• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

Revven

FrankerZ
Brawl+ hype for this weekend, looking forward to more fun KY with B+ haha. Speaking of which, I need to send you the latest set when it's closer to this so you're up to date, haha.

Anyone else that wants their Wii Twilight Hacked I'll do it for ya when I'm there, I'll be bringing my Wii with Twilight Princess and all the necessities to install it. Make sure to have an SD Card with you so I can give you the applications in order to utilize the HBC in general (as it loads things from the SD Card). If not, it's cool, I can give you the stuff over the internet after the tourney.

King~

Smash Champion
i try but melee people never come, or rather theres like only one melee person, but most of us will sit down and play friendlies

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Ugh, I hate to the guy to ask, but does this really go to 1 am? i personally don`t mind, but I only have a drivers permit, and I don't know if the guys with me would wanna stay that long, and our driver might not wanna either. no sure if their parents would like it either. What time woult the standard tourney end?

Revven

FrankerZ
Ugh, I hate to the guy to ask, but does this really go to 1 am? i personally don`t mind, but I only have a drivers permit, and I don't know if the guys with me would wanna stay that long, and our driver might not wanna either. no sure if their parents would like it either. What time woult the standard tourney end?
The tourney likely won't go on for that long. I'll bet you that KY won't even start the tourney until 3 PM anyway and have some friendlies going early on and the tourney could finish at like 9 or 10 and some more friendlies can happen at that point (that's assuming there's no Melee). He just has that there for anyone who wants to stay, so it's info for how long they can stay and stuff. Doesn't mean the tourney will last that long.

Stop coming up with excuses Altrox. :laugh:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The tourney likely won't go on for that long. I'll bet you that KY won't even start the tourney until 3 PM anyway and have some friendlies going early on and the tourney could finish at like 9 or 10 and some more friendlies can happen at that point (that's assuming there's no Melee). He just has that there for anyone who wants to stay, so it's info for how long they can stay and stuff. Doesn't mean the tourney will last that long.

Stop coming up with excuses Altrox. :laugh:
Don't even joke like that :(
It always kills me that i've been here for 8 months without luck

King~

Smash Champion
usually it ends between 10-11

cause no one ever wants to run another tourney after singles finish.

tourney usually starts around 5 baecause people are lazy about getting here but i make sure there are constantly matches going on.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I guess I'm gonna have to try Brawl+ this time since I missed my last opportunity... :p

And, yeah, I'm almost certain now I'll be bringing a TV... Could probably also bring a Wii if it's needed I guess...

jokey665

Smash Ace
usually it ends between 10-11

cause no one ever wants to run another tourney after singles finish.

tourney usually starts around 5 baecause people are lazy about getting here but i make sure there are constantly matches going on.
I'd always be up for doubles after singles if other people wanted to do it.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Annoyed so much. My friends might bail to go to a chess tournament. SO NOT COOL!!!

and how much moneyz we bring?

King~

Smash Champion
i say between 10-15 to be safe(5 for singles, the rest for food/other tourney)

Tell your friends to get it together, and that they havent been to a tourney yet.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
i say between 10-15 to be safe(5 for singles, the rest for food/other tourney)

Tell your friends to get it together, and that they havent been to a tourney yet.
no doubles?
that's another thing that bothers me. We've never gone to a tourney, and I doubt most of us have awesome skills, and a few of the guys don't even own Brawl. But hopefully we'll come. and some of the guys rock at melee.
But no norfair? :(

King~

Smash Champion
doubles depends on what people wanna do after singles i usally ask when singles start winding down.

ill consider adding norfair back

King~

Smash Champion
when is the next tourney, i live only 15 mins away and im kinda sad that nobody will play me at kent G
this weekend, the next one wont be till next month sometime

only 15?? u can come smash anytime if you want though im always up for it.

if ur talking kent main campuses Argentstew and PKFire live up there and play on thursdays

Bead

Smash Ace
wait when this weekend, theres a anime convention at bowling green and thers some tourney there on sat, kent geauga in burton, what building do they play at, ive been trying to get ahold of ppl through facebook to see where ppl meet for smash, i know theres a buncha ppl that play in the student union in akron everyday

jokey665

Smash Ace
wait when this weekend, theres a anime convention at bowling green and thers some tourney there on sat, kent geauga in burton, what building do they play at, ive been trying to get ahold of ppl through facebook to see where ppl meet for smash, i know theres a buncha ppl that play in the student union in akron everyday
Animarathon? So not worth it. I went a few years ago and it was awful. They had a melee tourney then too, which was also awful (it was an FFA tourney... -_-) I doubt it's gotten much better.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
when is the next tourney, i live only 15 mins away and im kinda sad that nobody will play me at kent G
There's G$hbeeb and argentstew and pkfire. Like yoshi said, they meet up on thursday nights and play. I think they're trying to be more active.

