• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 6 Discussion Thread

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Street Fighter 6 is confirmed to be making a presence at San-Diego Comic-con that will take place within a two weeks time. Knowing Capcom, it is likely that they will do a character reveal there just like their previous appearances at Comic-con.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I forgot that comic con even exists lol, but its cool, guess a new fighter trailer would be dropped there. Maybe even a new series of comics? I kinda liked some ideas of UDON.
UDON entertainment usually have a presence at San Diego Comic-con, I haven't seen the full schedule for the event yet, but we should find out soon enough.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Is it just me or does capcom always try to replace ryu with a Blonde American?!
(outside of ken of course)
Its more that they always try to add an American protagonist, and for Capcom the entre population of USA is blonde (funny enough, Ken is Half Japanese so he actually has black hair but he dryed it)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What would happen first, the EVO or the Comic Con?, also it's likely that the EVO trial would include Guile and maybe one or two additional characters if they announce them.
Capcom usually do reveals at San Diego Comic-con like they did with their past fighting games, so I'd at least expect a character reveal there. EVO is one where I am certain they will reveal at least two characters.

I believe the Street Fighter 6 panel at SDCC will be on 22nd July.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We could see a new trailer, so I want to post what I can see it could be Ken's movelist (that more sooner than later it should appear).
  • Hadouken: (It isn't a full range projectile (having more or less the range of Kage's) but instead it has more raw power, the EX version would recover that losing distance.
  • Shoryuken (It would mantain the EX Shoryureppa)
  • Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (Mantain the arc trajectory of SFV, maaaaaybe EX could be Shippu Jinraikyaku?)
  • Ryusenkyaku (Ken's R.E.D. Kick, I really like the move and it was a V-Skill in V so I can see it coming again)
  • Quick Step: (A command dash move with different follow ups, like Serenity Stream but in Ken's own way).
  • Shinryuken (Level 1) (Shoryureppa is Shoryuken EX so Shinryuken can work more has the Level 1)
  • Heat Rush (Level 2) (would mantain the characteristics of V enhancing all Ken's special into fire. It would also enhance Ken's HPs and HKs.
  • New Level 3 (probably like the previous ones would be a new version of Shippu)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So the Street Fighter 6 panel ended moments ago and surprisingly there is no new character reveal shown there. But it is great to see that the characters will have alternate costumes for example Ryu, Chun-Li and Guile will have their classic costumes whilst the new characters will have brand newer costumes.

I guess they must be saving the big reveals for the EVO championships in two weeks time.

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
So I just realized something. Remember that young girl fighting alongside Chun Li in the main trailer? I forgot her name, but she's likely to be a DLC character in the future, right?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I just realized something. Remember that young girl fighting alongside Chun Li in the main trailer? I forgot her name, but she's likely to be a DLC character in the future, right?
I think that was Li-Fen, who is Chun-Li's adopted daughter snd I fo believe that she and Damd who was shown in the SF6 trailer are viable candidates for DLC.

Anyways with the EVO championships happening in over a weeks time and SF 6 news is guaranteed to happen, which charaters do you think will be revealed there?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ken and the other ninja girl are the most obvious choices for me, with some luck we will have trailers of both and with bigger luck maybe even Cammy considering that she is more or less complete afawk.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Ken and the other ninja girl are the most obvious choices for me, with some luck we will have trailers of both and with bigger luck maybe even Cammy considering that she is more or less complete afawk.
I'm thinking the same as well. I'd expect at least two characters to be revealed at the event with Kimberly and Ken being my candidates. But I guess we'll find out eventually who will be shown there.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The announcement at EVO was sick.

Whilst Kimberly does have certain moves inspired from Bushin-ryu, but I do love how her gameplay utilises the graffiti cans too. In addition, I do really like that they are giving Juri a lot more personality within her character, but nontheless her gameplay looks sick (in a good way.)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
It's sad that 4 of the leaked characters weren't part of the base roster, particullary Rashid and Akuma, the first one since it would have be the only character from V in the roster (admitedly, Luke is more a character of SF6 than V) and Akuma since it would mean that he is a DLC again.

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
It's sad that 4 of the leaked characters weren't part of the base roster, particullary Rashid and Akuma, the first one since it would have be the only character from V in the roster (admitedly, Luke is more a character of SF6 than V) and Akuma since it would mean that he is a DLC again.
Don't forget Ed. He's also from V.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Since they revealed the launch roster, it will be interesting to see how they will reveal the remaining characters as Zangief, Cammy, Deejay, Manon, Lily, Marisa and JP are the only ones left. The only upcoming events that I could see Capcom do potenyial reveals are New York Comic-con, the Games Awards or the Capcom Cup finals.

Anyways which characters do you hope and see coming through as DLC?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While the 4 remnant characters could be considered confirmed has part of the DLC, I'm reaaaaally hoping to see Makoto this time, especially since it seems that every veteran would receive new tools and I would love to see what they do with her, Sakura, G and Ibuki. Also on the topic more characters from SF Alpha and 3 in the future would be nice.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Someone datamined the closed beta in which there is some rather interesting information and details for the remaining newcomer characters plus Cammy and Zangief with I think it sounded like James Chen's voiceover commentary.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
To be completely honest, the SF6 roster was kind of disappointing to me, I wish it had more new characters and went more into the “next generation” aspect but that said the whole aesthetic and gameplay changes look amazing and I’m pretty hyped for it

dezeray112

Smash Hero
With the release date set for June 2nd 2023 and Cammy, Zangief and Lily being the only characters yet to be revealed, I predict they will be shown either at the Capcom Cup IX that takes place in the middle of February 2023 or at the EVO Japan 2023 championships that takes place at the end of March 2023.

Upon reviewing the recent trailer, all of the characters have really shone a lot more in terms of personality (in contrast to Street Fighter V.) The newcomers Manon, Marisa and JP's gameplays are definitely fun, unique and interesting.

Top Bottom