• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well I'm ambidextrous... Just had to point that out.

So regardless of the stupid Gamestop rules, I'll be entering Round 1. I hope some scrub doesn't beat me because of the stupid 360 controller.
Heh...showoff. ^^

Oh and uh....I wouldn't risk it bro. I've played Street Fighter 3rd Strike on the Xbox 360, and the D-Pad is simply just not for the Shotokan fighters at ALL! Most of my commands won't come out. Don't fret though. I've heard through the grapevine that some company associated with the Xbox is making a better D-Pad controller exclusively for Street Fighter.

Anyways, I don't care. I'm sticking with my PS3 controller when this bad boy comes out.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Heh...showoff. ^^

Oh and uh....I wouldn't risk it bro. I've played Street Fighter 3rd Strike on the Xbox 360, and the D-Pad is simply just not for the Shotokan fighters at ALL! Most of my commands won't come out. Don't fret though. I've heard through the grapevine that some company associated with the Xbox is making a better D-Pad controller exclusively for Street Fighter.

Anyways, I don't care. I'm sticking with my PS3 controller when this bad boy comes out.
You heard correctly, Shade. I'll be purchasing the exclusive pad for the 360 on midnight release.

And in speaking of midnight release. I gotta put in my request away from work form! Gotta crack out to this for two days straight!

Smooth Criminal

Grunt

Smash Master
I believe it has just a dpad and all the buttons on the face, right?

Well...
after reading all this, it seems most people who use controllers use the D-Pad.
?????????/
I use the joystick on the controller.
Am I extra weird now?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Grunt, I think you're talking about the MadCatz Fight Pad which may be different from what shadenexus is talking about (or is it? Honestly I have no idea what he's talking about and I never heard of any dpad remake thing).

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
360 Pad ='s FAIL

My brother wanted to join in this Tournament when he heard of it, however when he noticed "NO Sticks, No D-Pads of your own, Only 360 Pad" He was like eff this!!! (Since he bought and customized his own J-Stick for himself) and no longer cares anymore, lol. Honestly, I believe they are limiting players when they only allow 360 pads only. It's not like I don't like the thought either, because Gamestop putting their effort into maximizing SF:IV's hype is without a doubt, a huge step and an incredible notion. However, I'm still appalled at the 360 pad only notion.

I could never use the 360 pad remotely consistently, because I absolutely hate their d-pad on so many lvls, I can't even do Zangief's 360 consistently on that thing, where as on something like a PS controller, I can. The only time I can do SPD on 360 is if I'm jumping in, or on a combo string, or poke on block, however even sometimes I'll end doing nothing, lol...curse that D-Pad. Worse yet...I hate the default custom settings as well and cannot play well in it, so if I was playing with a 360 d-pad along with default settings...I would be playing like a scrub..like literally.

Good luck to all players who will enter in this tournament, imho, Microsoft probably had a hand in this in some way...why only 360 systems and controllers??? It almost defects all of the J-Stick hype that was being made for this game as well. It would be more fun and definitely more broad of a tournament if they allowed all forms of pads/j-stick.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Their 360's better not RROD during the tourney. LOL

I'm not sure if it's worth it entering this tourney since Round 3 is far and I'm not even sure if I have plans on the same day as Round 2.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Aww man gief's throws are 360 on that? i was hoping they would be like they are on hd remix. i can never pull a 360 off with the d-pad (but i did his 720 super today on a dpad lol)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Remember, you don't need to input a full 360 motion for SPDs. 270 registers the move as well.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Aww man gief's throws are 360 on that? i was hoping they would be like they are on hd remix. i can never pull a 360 off with the d-pad (but i did his 720 super today on a dpad lol)
Me too. I always have to jump in order to get a 360 motion to work on the D-Pad, but I'm much more precise with it otherwise, so I don't use the control stick.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Gamestop's confirmed that the fight sticks and fight pads are shipping on the 10th and arriving on the 11th. Some stores might already have them too. Someone on SRK said that their Best Buy has a shipment of the fight pads already.

The wait's killing me. One more week until they come out.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea I saw that on a vid. So ******** imo, I'd rather buy a valentine's day or Christmas costume that costumes they should already have.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You heard correctly, Shade. I'll be purchasing the exclusive pad for the 360 on midnight release.

