• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

soap

Smash Hero
Soooo, whos comin for melee?

KB? Parma guys?

i wanna come to this, but i don't really enjoy brawl all that much.

King~

Smash Champion
everytime it supposed to be melee and brawl, but when it comes up its usually just brawl cause we end up with only one person for melee unfourtanately.

first one(just flip)
second one(just slarti)

most of us will play melee friendlies, but no one ever wants to do tourney(lazy *******s) i think imma force some sort of second tourney tommrow

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't know how you're going to fit two tourneys in like 6-8 hours of playtime. Most people will probably leave once Brawl singles is over with if it goes on for like five hours (assuming registration starts at 4 and the actual tourney starts at 5). You'd have to start Brawl at like 4 if you wanted to fit in a second tourney assuming we get the 20 people you're expecting/seeing that are coming.

If it's Melee, I would always expect low attendance for, but that's just me.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Brawl+ with me King Beef? :D (I'm not that great in Melee, I main Falco but, I can't really compete as well as I should if I practiced it and played it more often).
Sure I'll play a bit of everything. ^.^

@ ithrowthings- I wanted to ask you before a decision was made, but would it be ok for my buddy Feiy to join us? I believe you met him at the Escape tourney as well. It's all your call.

soap

Smash Hero
i don't care about doing small tournies, if there is a low turnout with not alot of comp its not that fun anyways.

friendlies all dai

Framerate

Smash Lord
Eddie, I hope to god you guys can bring Lexis! It's been forever since we played. You guys have to play brawl with me.

King~

Smash Champion
no u

btw, I might not be able to come, again. I'm gonna go cry now
no ur comin to a tourney altrox..........better be this one........or else..............

no but seriously, put foward that good ole college effort, u havent been to one yet

@bead: were usually playing friendlies till the tournament starts, and then after a few rounds we go back to playing friendles

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Uhh I just took a .gif of Geno I had, uploaded it to my photobucket, then put text in front of the image code. That's it. I pretty much got the idea from Framerate's sig.
Thanks, man :bee:
Also.. if this is still April 13 (Monday) CRUNCH and I cant come.. still in high school ftl :ohwell:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
no ur comin to a tourney altrox..........better be this one........or else..............

no but seriously, put foward that good ole college effort, u havent been to one yet
My efforts have failed. At first, we had 6 coming, including myself. But one guy can't make it because his parents think you'll turn out to be a serial killer who cuts his victims into little pieces before burrying them (no offense >__>) another guy decided he'd rather play DnD today (I like DnD too, but still...) Now we're down to four. and our driver will only go if his friend goes, and if not...
The last guy hasn't even asked his parents even though I've given him 2 weeks notice. Really, I can't drive by myself yet (even if I could, the parental units wouldn't let me) and they don't want me going by myself.
So... I'll know in an hour or two

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm back early so I'll post some shoutouts:

Soap- Thanks for the ride and the food, man. You really had me covered today, so I'll return the favor next time we hang out.

Soap's sista- You're hilarious, come with your brother whenever we hang out, I had a good time. ^.^

King Yoshi- Thanks for hosting, you're a friendly guy and I'm sure we'll be seeing each other more at other tournies. Can't wait for Genesis!

Falco400- You're a cool dude, and it's great that you live so close. Let's hang out whenever and get some friendlies going.

Tim- Thanks so much for spotting me on the entry fee, I got you covered on the next one for sure. Nice Jiggs, just be careful of forcing so many OoS aerials. We need to hang out dammit.

Argent- Well...what can I say, I sub Lucario and main Peach; I know the matchup, but you played well and took me out. Those were fun games, I john a lot during Brawl matches but in reality I have a lot of fun with the game. Hope to see you again. XD

ithrowthings- Lol, getting timed out twice by a Sonic is like a kick in the balls, but hey you played it smart so no johns from me bro. Next time I'll go Pika and see where that takes me. In any case, even though that can be frustrating, I had fun and it was cool seeing you again after like...a year. I'll see you at another tourney somewhere.

Everyone else I played/talked to- You all made this good ol' fashion basement tourney fun to be at. Good **** everybody. :laugh:

Bead

Smash Ace
for my first tourney it was fun and ill definitly be going to more, my other smash junkie friend couldnt make it due to work but next time im bringing him fo sho

Revven

FrankerZ
Falco400- You're a cool dude, and it's great that you live so close. Let's hang out whenever and get some friendlies going.
Hey man whenever you're available just PM me. I'm usually good for weekends so, just PM me or something and maybe we can get something going.

my falcon got 4 stocked in brawl+, wtf......
Just gotta learn the differences between Melee Falcon and Brawl+ Falcon. Brawl+ Falcon has a much harder time coming back to the stage than Melee Falcon and he doesn't do as well against shorter characters. Raptor Boost is good again and Dthrow > knee works again too, Dair is awesome too. Just gotta learn how to play him, I'm sure you could, you'd just need more time with him haha.

