• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Someone at blizzard said that people who are caught using the cracked beta will be permanently expelled.

:(

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Someone at blizzard said that people who are caught using the cracked beta will be permanently expelled.

:(
where does it say that?

@everyone
so far all the basic features of the game are unlocked, we are past login screen and have replays and some other in game menu buttons working. we are hindered with out a working beta account but we will do without. we have made allot of progress and we should have the Player Vs Comp done by today so that means you can start playing games vs comp. we just need to find maps. contact anyone with a beta account and as if you can dl or copy there maps to upload to us. help us help you
this is from somewhere so yeah crack today :3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
While I'm not sure where we'll stand on allowing discussion about cracked Starcraft 2 stuff, don't mention places where you can get it from.

shanus

Smash Hero
God, are all mac users this stupid?

This is a BETA. The reason there's no Mac portion yet is because they're still working to get it ready on a Mac. The game will be released on day 1 for Mac from retail. Blizard doesn't hate Macs, and is infact one of the very few that makes their games on Macs.

Yeesh.
Your entire post was wrong. For all other beta's run by Blizzard, mac beta was opened on the same day as PC beta (I know because I was one of the top ladders for TFT for a long time), so people enlisted for it have a reason for both surprise and dislike.

And, Blizzard has already mentioned on several occasions mac beta will be out at some point pre-retail.

So yeah, your entire post was wrong ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Your entire post was wrong. For all other beta's run by Blizzard, mac beta was opened on the same day as PC beta (I know because I was one of the top ladders for TFT for a long time), so people enlisted for it have a reason for both surprise and dislike.

And, Blizzard has already mentioned on several occasions mac beta will be out at some point pre-retail.

So yeah, your entire post was wrong ^_^
Oh really?

This is a BETA.
Oh, must be the retail game.

The reason there's no Mac portion yet is because they're still working to get it ready on a Mac.
Ah, so they're just not releasing the Mac part yet because they're just being ***** then.

The game will be released on day 1 for Mac from retail.
I guess when they said that's what they'd do, which has also been what they've done with their last few releases, that was them just lying again.

Blizard doesn't hate Macs, and is infact one of the very few that makes their games on Macs.
Seems they do hate Macs and their games never make it onto Macs.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: The next batch of SCII beta e-mails will be sent out on or before March 4th.

"Wave 2 for the beta is confirmed to be ON OR BEFORE MARCH 4TH! It will be to a large portion of Blizzcon beta holders as well as new OPT-INS"

Looking for a reputable source to back up this statement.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
People are reporting that they're receiving the next wave of SCII beta e-mails now. Most of 'em seem to be Blizzcon '08 attendees but a few opt-ins too.

Check your e-mails everyone!

*checks*

None.

SUPER SAD FACE!!!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Egads, what about those of us who opted in a million years ago? I hate newbie opt-in luck. >_<

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luck probably has little to do with it. Blizzard wants to get a really wide spread of hardware configurations playing the beta. If you've got a regular run-of-the-mill PC, (and didn't go to Blizzcon) then your chances are slim.

If you have a crazy powerful, cutting edge, requires it's own diesel generator, video card then perhaps you'll increase your odds.

shanus

Smash Hero
Luck probably has little to do with it. Blizzard wants to get a really wide spread of hardware configurations playing the beta. If you've got a regular run-of-the-mill PC, (and didn't go to Blizzcon) then your chances are slim.

If you have a crazy powerful, cutting edge, requires it's own diesel generator, video card then perhaps you'll increase your odds.
My Mac Pro and ****ty work dell laptop both are opted in, no dice yet :(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer

Actually, I figured it would be the reverse: weaker/older cards that barely make the cut to see whether they can handle the final release. As far as powerful cards go, I upgraded to an NVIDIA GTX 275. It's quite the powerhouse. It doesn't require a diesel generator, but it does require two 6-pin power connections. :D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The SCII beta will only last 3 months and a new patch is released.

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 1 (version 0.3.0.14093)

BALANCE CHANGES

TERRAN

Viking
The armor value for this unit in Fighter Mode has decreased from 1 to 0.
The damage done by this unit in Fighter Mode has changed from 6 (+8 armored) to 10 (+4 armored).
Reaper
The damage done from D-8 Charges has decreased from 40 to 30.
The delay between attacks for D-8 Charges has decreased from 2.5 to 1.8.
Orbital Command
The build time for this upgrade has decreased from 50 to 35.