U comin to this? U gotta come to this. I'll give you a ride to this. I'm already providing rides to this for

BYAA!
King Beef
Falco400
Ridlr
Zareidriel
and maybe even more

The convention is gonna suck. Just like jokey said. I've been to or had my friends go to almost every convention's brawl tourneys. If you're looking for absolutely no competition or fun then feel free but trust me, convention tourneys 9/10 times are garbage.

The people that play at akron are mostly scrubs. Some friends and I started that whole phase with melee down there a couple years ago but after my wii got stolen from the game room most of the good brawl players left and it hasn't been the same ever since.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I'm coming to this.

Also, the convention is awesome if you want to watch anime. Not so much if you want to play brawl.

Play brawl :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Is there any way to change my username on this site?
King Beef is a little outdated and I'd rather be called KB here too. ^.^;

jokey665

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this.

Also, the convention is awesome if you want to watch anime. Not so much if you want to play brawl.

Play brawl :)
So you aren't going back to school till Sunday? Good. And you've been to Animarathon?

Is there any way to change my username on this site?
King Beef is a little outdated and I'd rather be called KB here too. ^.^;
Good question. I'd like to capitalize the first letter of my name if it's possible.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
norfair = awesome
Fixed... :p

I can confirm that I will be bringing a TV and Wii for tomorrow... :)

itt, they made me play counterpicks and smash balls last night... I have no idea why but Warioware and 75m got in there too...somehow... You and your job interviews or whatever you were doing... :p

Bead, we play at my apartment every Thursday night... It's usually me, PK Fire/shadowswithin, Magil, Monk7, and sometimes itt... I live about 15 minutes from the Kent campus... You're welcome to join us... Drop me a message if you're interested...

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to come to this.. wish I had seen it sooner. I'll talk to CRUNCH about it, hopefully I dont have any college visits or anything that day :O

Edit: also, Jokey665, I came my pants when I saw your sig... if it's not too big a trouble could you tell me how to get something like that in my sig?

King~

Smash Champion
Fixed... :p

I can confirm that I will be bringing a TV and Wii for tomorrow... :)

itt, they made me play counterpicks and smash balls last night... I have no idea why but Warioware and 75m got in there too...somehow... You and your job interviews or whatever you were doing... :p

Bead, we play at my apartment every Thursday night... It's usually me, PK Fire/shadowswithin, Magil, Monk7, and sometimes itt... I live about 15 minutes from the Kent campus... You're welcome to join us... Drop me a message if you're interested...
Nice are u guy bringing Monk and magil aswell???

I'd like to come to this.. wish I had seen it sooner. I'll talk to CRUNCH about it, hopefully I dont have any college visits or anything that day :O

Edit: also, Jokey665, I came my pants when I saw your sig... if it's not too big a trouble could you tell me how to get something like that in my sig?
Nice, hope you can make it out

so it seems we have possibly three tvs with two guranteed.

and lets see attendess list:(? means possiblity)

King Yoshi
ITT
Byaa!!!
Ridlr?
Zariedrial?
Blue Rogue?
Argent stew
PK Fire
Jokey
Framerate
DLW
Suyon?
Moose?
Crunch?
Bead?
GshBeeb?
King Beef?
Falco400?
Jokeys friend?
The Altrox?
Altrox friend?
Altrox friend?
Altrox friend?

so 23 maybe more, maybe less

hopefully we get atleast three and then one more hopefully

jokey665

Smash Ace
Jokeys friend?
Yeah you can forget about that one, he's decided against coming.

Uhh I just took a .gif of Geno I had, uploaded it to my photobucket, then put text in front of the image code. That's it. I pretty much got the idea from Framerate's sig.

Revven

FrankerZ
Falco400?
I'm quite sure I'm going to this, unless ITT suddenly changed his mind last second and can't pick me up. We've pretty much arranged a good time to pick me up and stuff so, I should be showing up just in time for the tourney.

Just like at TYM, I'll have a setup for Brawl+ so if anyone wants to play that before the tourney starts, we can go right into that.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
This starts at 5 right? Ridlr is coming zareidriel probably isn't. I hope bluerogue gets back to me. I'm probably bringing a TV

King~

Smash Champion
i would like to start at 4:30 but some how ur car never arrives till 5 <.<

i asked Blue rogue earlier today, he said he was trying to come

Finns7

Smash Ace
If anyone can pick me up I would GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgreatly apreciate it, Im in Youngstown Ohio and I would help with gas or w/e.

I have brawl plus setups also.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah please someone get Finnz to come to this, he has an awesome Link for Brawl and it'd be really cool to play him in Brawl+.

PLEASE give him a ride! :D

Top Bottom