Again, I'd like to stress King Yoshi, next time we gotta have a Brawl+ side tourney, seriously. Let people play it while the Brawl tourney is going on and it's good.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Help: Missing Controller And Wiimote

Hey, all... I came out of King Yoshi's tonight with one less Wiimote and platinum Gamecube controller... My Wiimote has Energizer rechargeable batteries in it... My controller was sitting on the unused TV in the corner... The only defining features I can think of are the nicks on the handles and I think a weak rumble... If anyone left with an extra Wiimote or controller, please let me know...

King Yoshi - You're a good host... Thanks again for helping me look for my missing stuff...

BYAA! - Been looking forward to playing ya... I got to face ya twice in the tourney... I definitely improved since the last time we battled... Had I taken the grand finals a little more seriously, I might have won another game or taken it to set two...maybe... I'm getting better anyway...

King Beef - You've never heard anyone john like me when I'm on a losing streak... :/

ITT - I was wondering when one of our games would go to time... You are way too defensive against me! Learn to approach! I won't ask about the dairs this time... I got a direct answer from ya finally... I'm almost glad Jokey beat me in the Falcon tourney... I would have had to face you next... That's probably a 3-stock for ya right there... :p

Jokey - There aren't a lot of good Lucarios... I know my matchup against ROB pretty well... Perhaps I should claim to be the best Lucario in the state? *waits for Fizzle's rebuttal*

Falco400 - Force me to try Brawl+ next weekend... I won't try it if you don't... :p

Bead - You go to Kent Geauga, right? That's not too far from where I live I think... Let me know if you're interested in joining us at my apartment for Thursday night Smashfests...

I had a fun time... Grats to all who won... Again, please let me know if you've seen my stuff... Thanks, all!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
GGS all fun tourney. Kinda depressing that Jess got first again and I got 3rd again. gotta stop with the same placings...

Argent - GGS, I swear I can't approach your freaking lucario. I'll ask Shugo if he knows any approaches I don't know about cause I only approach like 5 different ways. I'll keep you updated if any of your stuff shows up in my car it tends to eat things.... (Yoshi's phone)

Falco400 - We finally got to fight each other. Very close freakin set man. That DK is so good. Sorry about kinda making you leave the tourney a bit early, I felt bad about that but It saved me a lot of time and gas. I'll keep you updated on future tourneys. I'm pretty sure I can get you a ride to MWC East on April 11th

King Beef - I always feel so bad taking games to time. I still can't believe our game went to time AND %. I haven't even heard about that happening anywhere. When peach goes into that floaty thing I really don't have too many options at that point. It was nice to get to see how we've both improved after such a long time.

King Yoshi - Nice tourney like always, sorry I fooled you guys into the all falcon tournament. I'll keep in touch with you about the upcoming tournies

Soujan ? - Sorry If I spelled it wrong. We only got to play each other in doubles. I wish we coulda got more friendlies in. I need Marth experience and most people could use Sonic experience.

Jokey - We didn't have to play each other! yay! Nice falcon dittos, always fun times.

Framerate - We probly shoulda done doubles we'll do doubles sometime eventually.

Everyone! Northeast ohio should go to MWC in springfield on the 11th. We should take like 2-3 cars down there. Post in the Springfield touranment forum.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I asked everyone... No one seems to have my stuff... They gotta be there at your house somewhere, King Yoshi... Could they have perhaps slipped into a box by the bed or in the corner by that TV?

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
SOAP YOU WERE THERE? WTF!?! Why couldn't you have come last time when I was there and no other melee people went? XD

I didn't go because I already had minor plans with my friends and didn't think any melee people would show up...

But I would have tried to go if I knew soap would be there XD. I should have read the thread the day before XD.

nice avatar soap.

EDIT: KB as well? Shoot, I need to make the next one.

soap

Smash Hero
ya, bad timing i guess. I played a little brawl and brawl+ it was pretty fun.

And KB was there to play some melee with me. He is beast in both games.

King~

Smash Champion
Ok so im holding the next one of these on the 25th or 26th if neccsary(neccasry means no less than 5 extra people can show up)

BRING TVs!!!!!!!!!!!

Side Note1: We did three tournies last time, hopefully we can have a repeat

Side Note2: I really dont wanna enter anything, so i wont unless theres less than 10 people.

EDIT: This may also Be PK Fire's last tourney in Ohio as he is going back to Texas te beginning of May.

lets see intrest people.

Top Bottom