• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY H: Cancelled because these are polluting my basement. See thread for detail

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE..i ***** peterx today. i like 4 stocked him today, dont even ask LOOOOOL.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
After I lost to Ryan I went Roy. I was trying not to >_> but bleh. I beat Omni with Roy. I ended up losing to Kyle with Yoshi and Bowser after beating him with Roy.

idea

Smash Master
u should list low tier character choices.

im super curious.
mostly game and watch, occasionally pikachu dittos

Looks like everyone had fun. Especially Eric.

Eric came 1st in low tier.

No offense but that will sound weird to me till the end of time.
what can i say...he has a better pikachu than me. =P our last two matches were pikachu dittos. game and watch was getting upsmashed and stuff. in hindsight i probably should have tried him again. (and ryan forfeited)

if pikachu's still in next time, i say we unban link, dk and maybe zelda. luigi still seems a bit too good, though. oh, and stos is not allowed to go link. that's just not fair.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
zelda wasn't banned, grmo thought about it but then we remembered she sucks.

eric won low tier because after i beat him 3 - 0 in winner's finals (3-stocked game 1, second game was close, third game i 3-stocked him again because he picked a dumb level), mikey, ryan, and i had to leave because my mom came to pick us up.

edit 2: stos can go link lolz. the secret to beating stos's link is to walk around and wait for him to get antsy and up+b out of shield or shield-grab and then punish him with moves that do damage.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah thats why my Link is soo bad =(
LOL i get impatient and just up b oos..
also i need to stop over complicating ****.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
constantly jumping and doing moves with more range than his nair is also pretty good against stos. link only has like 5 moves anyways, and two of them are projectiles lolz.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
ryan posting:

not to sound cocky or anything, but here are the johns list. If something was on the line (rep, money, etc) then what I would've done differently to most likely win the events:

- crew battle, I would've used fox, and probably won it, but it's boring to try that hard, and clean up after the other players. It shouldn't be my job every time to take like 7+ stocks.

- low tier, because link/luigi/DK are all banned, it is obvious that pikachu is too good comparatively to those that were remaining. I would've just played him/roy/YL and won the whole thing. Honestly though, low tier is so boring. The characters feel......half *****, if you know what I mean.

anyways, that was shorter than I thought.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I always feel bad losing to Ryan :(

Not only because I've lost a 2v1 with him against me and his controller but also because he never feels like trying.

I also don't think Pikachu is too good in low tier without Luigi and Link (DK is mid anyways lolz) but I don't know anything about bad characters lolz I just pick someone with a ranged Fair and spam it and see if it combos into more Fair or other inferior non-Fair moves.

edit: Crew battles are stupid. Local crew battles suck, trying to get everyone involved is dumb, you can all hate on me for saying this but they're usually organized badly (not this one, but previous ones have had some massive logic failure) and they'd probably be more fun if we didn't try to use every single person in the venue. Watching two terrible people (not naming names) play is boring, it just comes down to whoever makes more dumb mistakes, and I don't play during most of it, which makes it boring. I'd rather play. If possible, I'd like to not participate in them in the future.

Santana

Smash Apprentice

Not only because I've lost a 2v1 with him against me and his controller but also because he never feels like trying.

I also don't think Pikachu is too good in low tier without Luigi and Link (DK is mid anyways lolz) but I don't know anything about bad characters lolz I just pick someone with a ranged Fair and spam it and see if it combos into more Fair or other inferior non-Fair moves.

edit: Crew battles are stupid. Local crew battles suck, trying to get everyone involved is dumb, you can all hate on me for saying this but they're usually organized badly (not this one, but previous ones have had some massive logic failure) and they'd probably be more fun if we didn't try to use every single person in the venue. Watching two terrible people (not naming names) play is boring, it just comes down to whoever makes more dumb mistakes, and I don't play during most of it, which makes it boring. I'd rather play. If possible, I'd like to not participate in them in the future.
Well... if anything that would make the teams more balanced because now you can just put Bernard on one team and Ryan without all the screaming about who gets the advantage of David.

Not that I don't want you to play David, you should still consider crews. I'm over-exaggerating the imbalance, and looking at the glass half full.

And personally, I do enjoy crews. Probably because I don't see nearly as much mistakes as the better players. Afro's crews were very entertaining, especially with the commentary. EDIT: and Peterx

Santana

Smash Apprentice
- crew battle, I would've used fox, and probably won it, but it's boring to try that hard, and clean up after the other players. It shouldn't be my job every time to take like 7+ stocks..
I don't think you're looking at it the right way here, Ryan. Nobody expects you to take the 7 stocks, try your hardest or "clean up" because the crews are for entertainment; who wins isn't that important. I don't think anyone walked away thinking "Ryan failed our team, he should have chose Fox and took seven stocks." It was fun to watch, that's it.

Next time you can go first and everyone will rely on Peterx to clean up, hah :suess:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well... if anything that would make the teams more balanced because now you can just put Bernard on one team and Ryan without all the screaming about who gets the advantage of David.

Not that I don't want you to play David, you should still consider crews. I'm over-exaggerating the imbalance, and looking at the glass half full.

