• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Yes, they have 150 hp in total now, including shields.

What I meant is that Zealots have always been the cost effective meat shield at the front line, and I don't get why they would give them lower HP after being at 160 since Starcraft I was released.
Well it isn't Starcraft 1 anymore so they need to change the values to accommodate for the changes in SC2. I didn't know there were such glaringly large balance issues already. I mean I think people need to play it more and discover more openings, unit combinations, strats, etc before they start yelling the nerf and buff hammer.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Blizzard 'hoping' for StarCraft 2 Mac beta client in April

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/14/blizzard-hoping-for-starcraft-2-mac-beta-client-in-april/

According to recent Twitter Q&A with the game's devs, the studio is "currently working on a Mac version of the beta and hope to release it sometime in April."

Unfortunately, it seems that if you didn't register many moons ago, you still might not be eligible for inclusion, as the developers also reveal that "We have no plans to make an open beta at this time."

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I registered like the day the beta option was available. Sadly, they do not care. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Can one of you fine gentlemen help a fellow in need with a beta key?

I'll be your friend :)

seldonbilly

Smash Rookie
Wow!! That's an interesting news for the Starcraft enthusiasts, it is a great relief that Starcraft II would be a multiplayer game. I have been a Starcraft fan ever since I played the first one. I just can't wait any more to start playing the game, but it seems like the game would take a little more time to be released. It would be interesting to see if the game stays up to the expectation of the gamers...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am a Protoss fiend. If anyone wants some of my sick replays, let me know.

I've received a couple extra keys, but real-life friends trump Internet strangers. Sorry, folks! :(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am TheBuzzSaw.thebuzzsaw if anyone else has the beta.

shanus

Smash Hero
Haha i gave someone access to the project M closed beta for a key, just played online first games last night!

shanus.tubbabubba
for anyone in beta, ranked 9th in 2v2 gold league (at least i was yesterday, probably like 30th today lol)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I reserved the collector's edition of Starcraft 2 from gamestop...

35 dollars down...about 70 or so dollars to go (Including tax...)

Frown

poekmon
When I was a kid, my friend and I used to make up ideas for completely overpowered units, and someone suggested a Zerg unit that would shoot free Zerglings. We pretty much got that.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
the problem with this is that it denies blizzard money from broad casted sc2 matches
and i dont think there will be as many pro gamers in korea for sc2 because so many will be underaged

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm assuming most of the things that increase the rating is from single player mode, since it shows use of alcohol, violence, and bad language.

It's not like pro gamers play story mode anyway so just don't release that in Korea, they'll never tell the difference

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Because it's not like they could just censor some of the violence or replace stuff like booze with "apple juice" for Korea's version

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Roaches, Marauders, and Immortals are ridiculous. These units either have to be heavily redesigned or removed all together.
I think they just need some balancing chances such as stat nerfs or maybe tier changes...

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I think they just need some balancing chances such as stat nerfs or maybe tier changes...
The balancing issues that these 3 units needs go WAY beyond simple stat or tier changes.

These units exist for the sole purpose of countering each other. Their specific stats have been nerfed to hell and currently Roaches and Marauders are just walking zealots with increased range and one has the most OP ability to slow other units down. If anything of these three units the got the immortal "kinda" right but it would be left better off removed because it makes mech play for T completely unviable.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Immortals aren't too overpowered. They are still T2 and relatively expensive if you put them up against low damage units.
Immortals counter every single unit the factory makes. Thus this forces the T players to stick with MMM balls all day with the occasional Viking which goes back to the original problem of this holy trinity of units.

They either have to remove them all or completely change those units purposes because all three of those units counter way to many things.

Top Bottom