• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like how well Steve is represented in game, there's no attempts to change or adapt him, just the original animations from Minecraft, even in the render here he just stands there, not posing at all.

Also correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't those skins from the console edition edition of Minecraft?
Yes. My first experience with the game was on PS4.
Edit: random, but I can't wait to see the music he'll get apart from the one (two?) tracks we heard. Almost all will have to be remixes since MC music is pretty chill. I can't wait to see what the spirits will be like as well!

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Some are already saying that steve just doesn't feels right in Smash Ultimate. Both looks and movement. Also, Steve is more with Microsoft at the end of the trailer, so Indie characters are still running.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've never played Minecraft as it's not my cup of tea game personally, but I'm excited! Character looks very unique, stage looks cool, and it'd be silly to deny the worldwide presence and fans that Minecraft has. I'm happy for all of you guys!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I could be wrong, but in the trailer I think I saw Alex use the minecart to drag DK offstage, kind of like the animal crossing bus assist trophy? It looked like she produced it and not the stage. If that's true, that'll be one heck of an edgeguarding tool.

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet
Tbh, Steve was my most wanted to rep 2010 era of gaming, but I felt like he was gonna be a Mii costume.

Glad Sakurai was able to break my expectations, I'm maining him day one!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft's really came a long way, congrats on getting your character! It's pretty trippy but cool to see Steve and the Minecraft content in Smash alongside with Mario, Ryu, Pac-Man, and other gaming icons. I'm looking forward to seeing how busted Steve's going to be, he kind of does already but we'll just have to wait and see in 2 days. Either way Steve was a good choice for DLC.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
guys, guys, GUYS

Ledgetrapping with blocks.

Craft better weapons including a diamond sword.

Strong fair and dair, (anvil probably spikes early hit) not to mention his dsmash will probably spill lava if he's at the ledge.

Healing (probably).

Tether grab with fishing pole.

Minecart can be a movement option or an edgeguarding tool.

Can trap his opponents in a house (probably).

And the best winning animation in the game.

This character's gonna be so busted. High tier, calling it now.
(I'm probably going to be a default Steve main btw).

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
If Steve does make it in for this Fighters Pass, the music selection from the Battle mode would be perfect. Glide's music is too calming, and Tumble's music is absolutely horrible.

My two favorites are Industrial Quarter (Ruin/Invasion), and Clockwork Crafter (Shipyard), but there's a lot of other good ones
This really needs to happen, especially since we have console skins as alts.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I'm just dropping by from the KOS-MOS support thread to congratulate you folks! I myself am indifferent to minecraft, but I can't ignore it's legacy/iconography and popular game status. But more importantly, now the infighting between steve and Banjo is no more! so it's the best of both worlds and that alone is enough to make me happy :)

Last edited:

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
I am a lurker but have fun with Steve in smash. His model fits in the game better than I thought it would. I think that Steve should also be a custom character(though there is more Minecraft characters as skins) and there is more use of Minecraft content in other parts of the game(I liked the idea of a Minecraft stage in smash).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I see a lot of people pissed over Steve's inclusion. I hope that wears off over time, I'd hate Steve to be known as the character that everyone hates, but then again, we have characters like Byleth and Corrin who also hold that title.
I think it'll be fine; the haters are loud, but are easily outnumbered. The announcements are popular, and have way more likes than dislikes on youtube. Most people seem to either like/love the inclusion or are indifferent, and thankfully some who dislike him aren't being obnoxious about it.

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Congrats Minecraft fans. I've never been into the game and didn't see the appeal of the character, but the trailer immediately made it apparent how Steve has his own kind of charm and comedy potential. Moveset seems really creative (fitting) and just plain fun to play around with.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
HUGE HUGE HUGE congrats!! I'm honestly stunned, I didn't see this coming at all and I love how hilariously fan-modded it feels in the best way. It's so crazy to have such a huge franchise in Smash, and I love that Alex is being co-promoted and that Enderman and Zombie are fun alt skins. Can't wait for Saturday. Congrats to the Steve supporters - talk about playing the long game!

D

Deleted member

I see a lot of people pissed over Steve's inclusion. I hope that wears off over time, I'd hate Steve to be known as the character that everyone hates, but then again, we have characters like Byleth and Corrin who also hold that title.
From what I've seen most people seem to like it. This isn't another Byleth where half of the people hate them, but the other half loves them. The people that like Steve in smash far outweigh the ones who are pissed off for who-knows-what-reason.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
From what I've seen most people seem to like it. This isn't another Byleth where half of the people hate them, but the other half loves them. The people that like Steve in smash far outweigh the ones who are pissed off for who-knows-what-reason.
The hate will be gone eventually. It's funny to see people actually angry about his inclusion, Minecraft is the best selling game of all time, is probably the most popular game of all time apart from anything Nintendo, and it was part of the childhoods of a whole generation of young gamers. He was bound to get in at some point, even if it wouldn't be Ultimate. It's quite literally a game everyone knows about, it's like the Wii Sports of indie games. Haters gonna hate, but if they're anything like the Byleth haters, it'll die down once they realize they're actually a really cool and unique character. If not, well then I don't know what to say if they're still mad about a character days after thier release.
If hate doesn't serve a purpose, chances are it won't be around for very long.

D

Deleted member

I am really happy with Steve for Smash.

Thank you everyone for being amazing.

I am completely satisfied with Ultimate's DLC now. Steve and Phoenix Wright were my most wanted characters. Steve was my most wanted for a year or so.

I just want to play him now. He sounds like my type of character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom