• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
In classic Blizzard fashion, Starcraft 2 might come out by 2011.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I feel like I'm going to be wearing depends by the time this comes out.

...not that I think I'll be really old by then, did you think I was making a joke? Pfft, I just like wearing them

Jane

Smash Hero
i'm ok with them delaying it for the 86th time because

a. the more time they take on it, the more perfect it'll be

b. the more time it's not released, that's more time i'm not compulsively playing it

c. i know the final product is gonna be more amazing than the second coming of jesus

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least Blizzard aren't like EA with their thinking everyone is a pirate.

Command and Conquer 4 will require people to be online at all times, whether they are playing single or multiplayer.

I've been getting hyped watching reading about the single player mode and the different things Raynor's raiders are getting that aren't going to be available in multiplayer...

Also the video on the custom maps...I was more impressed with the scrolling shooter game than the FPS, personally.

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
I'm so scared of starcraft 2. It might be awesome but SC is so perfect it's hard to imagine it being anything but worse than the original.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm with you on that. I seriously hope it won't be a letdown because I'd feel sorry for Blizzard

They're awesome

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm with you on that. I seriously hope it won't be a letdown because I'd feel sorry for Blizzard

They're awesome
Too bad Activision bought them. It's only a matter of time before you see a new Starcraft game being released every year and spin-offs of it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*GASP*

don't say such atrocities! blizzard would never do that with my starcraft! ):
Well, Activision is already doing a good job on milking and running the Guitar Hero and Call of Duty series into the ground.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i play toss
so the stalkers look sexy :p
also the charge thing with zeals will be fun O:
also blizzard wont change from the merger thingy
itll just have a slightly different name.
also last i heard the beta was set for 1st quarter of this year so hopefully within the next 2 months or so :/
is it possible for someone to "leak" the beta to the public?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@Frolossus:

Yup.

Blizzard: StarCraft II beta due this month

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/10/starcraft-ii-beta-due-this-month/
http://kotaku.com/5469024/starcraft-ii-closed-beta-launches-this-month

"Blizzard CEO Michael Morhaime just announced in an investor conference call that a beta of StarCraft II will be out this month! The game is currently on track for "mid-2010."

"The beta test will be conducted on a global scale," he said, specifying that the beta will operate in North America, Europe, Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand and Australia."

FINALLY! I was devastated when they lied last year about the SCII beta coming out.

EDIT: http://kotaku.com/5470266/some-good-news-and-bad-news-for-mac-users

"Which do you want first, Mac users? Bad news? OK, bad news first: the upcoming Starcraft II beta won't be gracing the Mac later this month. For now, it's PC only. Sorry."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
SCII beta specs (real):

http://kotaku.com/5473974/the-real-starcraft-ii-beta-system-requirements-have-arrived

PC Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
SCII beta specs (real):

http://kotaku.com/5473974/the-real-starcraft-ii-beta-system-requirements-have-arrived

PC Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection
Awesome, my laptop can run it :D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I signed up under my mac so no beta for me. (at this time, they said they may allow macs into the beta at a future date)

I wish they told us "oh well we won't allow macs at this time for the beta" earlier instead of "oh you signed up under a mac? WELL TOO BAD! PCS ONLY LOLOLOLOLOL!!!"

I have a PC as well...

It sucks how Blizzard sold out to Activision.

Blizzard hates Macs.

shanus

Smash Hero
Blizzard normally loves macs. I got into the TFT beta on day 1 on my mac as well as other games, but no sc2 love. I would have used boot camp and submitted my specs there if they had told us earlier......

WTB SC2 :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Blizzard normally loves macs. I got into the TFT beta on day 1 on my mac as well as other games, but no sc2 love. I would have used boot camp and submitted my specs there if they had told us earlier......

WTB SC2 :(
I agree with you 100%. I was sitting here happily thinking to myself "well I might get into the SCII beta because I signed up under my mac and submitted my specs" but then Blizzard is like "LOL? You have a mac? Well we just decided to not allow them into the beta at this time. We should have told you earlier so people with both macs and pcs would sign up and get a chance into the beta, but no, we're a bunch of *******s"

I FEEL BETRAYED BY BLIZZARD!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
God, are all mac users this stupid?

This is a BETA. The reason there's no Mac portion yet is because they're still working to get it ready on a Mac. The game will be released on day 1 for Mac from retail. Blizard doesn't hate Macs, and is infact one of the very few that makes their games on Macs.

Yeesh.

Top Bottom