• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Trolling/bait
this character is nothing more than blocks a punching bag im so gonna abuse this freaking sucks, the characters i want have 4 more spots left and the very last.....

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Congrats everybody! I’ll admit that Steve was a character I felt like I would be disappointed with if he made it in, but as soon as I realized it was Minecraft I just had a big smile on the face the whole time. He looks awesome, the stage looks awesome, the alts are really cool and entirely unexpected (BLACK ALEX ALT, ZOMBIE, ENDERMAN), and all in all I’m lowkey hyped!

I’m looking forward to learning more about his specifics on Saturday!

D

Deleted member

Now I am having an urge to play Hardcore Minecraft again.

I had a really good world in my last run, but I died to Zombie Pigman. :V

I just want to play Steve in Smash so bad. He looks EXTREMELY fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
WOOOOOOO! I'm delighted to see that Steve (with Alex as a skin) finally made it in! Plus, Steve is another Western rep. Banjo was the first western rep.

EDIT: Hmm. Steve is already a step towards Bomberman getting promoted to playable. So does Steve's inclusion effect Bomberman's and Rayman's chances of being promoted to playable in Smash 6?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well, seeing as I predicted Steve, I'll try my hand at his release date.
October 10th. Probably at 10:00 edt.
Can't wait for him to come out and have this thread explode with labbing and whatnot. I won't be able to play him for myself until the day after if he is released late, though.
Regardless...this is all very exciting and has been all I've been thinking about since that sweet, sweet splash screen.
I've got to go finish some homework so I can play Minecraft.
My last thing to the people who don't want him in...I mean, it was inevitable. MC's on the Switch, Nintendo and Microsoft has really good relations (probably just as good as they do with Sega), MC is a super popular game and Smash is a crossover of the biggest icons in gaming history-by that logic, Minecraft really does deserve to be in Smash the most, seeing as it's one of the few videogames that literally everyone knows about. I understand if you're underwhelmed, but saying it's a bad reveal is like saying that the donuts you bought weren't good because you don't like donuts.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm 100% certain the only news the event will have is for Minecraft.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...inecraft_game_update_at_its_october_live_show

Nintendo has not let a third-party ever handle any character reveals. The only time an unusual occurrence ever happened outside of a Direct, Sakurai Presents or E3 was at the Game Awards, and even then :mybodyisreggie: had a clear presence at the event. Also, Smash news don't happen on weekends.

Even @PushDustIn has questioned this line of thinking.
Well, this aged like milk. Now we know for sure what the hush-hushed surprise was.

Most likely no but

Vegreben being saying Steve ever since does this mean we might get the dragon as a boss like verge en said?
I'd say no. The early "leaks" for that happened during the timeline of the base roster, when the FP2 fighter picks weren't programmed, let alone picked, yet.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've already asked this in the Newcomer Speculation thread but what tracks and remixes are you guys hoping to see?
If anything I'm just super excited to see what they do with Minecraft music. Like, how do you make battle music out of the game's ost? I'm sure the music team's had a blast with this one.
I'd like to see a few Battle tracks from the console versions of Minecraft make their way into the game. It would also be cool if they reworked the title theme:maybe speed up the tempo, add some drums or something like that? I'm no musical genius, but I just think a Smash remix of the title theme would be dope.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I've already asked this in the Newcomer Speculation thread but what tracks and remixes are you guys hoping to see?
I'll likely like anything they do, but my personal hopes for remixed tracks are:

• Minecraft
  • Sweden
  • Haggstrom
  • The title themes (Beginning 2 and Moog City 2 are the ones I want most from the title themes)
  • Mice on Venus
  • Cat and Dog
  • Subwoofer Lullaby
  • Danny
  • Wait (aka Where Are We Now?)
  • Wet Hands
  • Dry Hands
  • So Below (and some other Nether tracks)
  • Pigstep
  • Axolotl
  • Alpha (the credits music)
  • Stal (the funny track)
  • Some creative mode music (such as Aria Math and Haunt Muskie)
  • Chirp
  • Ward
  • Far
  • Droopy Likes Your Face
  • Some minigame music from Legacy Console Edition
  • End music

yeah I have too many hopes I guess.

edit: also Calm4 but I doubt it'd happen tbh.

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Damn, what a ride. It was only 10 hours ago, and I'm still trying to process what I saw lol. Never thought it was even possible, due to the character's complexity, but hot dang the man himself did it - and I couldn't be happier! And he looks so freaking cool too!

Despite what some people say, I for one love minecraft! I remember running up to the library with my friends at the end of the day in middle school to play minecraft till our parents came to pick us up. On the weekends we'd play together, modding our worlds and just having a great time building, griefing, and just having a bundle of fun. It's honestly really bittersweet to see one of my admittingly favorite games of all time make an appearance here, and I feel like it shouldn't be surprising considering Minecraft's magnitude. I understand the disappointment of some, but I for one feel truly honored that the greatest, best selling and most influential game of all time gets to be apart of what I consider to be the greatest fighting game crossover ever made.

So, as someone who admittingly doubted for months that this would happen, I truly congratulate you guys, and can't wait to experience the minecraft crew for myself in Smash! I know I'm late to the hype train, but I'd be happy if I could make a last minute boarding call! Looking forward to seeing what this character is all about on Saturday!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Late Congratz, but glad for the ones that are happy for Steve and minecraft in smash.

I don't know personally how I'll like the character, but I'm glad Alex is there, and when I play I'll definitely be using her default and blonde hair alt.
The mechanics look dope, so I wonder what's possible with it.

Have fun once they finally drop :)

Jonathan Motes

Smash Rookie
Didn't think I'd be revisiting this place today.

Congratulations to all the Steve fans out there. I'm thrilled to finally see him here in Smash. :bee:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm very down for this dude getting in the game now all of a sudden. Never played Minecraft in my life but now that the trolls are done with the crappy memes I feel like I see that there's a lot of genuine love for Steve and he seems like he could be pretty cool. With the current run of DLC hitting lots of different types of games and fan demographics I think Steve would be a good fit.
Remembered this post I made from over a year ago. Congrats to all the Steve fans out there, the character looks super interesting to play and I was pleasantly surprised by the music!

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
What alt will everyone be using?
Default Steve for me.
As janky as it looks, I'll probably be rocking the Enderman. It's my favorite mob in the game, so it's pretty cool seeing it playable, despite the funny disproportionate size lol. But I'll definitely switch over to some of the Steve ones from time to time

Last edited:
Top Bottom