• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 6 Discussion Thread

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Street Fighter 6 is officially released today!

I am eager to see when exactly we should be expecting to get a first glimpse of Rashid who is the first of the four DLC characters coming soon.

GarryLance

Smash Rookie

There is a Street Fighter 6 showcase coming up this Thursday. Its interesting that they showed a small snippet of Damnd which makes me wonder if they have something up their sleeve?
I really like playing video games because I'm a student and it's a great distraction from studying and gives my brain a little rest. While preparing another homework assignment on the topic of racial profiling I was researching the source https://studymoose.com/free-essays/racial-profiling and came across an example essay about racial profiling in StreetFighter games. Playing this game as a child I did not pay attention to the fact that there is no discrimination and all the characters are equally strong (regardless of their skin color). Now I've noticed it because I've been familiar with the issue of racial discrimination since high school and black characters like Balrog have shown me the coolness of African fighting style. It's really cool when, decades later, you start noticing such important things, in regular computer games.
Akuma getting revealed finally

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm pretty much curious to see which other characters will arrive through DLC once Rashid, AKI, Ed and Akuma have been released in the future.

There are bound to be several new characters coming through plus a couple of returnees that I would like to see come back for Street Fighter 6.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Street Fighter 6 is awesome :D
For Future Street Fighrer 6 DLC i would Hakan,Menat,Dudley,Necro,Sodam and Cody to return

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And here he is!
Woah! Rashid is certainly looking a lot more better with a load of parkour inspired moves and with more personality in contrast to his Street Fighter V appearance.

Other than that with Rashid revealed, it does make me wonder if Capcom has anything else to reveal at this year's EVO 2023?

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Poor yor!
She looks pretty ugly with a photorealistic avatar face! Welp!
Also that crossover make i think the second time anything germany related is in street fighter?
Other than falke i think?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
All I ask is to have a couple of characters I actually care about to be included in the next season. Ed and Akuma do absolutely nothing for me.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
All I ask is to have a couple of characters I actually care about to be included in the next season. Ed and Akuma do absolutely nothing for me.
You'll get Bratken from FF2 as the new Abigail and you'll like it.

Jokes aside, who are you hoping for?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You'll get Bratken from FF2 as the new Abigail and you'll like it.

Jokes aside, who are you hoping for?
Some characters from 3rd Strike mostly, preferably Alex, Ibuki, Q, Dudley, and Makoto.

Sakura and Cody would be pretty cool, too. Maybe even Maki if they're willing to get a bit more obscure.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Eds ok (though id prefer Falke or Balrog), honestly i dont care for Akuma either.

Agree with the list for the most part but id throw in Menat or Rose & Karin since i like their unique playstyles. If we are pulling more from final fight i think Rolento is pretty fun too.

Either way looking forward to finally seeing more fighters that werent leaked, was certainly refreshing for Tekken 8 & am sure it will be here too.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Once Akuma is released in Spring 2024, I'm sure that there will eventually be news on the second season possibly at this year's EVO finals.

As for who I would like to see return next, will say Fei Long, someone from Street Fighter III and another newcomer character.

Top Bottom