PROTOSS

Observer
Gravitic Boosters: The cost of this research has decreased from 150 minerals and 150 vespene gas to 100 minerals and 100 vespene gas.
High Templar
Phase Shift: This ability has been removed from the game.
New ability: Feedback - Drains all energy from the target unit and causes damage equal to the amount of energy drained.
Colossus
The building pathing radius for this unit has decreased from .75 to .5625.
Mothership
Vortex: The energy cost of this ability has increased from 75 to 100.
Vortex: The target radius of this ability has decreased from 3.0 to 2.5.
Temporal Rift: This ability has been removed from the game.
Wormhole Transit: This ability has been removed from the game.
New ability: Mass Recall - Teleports all of the player's units in the target area to the Mothership.
Nexus
Chrono Boost can no longer target allies.
Gateway
The build time of this building has increased from 50 to 65.

ZERG

Infestor
Fungal Growth: The damage done by this ability has decreased from 48 to 36.
Fungal Growth: This ability now prevents affected units from burrowing.
Neural Parasite: Functionality changed - The Infestor now channels this spell, which lasts 10 seconds or until the Infestor is destroyed. You can now target all units with this ability.
Terran Infestation: The ability’s energy cost has reduced from 50 to 25 and Infested Terrans now spawn 1 at a time.

BUG FIXES

Addressed an issue causing people to receive an “Internal Battle.net Error” message with their game client.
Muting your microphone will no longer cause your microphone to be turned off in the operating system once the program has exited.

Please note that the voice chat functionality has only partially been implemented. There are many known issues with voice chat that we expect to address in a future patch.
The “Medium” graphical settings were reconfigured to work better on appropriate machines. The video settings “auto-detect” functionality has been reset as a result.

Added a frame rate limiter to the game menus to prevent some graphics cards from running at higher frame rates than necessary.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You mean like Warcraft 3?

EDIT: Dammit, what is it with everyone ninjaing me today? :c

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Starcraft 2 Beta's been cracked. Poor DRM never stood a chance. The game's only single player comp-stomp right now. But online servers are going to be made real soon play the devs say.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
@ ALTF4: I thought we're not allowed to post links/discuss this kind of stuff.
Discussion has always been fine. It's only linking that has been controversial. However, AltF4 is right here. Game sites everywhere are reporting the crack. It's not exactly top secret. Also, he's just pointing out that it indeed has been cracked. This is not some endorsement of cracking the game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sure, and pretend like nobody here know how to visit the front page of Digg, or use Google.
Calm down, I was only asking.

Discussion has always been fine. It's only linking that has been controversial. However, AltF4 is right here. Game sites everywhere are reporting the crack. It's not exactly top secret. Also, he's just pointing out that it indeed has been cracked. This is not some endorsement of cracking the game.
Gotcha.

Tomorrow is supposedly when Blizzard is going to send out more e-mails for the 3rd wave for the SCII beta.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
3rd wave is tomorrow?!!!!!
Yes, be sure to check your e-mail. (including the juke/spam folder as well)

I'm sure that Blizzard has gotten most of the invites out to it's Blizzcon 08 attendees already so it's finally time for us regular joes to finally be allowed access!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
However Alt's link contained step-by-step instructions on how to get it and make it work so I've removed it.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not endorsing cracking of the game? Of course I endorse cracking DRM. Hell, its my civic duty to break DRM and spread the word about others who have.

No links this time. Just go to Digg, click on the gaming tab, and select PC games. Look around.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I meant some SWF endorsement by leaving the link up. I know all about you and your position. :)

Still, it is nonsensical to ban the linking of sites that have links to cracks. It wasn't a link to the download, mic... >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It was saying what to download, links to download it from and how to get it all working.

I think if we need to discuss this more we should take it to the shack.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any lucky $#!& in the beta?

I've been hearing conflicting information on what side is "Imbalanced"

Also a funny story about a tie game that caused a lot of nerd rage

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Protoss keep getting nerfed, Terran keep getting buffed. They even changed the Zealot to 150 hp.
Don't they still have their shields? Seem to remember Protos stuff having more shields than health.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No key for me either.

Terrans won in both Battle Report videos. I'm glad they got nerfed prior to release. Now, they must be losing too often. :p

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't have a key yet, but eh, using a crack was a 2 second set-up so I can practice against the easy AI at least, lol.

Frown

poekmon
Don't they still have their shields? Seem to remember Protos stuff having more shields than health.
Yes, they have 150 hp in total now, including shields.

What I meant is that Zealots have always been the cost effective meat shield at the front line, and I don't get why they would give them lower HP after being at 160 since Starcraft I was released.

Top Bottom