And personally, I do enjoy crews. Probably because I don't see nearly as much mistakes as the better players. Afro's crews were very entertaining, especially with the commentary. EDIT: and Peterx
If I'd known Ryan wasn't going to try to win, I wouldn't have participated from the get-go or I would have suggested completely different crews. I only really felt obligated to participate because Bernard wasn't there, and acting upon the assumption that Ryan was going to attempt to win, I was pretty sure regardless of who was on the other crew, they were completely and utterly screwed. So I participated so that we'd still lose, but by less.

Normally I don't want to participate in crews. I've told people this before. The only time I want to participate is when all our decent and good people are there because then it's much more fun. Bernard and Imadh notably weren't there, and we were missing a few others.

If you like crews, then good for you. I like them too. Just not local crews without our good people and with 13 people per team, where people haven't picked to win, and where we have a bunch of bad players fighting one another and it boils down not to who's better or smarter but just who gets d-smashed too many times by Peach or who gets b-thrown by Jiggs / Sheik etc. How our bad players do against each other and the initial crew imbalance largely determines how many stocks the good people have to take at the end, and it sucks, especially since the first few rounds are mostly a big wait to see who's in debt and it's usually obvious who's going to be.

edit

Ryan has every right to sound cocky, he very often wins crew battles at the end with his Fox / Falco / Pichu / Mario / Doc / Falcon and undisputedly has the best low tiers out of the active players by a good margin. If he wanted to win and play gay he would. But it wasn't for money, cut him some slack. I'm pretty bipolar with how I feel about gayness in smash, so I'd like it people didn't bring up my opinions of gayness, but undeniably it is a touchy subject, so if he doesn't want to play gay in a friendly tournament, I don't see why anyone should hold it against him. Julian doesn't like dash dance camping in friendlies, Imadh used to not chain grab, Adnan didn't camp turnip for the longest time against other floaties, etc.

I don't see any difference in them not playing gay in friendlies and him not wanting to play gay in a friendly tournament. Especially when it's pretty much known his low tiers are the best by a sh*tload. Friendlies are meant for practice. There's only so much you can practice gayness, and depending on your opponent's mistakes. When people realize this, they might get better. Maybe.

edit ~ 2

If Ryan really wanted to win crews, he very well could have taken out all of me without losing more than 1 stock (all he'd have to do is pick not Battlefield or FoD) and then remove all of Kyle (probably only losing 1 stock, regardless of level) and then all of Josh (possibly losing this round, 'cuz it's space animal vs space animal, and those are pretty random, but probably not).

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I'm going with what Grmo said. If people don't want to do crews, they should speak up so we can balance the teams accordingly. Whether it be through stocks or players, it will work. That just sounds fair to everyone else.

If you like crews, then good for you. I like them too. Just not local crews without our good people and with 13 people per team, where people haven't picked to win, and where we have a bunch of bad players fighting one another and it boils down not to who's better or smarter but just who gets d-smashed too many times by Peach or who gets b-thrown by Jiggs / Sheik etc.
As before, I don't see the glaring mistakes like the better players do. Even "bad player" crews are still pretty entertaining, so I'd participate. To each his own, and nobody should feel obligated or forced to participate in crews.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lolz

I know, Grmo and you are right, I'm just explaining myself. I don't hold liking crews against anyone or anything, they're just not my thing most of the time.

eeeeeeeeeeee

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants a particular match/set uploaded then let me know. I won't upload anything unless it's requested by someone, including crews. I don't mind uploading stuff, but I'm not going to upload every ho-hum friendly that nobody cares about. Also please let me know what stages (and characters) were played in the set if you remember, it makes things so much easier for me.

idea

Smash Master
omni - how hard is it to take stuff off of youtube? cause i don't remember which of my recorded matches were interesting, and i can't think of any other way to check.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
omni - how hard is it to take stuff off of youtube? cause i don't remember which of my recorded matches were interesting, and i can't think of any other way to check.
He could send your matches to you, then you pick out the hawt ones, then you tell him to upload said hawt ones.

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Problem is that each match is pretty big (~90 MB) in its raw video format, so there's no easy way to send a lot of them to you online. I watched your recorded jigglypuff matches, mostly against Grmo, but didn't see any unusual or really crazy moments. *shrugs* The only really funny moment was when someone's (Mikey?) Ganon tried to warlock punch punish your missed rest, but missed because the wind pushed him too far away.

If you really want all your matches then we need to find a way to transfer those big files. It can't really be done with something simple like email or MSN.

idea

Smash Master
alright, for the moment don't worry about it, cause i agree, i don't think anything too great was recorded that day. but can i ask you to bring your laptop to some future event so i can check through some of them? (and we could probably use it for recording again at that point =P)

worldjem7

Smash Ace
If anyone wants a particular match/set uploaded then let me know. I won't upload anything unless it's requested by someone, including crews. I don't mind uploading stuff, but I'm not going to upload every ho-hum friendly that nobody cares about. Also please let me know what stages (and characters) were played in the set if you remember, it makes things so much easier for me.
I'd like to see my 2 games in the crew battle.

Me: Marth vs Nightmare: Jiggs
Me: Marth vs Europhoria: Marth

If someone doesn't want these up then you can send them to me.

I'll PM you my email.

unknown522

Some guy
^^^ There was drama?

lol, controller isn't a valid john.
can you send/put up anything involving me in it? Singles, crews, low-tiers.

idea

Smash Master
how is controller not a valid john X_X

in smash 64, i usually can't dash dance with the old controllers. when i played it on someone's wii with a gc controller i could dash dance easily.

Top Bottom