• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I heard the PS3 version has horrid load issues.

One of the Gamestops down here had around 10 entrys while the one across just one block away from it had a massive list with extras hopeing to jump in at the no-shows. I love how well they communicate with each other. You can literally walk from one to the other in afew minutes.

Gouken is so broken, why use him at a tourney? The good thing is the selection of characters is pretty good, so even with some not playable in tourny matches, you still have a nice (decent at best) selection. Odds are you'll be good with a handful of them.

smashbot226

Smash Master
The good thing is the selection of characters is pretty good, so even with some not playable in tourny matches, you still have a nice (decent at best) selection. Odds are you'll be good with a handful of them.
I'm already VERY familiar with Gen, Blanka, and Zangief.

I'm planning on picking up Dan and Rufus too.

I might have some trouble picking up Rufus because of how FAST he is, and Dan because...

Well, he's Dan.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Gouken fires his projectiles at blinding speeds and in a single attack can just delete half his opponents health bar. Also he's Gouken, point proven.

Dan is proveing to be quite the beast. He has the greatest special in the whole game with the thumbs up teeth sparkle. That's priceless. Everyone should play Dan or just not play Street Fighter VI at all. Gen is looking to be my favorite with his stance changing and special attacks, but I still feel like playing Abel alot to. Strikes into grapples for the wins.
After seeing Rufus, I don't know if I'll be able to play him. His jiggling is just too much for me to stomache. I prefer Tekken's Bob over him.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Gouken fires his projectiles at blinding speeds and in a single attack can just delete half his opponents health bar. Also he's Gouken, point proven.
Whatever. ;)
The only Fireball that goes straight forward is his jab FB.
And it's also his slowest (Not any faster than other FB's).
Plus his FB's charge, so if you throw one, you get a little bit of charge anyway (Like Smash-attacking with Control stick + A).
If you spam FB's to space, you'll get really predictable.
Plus, He has no reliable anti-air specials (His biggest weakness).
He has no DP, and while his Hurricane Kick goes upwards from the ground, you can hit his head easily, and the move is useless on it's own due to the insane lag afterwards.
I've done some research, and he may be good, but he's far from broken.

...Yet.
Who knows what could be found in the future?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard the PS3 version has horrid load issues.
Actually I think both consoles have bad load issues. But that's only because they didn't install the game yet. I've heard the load times were quite fast once they're installed.

I'm hoping that Gamestop will have my TE stick ready. If they don't... That'll suck.
Sunday there won't be any shipping going on, and Monday's a holiday; I'm not sure if that'll affect it. I want to actually enjoy HD Remix before SF IV comes out.

And yeah, I think I'm going ahead with Sagat. Unless I click with a different character before the tourney, it's going to be Sagat.

Tiger Uppercut--FADC--Roundhouse--Ultra=A whole lotta life.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And yeah, I think I'm going ahead with Sagat. Unless I click with a different character before the tourney, it's going to be Sagat.

Tiger Uppercut--FADC--Roundhouse--Ultra=A whole lotta life.

>_>

Tiger Raid shenanigans.

*anxiously awaits SF4's release.*

Smooth Criminal

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Oh no. That's horrible. You know they're achievments for doing that lame crap. I always dread those boring and overly simple process which they make you repeat over and over with every character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, no character has become somewhat gay to play against? Curious...
The game's quite balance.

Sure there are some hitches like Vega versus Sagat, but this game did a good job on closing the gap on tiers. Character rankings around the mid tier have been trading spots several times lately. It's really hard to judge how good certain characters are.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Thats Trial mode where the game displays moves that you practice on Dan (lol) and by sucessfully clearing them you can practice more advanced combos and unlock concept art as well.

Even though the player makes them look easy the hard level Trials require nearly frame perfect execution.

here's an example...Gouki's SA (MP+MK) directly into the Ultra Raging Demon (LP,LP, <--,LK,HP)

or Chun-li's random combo (Jumping HK, crouch LP, crouch LP, crouch LP, LP, HP)

Also the CPU Dan will block as soon as he is capable of doing so the margin for error is a little unforgiving.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The game's quite balance.

Sure there are some hitches like Vega versus Sagat, but this game did a good job on closing the gap on tiers. Character rankings around the mid tier have been trading spots several times lately. It's really hard to judge how good certain characters are.

How bad is Vega now?

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Last I checked, he was the worst character. That may have recently changed though.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Has anyone here actually gotten their copy yet? I've heard rumors that the DLC in the Collectors Edition is, without a choice, the Brawler pack. Is this true? Could we wait a week or two to get a different pack?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Holy crap it's coming out tomorrow. I can't wait.
Well... Tomorrow's just the shipping date. It could be possible to get a copy tomorrow if certain stores get it early.
Has anyone here actually gotten their copy yet? I've heard rumors that the DLC in the Collectors Edition is, without a choice, the Brawler pack. Is this true? Could we wait a week or two to get a different pack?
It's not a rumor, it's been confirmed.
And the Brawler pack sucks. It's the worst out of the bunch, IMO.

At least it's still referenced to a Bruce Lee movie. So I'm still happy about that.
Plus Law in Tekken already had an alt with the jump suit.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
gettin this game tommorrow. how do u find street fighter tournies anywhere.is there a site for sf like smashboards is to smash bros

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
gettin this game tommorrow. how do u find street fighter tournies anywhere.is there a site for sf like smashboards is to smash bros
SRK is probably the place you want to go to if you want to find SF tournies in your area.

Hopefully my friend lands me pay-dirt tomorrow. *crosses fingers.*

Smooth Criminal

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
I'm way to hyped to just have the game finally come to think of tournies since I'll want to learn how to use characters that seem very interesting like Rose and Cammy.

Most of the new characters don't really interest me since Abel seems a little wierd to me and rufus just seems to be stunned easily...and the fatness....*shiver*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How bad is Vega now?
He's not a bad character, he just doesn't have the qualities of any of the good characters (Which makes him a bad character :laugh:).

He doesn't deal enough damage, he takes too much damage once his mask comes off, and he loses a lot of his range and priority when his claw gets knocked off. Plus, he doesn't have a good combo ability that links/cancels into a super or ultra.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Vega feels like Guile in the sense that he didn't get a new useful attack or practical way to use his super and ultra. losing the mask and claw practically nerfs him all around and even his pokes aren't as effective as before.

and also...why did they give Vega moves to have him take off the claw and mask. Seriously check his move-list and he has inputs to have you take his mask and claw off.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
and also...why did they give Vega moves to have him take off the claw and mask. Seriously check his move-list and he has inputs to have you take his mask and claw off.
I think those are taunts. Though it's sad that when he throws off his mask and claw they don't hit people like dudley's roses did in sf3. Would've been hilarious, plus maybe even a good corner trap!

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Hm...maybe but I thought I recalled seeing that it was a move like a reverse SRK P for the Claw, K for the Mask it was really random and it could've been used to perhaps enhance his speed or something if he took off the stuff but instead its just a pointless move that is detrimental.

Mith_

Smash Champion
my brother got this today.
i sold my car so i may be able to get a ps3 soon and pick this up for myself ^.^

edit: GIEF IS TOO GOOD

Top Bottom