• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Sion

Island of Horizon
lol that's my Ace up my sleeve. Question did you tink I was doing a roach all in? I was hoping you were thinking I was >.>.
i was preparing for roaches, yeah. but then i realized you had an expo somewhere cause the timing was off LOLO

and before i knew it

MUTAS

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I'm just saying I want to experience more build variety... not 4gate/ Void ray rush/ 2 base colossus every game.
A good rush build, a good tech build, a good expansion build, ummm

You do realize if a build is good your going to see it alot right (assuming your playing good people)? If thats the case your issue is with the game itself and not the players

Zone

Smash Champion
A good rush build, a good tech build, a good expansion build, ummm

You do realize if a build is good your going to see it alot right (assuming your playing good people)? If thats the case your issue is with the game itself and not the players
Hmm, I like the voidray build better as an expansion build. Forge FE into voidray, but anyways.

It's not with the game itself.

I myself am guilty of not trying out my own new stuff "sometimes", and also following GSL trends a bit. But we're not gonna figure out how to beat a colossus ball by crying that corruptors are too weak, or that they kill my marines too easily. well god forbid colossus kill what they were ment to kill, Marines. I'd like to think colossus will have a harder time dealing it's "Sick DPS" against a spread out mech army.

alot of angles people aren't trying to do.

How come I don't see enough people trying to flank as "TERRAN BIO" It works for zerg, it can work for Terran as well. the Protoss is not gonna have fun trying to FF 360degrees around his army. they are satisfied with their ball of units and A+click into focus fire. I've seen some crazy marine spreads against banelings. Is that impossible to do against colossus also? (serious question, cuz I cannot micro marines like that for crap.)

people do copy GSL, Maybe not everyone. But alot of people do. not that it's necessarily bad for winning, but it's not so good for figuring things out that haven't been figured out.

for the record I'm diamond caliber player. So I fight against semi-ok people.

Octave

Smash Ace
Definitely.

The competitive play is VERY intimidating. But if you really just go into the game trying to have fun, you'll have a blast. Soak up losses and chaulk it up to experience. Just go into the game just having fun and doing what you want to do. And if you want to improve take things one step at a time. Learn your hotkeys. Learn shortcuts. Learn control groups. Learn how to macro. Learn the maps. And just go at it with an open mind and prepared to lose ALOT.

I've been getting back into the game for the past 3 weeks and I'm starting to see a lot of improvement in my game and it feels really good. But trust me. I had to go through a lot of losses that made me feel really well... bad. And it discouraged me from wanting to play cuz losing is discouraging. But once I stopped trying to just force it and played the game to have fun getting better just automatically came with it.
^

Omni couldn't have said it better.

You'll enjoy SC2, Octave.

Smooth Criminal
Hmm...

Looks like I'll be dropping another $50 soon ;)

edit: $30, found a random $20 walmart gift card. :bee:

Zone

Smash Champion
Nate I'll admit openings like what I listed are always gonna be limited. What I said there was dumb, my beef is really with lack of unit composition mixtures people don't wanna explore enough and some micro issues like the flanking mentioned above.

My brother uses ravens alot and has success with harassing with them and making me back off approaching his tanks with seeker missiles to buy him siege time, and his gay point defense drone. I see those alot in high level play, not so much of what else the raven can do. That is just one example.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm going to start building my standard TvP gameplan around battlecruisers. Ankoku want to help me? :p

I have a diamond level protoss as well, so I can offer some decent opposition while we practice. Although a pure toss main would probably be better.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, first you go standard MM, then either deny an expo or defend an attack and double expand, make a Factory, two Starports, and a Fusion Core

then mash B.

No, I'm not serious. I'll work out a build when I feel like it.

M@v

Subarashii!
Method I've had success with is open with 1 rax FE, do standard bio shenanigans. Early mid game go cloaked banshees to help you stay alive since banshees are pretty cost effective vs toss in their own right, keep the pressure on him with harassment, and transition directly into bcs. Once your on your 3rd/about to take your 3rd, crank 'dem bcs. Try to get a 4th too.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If GSL is supposed to be an indicator of top level play like a bunch of people claim, I'd conclude based on two sets that TvP is pretty imba. lolol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If GSL is supposed to be an indicator of top level play like a bunch of people claim, I'd conclude based on two sets that TvP is pretty imba. lolol
People used to say similar things about the puff/fox matchup back when mango and hbox were winning everything.

Results =/= balance

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was making a conclusion based on a grand total of two Bo5's :V

Hell, GSL January was more of an indicator of possible Terran overpoweredness than this ever will be.

The only thing I can say about the GSL WC is that I hope MarineKing loses and gets four silver medals.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I ever follow an SC2 tournament I make it a point to not look at TLnet or this thread until I'm done with all the VODs.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lol i remember someone asking to put the lil spoiler censors a while back and people actually did. guess people got tired of that tho. learned my lesson i did.

i only recently started to use gomtv (FINALLY). how soon are the uploads after they actually happen?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I just learned that an SCV can repair itself (as in, not other SCVs, itself). rofl

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Turn on auto-cast on the repair, then load it into a Bunker, Medivac, Command Center, or Planetary Fortress and watch the magic happen! They will also auto-repair any other mechanical units loaded with them, though they can't repair the thing they're loaded into.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya seriously spoilers the day the VODs were released

bad manner, pakman did it right

and i'm on WC time so all the odds are against me

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
My bad cynan
Ive actually been quite busy. Even if we did play I would probably play a subpar game since I havent been able to practice alot

Ill try and play soon but if the tourney has to continue I dont mind being DQ'd

Top Bottom