And in speaking of midnight release. I gotta put in my request away from work form! Gotta crack out to this for two days straight!

Smooth Criminal
Yes yes yes that one! However, I...don't think the controller will last long for those with trigger happy fingers. Yesterday, I found out that the controller will be made by Mad Catz. They have had a history of shipping out bad merchandise that falls completely apart after awhile. Well also, if you want to risk it by buying this controller I would do it RIGHT NOW! At my Gamestop my brother works in Virginia, they are sold out already. Not just one Gamestop, but all three!

One more thing, did I mention they aren't making that many right now? Eventually though, you would think that they would create more.

That's why it's best to play Street Fighter 4 with the following controller:

Fin

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Didn't madcatz team up with capcom to make those sticks? I think the sticks look solid. Seth said they are the closest thing to the ones in arcades.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Didn't madcatz team up with capcom to make those sticks? I think the sticks look solid. Seth said they are the closest thing to the ones in arcades.
Yes they did. I was skeptical too until I saw the Seth Killian vid of him confirming that these sticks would be legit.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
^I hate to sound like a n00b *facepalms self*, but who is this Seth guy?
He was a SF tournament player back in the day, and now currently works for Capcom, so yes, we have a tournament representative in the SF world. Good to know eh? He's been there for awhile, and to be quite honest, he was one of the ones who pushed for getting things like HD:Remix out, and Capcom's involvement with the tournament scene.

Be thankful, be happy, he rocks.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He was a SF tournament player back in the day, and now currently works for Capcom, so yes, we have a tournament representative in the SF world. Good to know eh? He's been there for awhile, and to be quite honest, he was one of the ones who pushed for getting things like HD:Remix out, and Capcom's involvement with the tournament scene.

Be thankful, be happy, he rocks.
Oh wow thanks Sephiroth! Knowing that we have a tournament representative working with Street Fighter and Capcom will let me rest easy at night. ^^

Zzzzz....

@Mithx: You're probably right, or maybe it's just a coincidence. XD

JDM

Smash Champion
Sucks we have to use a xbox360 pad for the tourney though. I would have no problem if they were using PS3 pads.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
11 days until sf4 is out on console, man I hate having to wait.

Anyways who do you guys plan on playing with? I'm thinking of using vega, cammy, and c.viper, though I am going to try everyone out before I'm 100% sure.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Well I know its unoriginal but I have to use Ryu and chun li. Ken and akuma for secondaries. I'll need to get a better controller than the garbage that is 360. Theres a way to use a ps2 controller or ps3 controller for the 360 but thats 80 bucks and i just blew my money on the game. Il get something though.
Sidenote Capcom REALLY NEEDS to fix the system for charge characters. Mark of the wolves did the charge characters justice as well as mvc2. Capcom make them charge too long.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a street fight IV at the bowling alley I'm going to tonight.

The Bowling Alley for some bizarre reason got it quite a while ago, wanting to be the first place to get it in the area...

I'll try it tonight I guess

Mith_

Smash Champion
11 days until sf4 is out on console, man I hate having to wait.

Anyways who do you guys plan on playing with? I'm thinking of using vega, cammy, and c.viper, though I am going to try everyone out before I'm 100% sure.
Zangeif, because I like having to work hard to win. (Not really, I just think he is badass).

Sagat and Cammy definitely though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think I've mentioned who I was going to main somewhere in this thread, but I'll post it again anyways.

From the looks of it, it'll be: Ryu, Gen, and C. Viper.

I've always used Ryu since he's a great character once he's mastered. Gen's 2 styles are awesome as well and C. Viper has some awesome mix ups and combos like Ibuki did. Generally, I like using complex characters in SF games.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'll say it again:

Gouki and Dan. Oh yeahhhhhhhh

Smooth Criminal
Bah! I WISH they choose either Sean (Street Fighter 3) or Kairi (Street Fighter EX) over Dan.

I hate the fact that Arika owns Kairi. That's baby back bull ****!

Meh...nobody will be able to touch my M. Bison, Ryu, or Gouki.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A SWF SFIV tourney sounds like a really good idea, but not all of us are getting it for the same platform. I guess we could have 2 tournies, a PS3 tourney and a 360 tourney. Also, it would prolly have to be online - I'm kind of a scrub at SF and I don't want to drive a long way to get my *** handed to me lol.

Top Bottom