• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I'm was thinking of attempting to make this game my new competitive game, but holy balls. The fight sticks cost like 80 bucks.

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
I'm was thinking of attempting to make this game my new competitive game, but holy balls. The fight sticks cost like 80 bucks.
GameCyte said:
$150 -- That's what it will cost you to buy the officially licensed, Mad Catz-produced, S-kill and MarkMan-designed, Sanwa-inclusive, Capcom-approved "Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition" controller you see immediately above, on February 20th, 2009.
The gamepads are around $60-70 I believe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was wrong, we went to the other bowling alley without Street Fighter IV...AH! I wanted to play it.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Yep, the last boss of SF IV is named after Seth Killian himself.
I heard Capcom producer Ono-san said that Seth was originally to be named Cain as in Cain and Abel, but that name was already taken by another last boss. They decided on changing it to Seth due to his relationship with Abel and to keep the name thing going.

" in the Book of Genesis of the Hebrew Bible, is the third listed son of Adam and Eve and brother of Cain and Abel and is the only other son mentioned by name. According to Genesis 4:25, Seth was born after the slaying of Abel by Cain, and Eve believed God had appointed him as "replacement" for Abel "because Cain killed him." "

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard Capcom producer Ono-san said that Seth was originally to be named Cain as in Cain and Abel, but that name was already taken by another last boss. They decided on changing it to Seth due to his relationship with Abel and to keep the name thing going.

" in the Book of Genesis of the Hebrew Bible, is the third listed son of Adam and Eve and brother of Cain and Abel and is the only other son mentioned by name. According to Genesis 4:25, Seth was born after the slaying of Abel by Cain, and Eve believed God had appointed him as "replacement" for Abel "because Cain killed him." "
That could be true.
If what you say is the real reason why he's named Seth, then Seth Killian lied.:mad:
Doesn't matter though in the end.

Oh, and only 3 or 4 more days until my TE stick comes in.
FYI, if anyone's interested in the pads, they're actually 40 dollars.

Mith_

Smash Champion
i wish i had a credit card so i could get all of this stuff then not ever pay it off and be screwed in the bum when i turn 40.
or i could just get a job xD

turns out i have to use my refund check to buy a car instead of a ps3, oh well :p

:cry:

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
You know they make this thing that's kind of like a PS3, but it's cheaper, and has more good games on it.
I think it's called a 360?
;)

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
My PS3 is a Blu-ray player atm.

It seems I was mistaken about the pricing on the accessories from Mad Catz. The standard fight sticks are $70-80. >_>

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
Holy hell, Smooth Criminal I live in Clearwater too. CR1 and Curlew Rd to be exact. :O

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Holy hell, Smooth Criminal I live in Clearwater too. CR1 and Curlew Rd to be exact. :O
Where have you been posting... I didn't know there were more of us Clearwaterians on these here boards. we're all going to have to get together one of these days.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I get to pick up my TE stick on Wednesday and SF IV next week. So psyched.

I went to my local Gamestop today to check up on some things. I also signed up for their tourney today. I was the first one to sign up since the sign up sheet was barely out today. I don't think there are that many SF fans in my area so I might just walk out with a free headband. If I do get to play someone, I better not lose because of that crappy 360 pad. I'd rather lose to someone better than me.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I signed up for the tourny to. If everything goes well, I can win me the new game pad, if not I'll buy it afterwards. There were quite alot of sign ups when I went in today, but it's always like that down here then half the people show on game day.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I signed up for the tourny to. If everything goes well, I can win me the new game pad, if not I'll buy it afterwards. There were quite alot of sign ups when I went in today, but it's always like that down here then half the people show on game day.
where in florida?

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Alot of eastern Street Fighter fans eh. Hope to see you guys online after the launch of the game. I still can't seem to stand still knowing it's so close to release already.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
All of Florida apperantly. I think it's cool how they are holding it after the release of the game, unlike the midnight launch tourny for Brawl with the Nunchuk remote only rule in play. I really want to either practice as Abel or El Fuerte for the tourny.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I should be picking up my TE FightStick tomorrow. It better not be damaged or screwed up.

As for the GS tourney, I'm not sure who I'll actually use.
I'll probably just pick Bison (Dictator). Charge characters are still easy with the 360 controller. Not to mention, a lot of people won't be able to anti-air me so easily with that crappy d-pad. I suppose they could still use down fierce...

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
The new Street Fighter IV tier list from Tougeki Damashi makes me happy in the pants. I shall now share this beauty with you all.

S +

Sagat, C. Viper, Gouki, Zangief

S

Ryu, Boxer, Rufus, Blanka

A
Chun-Li, Dictator, Ken, Dhalsim, Abel, Honda, Fuerte

B
Claw, Guile

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I'm super puzzled at C. Viper being that high seriously, she's a super gimmicky character in this game, and alot of her stuff can get randomly snuffed out. Even Kunai who has one of the best C. Vipers in the world says she's super gimmicky and has to really work for her openings and damage.

Honestly, I don't believe C. Viper is that high, played to her potential, Mid, but Top-Tier? Right under Sagat at that? I don't believe it until I see more consistency with her.

Sanu

Smash Champion
The game leaked yesterday (XBOX 360) and I just have to say that it's pretty awesome.

That is all.

Mith_

Smash Champion
The new Street Fighter IV tier list from Tougeki Damashi makes me happy in the pants. I shall now share this beauty with you all.

S +

Sagat, C. Viper, Gouki, Zangief

S

Ryu, Boxer, Rufus, Blanka

A
Chun-Li, Dictator, Ken, Dhalsim, Abel, Honda, Fuerte

B
Claw, Guile
My boy Gief is S+, too good!

I'm surprised Claw and Sim are so low.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I remember reading the new tier list from that magazine on SRK.
Viper deserved a boost, but not that high!

I wouldn't be surprised to see her drop a little again.

Top Bottom