win.

I play with the d-pad on the xbox controller and do just fine. If they want to whine, let them. They aren't good enough to adapt so they make up excuses for failure.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
That's why I love him so much.
Everybody at my school is afraid of Geif.
They don't wanna get SPD'd, or Atomic Buster'd.
Some people who don't know their character's guard break moves are afraid of EX Running Bear Grab LOL.
Easiest way to put somebody into a corner xD, so they can get SPD'd all day :mad:
lol.. scrubs.

the main char. i lose to on ranked matches are:
blanka [hate him]
goodd ryu's
good abels[fukkin scary]
and good boxers or dictators [for now]

Mith_

Smash Champion
I don't get beat by pure fireball spam, i get beat by good *** keep away.
1 other person at my school that knows what he's doing b/c he knows the gief matchup with ryu/sagat and he is teaching me the matchup as well.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
why did you retire seph?
I have more things to worry about then trying to beat competitive players in fighting games now a days. Alot of things consume me, and I'm enjoying other things more so then fighting games now...lol, yes, it's not a hate thing, it's just that I guess as your older, you just have less time for them now.

Not to mention, when I used to play competitively, I would devote at least 4-6 hours minimum per day just to practice for that particular fighting game, usually longer, like 6-8+ hrs per day. That's what I realize as true commitment for the game, however I'll be lucky to get like 30 minutes a day, if even. Besides, I've had my fun, been playing since what...1991, rofl, when I was a young super spud.

Although I may not play "tournament" lvl anymore, I still enjoy talking and debating about fighting games, lol.

what with the ppl b*tching about the 360 controller?

sure the dpad sucks major c*ck but use the control STICK

i do every move that i want to, at least try it out..
The control stick isn't something to brag about either, and I don't even use the control stick on the PS3 it feels super awkward and also because that's a whole new learning that I will simply have to do. The 360, they should have made a useable d-pad period, it seems like when they were making the controller they never bothered to think that players would need to use the dpad for fighters.

NthRedDragon

Smash Rookie
I hate your F'in keep away games. You shouldn't be allowed to play your characters against my Geif anymore. You can only pick El Fuerte and Crimson Viper against me now.
Well, i then hereby ban your Guile, for he is annoying.

@ Dreadz
We usually go 50-50 back and forth. Depending on who we pick...

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if we're better than each other. It pretty much goes 50/50 depending on which characters we pick. I hate Dragons Chun Li though. You should play her Dreadz.

Guile is unbannable. He is America. Do you want to ban America? If so...get outta my country.

NthRedDragon

Smash Rookie
I don't know if we're better than each other. It pretty much goes 50/50 depending on which characters we pick. I hate Dragons Chun Li though. You should play her Dreadz.

Guile is unbannable. He is America. Do you want to ban America? If so...get outta my country.
You already deported my El Furete and Dhalsim from America, Chun Li can stay.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace

ill Play yall later tonite

i cant wait till the SF IV patch comes in with championship mode [saves replays and can upload replays and more people in player match lobbies]

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Ah. I can't wait for that. It did bug me quite a bit that you can only have one on one lobbys in player matches. I mean even HD Remix had like 6 people rooms. I also know that I wish I couldve saved afew of those matches I've had before. Replay saves are awesome.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Ah. I can't wait for that. It did bug me quite a bit that you can only have one on one lobbys in player matches. I mean even HD Remix had like 6 people rooms. I also know that I wish I couldve saved afew of those matches I've had before. Replay saves are awesome.
best part about the replay feature is gonna be watching the replays of top players that use the char. u use.

great for learning combos and especially for matchups

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Unlocking Gouken is getting on my nerves... I've definitely done what most people said I need (2 perfects, 3 Ultras), gone beyond those numbers for good measure, made sure I haven't lost a single round, and I've done it with both Ryu and Akuma, and still nothing. Am I missing something?

Getting everyone is starting to seem more like a hassle than a pleasure.

It's even more annoying since the first time I tried getting Akuma I kept getting Gouken instead...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Unlocking Gouken is getting on my nerves... I've definitely done what most people said I need (2 perfects, 3 Ultras), gone beyond those numbers for good measure, made sure I haven't lost a single round, and I've done it with both Ryu and Akuma, and still nothing. Am I missing something?

Getting everyone is starting to seem more like a hassle than a pleasure.

It's even more annoying since the first time I tried getting Akuma I kept getting Gouken instead...
There is a certain order to unlock him, from what I've seen it's...

1. Perfect
2. Ultra Finish
3. Ultra Finish
4.Ultra Finish
5.Normal
6.Normal
7.Normal
8.Normal

No continues, must have unlocked and beaten arcade one time with Akuma, then again with any other character to fight Gouken after Seth.

This order worked for me, I used Ryu but I'm not sure it has to be him.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
There is a certain order to unlock him, from what I've seen it's...

1. Perfect
2. Ultra Finish
3. Ultra Finish
4.Ultra Finish
5.Normal
6.Normal
7.Normal
8.Normal

No continues, must have unlocked and beaten arcade one time with Akuma, then again with any other character to fight Gouken after Seth.

This order worked for me, I used Ryu but I'm not sure it has to be him.
WRONG

it's 3 ultra finish, atleast 2 perfects with akuma

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
ive seen people report that they've unlocked akuma with just one perfect and thats it... seems pretty random

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still need to unlock Seth. LOL

I'm just surprised how good online is. That's where I spend most of my time playing.

Top Bottom