• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standard version of melee

Zodiac

Smash Master
If we were to appoint a standard version of melee to be played all around the world would it be ntsc or pal?

Bones0

Smash Legend
PAL is the logical choice simply because it is the most recent version. The only reason someone would consider NTSC is because they think it's more balanced, but I think most people consider PAL to be better balanced. Fox's nerfed usmash, Marth's meteor-cancellable dair, Sheik's dthrow, etc.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yeah, PAL nerfs a lot of absurd NTSC stuff, though not all of it. Some things like ganon's fair are nerfed too much though.

PAL is generally more balanced for sure though.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
PAL falcos sweet spot their dais so well when they pillar, it makes the combos look so cool and more difficult. they shouldn't have nerfed marth's dair, that kills the Ken combo. so sad for Europe

LLDL

Smash Hero
Marth's dair being a meteor is the dumbest **** ever. I would appoint 1.2.

Pengie

Smash Lord
NTSC because no one likes playing games that have had dumb nerfs. The broken things like Sheik's Down throw, Fox's Up Smash, and Marth's spike are what make this game so fun at times. As balanced as PAL may be, it sounds kind of of unappealing because of things like that being gone.

Signia

Smash Lord
NTSC because no one likes playing games that have had dumb nerfs. The broken things like Sheik's Down throw, Fox's Up Smash, and Marth's spike are what make this game so fun at times. As balanced as PAL may be, it sounds kind of of unappealing because of things like that being gone.
Really. A grab that obsoletes a portion of the cast is fun. :glare:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Is there somewhere where I can find the changes made between all the versions?

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
A super incredible hybrid of the games with marth's spike, nerfed fox, and captain falcon being as manly as ever

:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Ness' PK Thunder stays if he gets hit while he's trying to control it in 1.0, and everybody knows all the pros play Ness.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they also nerfed Mario's weight and yoshi's drill kick
yoshi's weighs more, his fsmash has more knockback, and sheik can no longer cg him. hes wayyy better in PAL.

honestly tho the main issue with sheik's dthrow was that it had a low launch point and only 50 knockback growth. takes forever to stop comboing into itself. 65-70 kbg would have made it way less dumb

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Honestly, I thought this was a bad idea at first, but thinking about it from a financial standpoint, nintendo should make a new version of this game that could be universally played/sold.
If they did some minor tweaks and balances with cooperation with the smash community (LIKE NOT TAKING A **** ON GANONS FAIR) they could resell the game as a new version of smash. They'd make so much and the Melee community would peak in players.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
honestly starting off posts with "Honestly," makes them far more believable.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Honestly, I thought this was a bad idea at first, but thinking about it from a financial standpoint, nintendo should make a new version of this game that could be universally played/sold.
If they did some minor tweaks and balances with cooperation with the smash community (LIKE NOT TAKING A **** ON GANONS FAIR) they could resell the game as a new version of smash. They'd make so much and the Melee community would peak in players.
That's what Iwata would've done basically if Sakurai hadn't agree to make Brawl. It probably wouldn't have sold 9.5 million copies then, in my opinion.

On topic, I'd say the edition with the latest gameplay updates would be the standard, which in this case, is PAL. Just "if" it was possible to create a standard.

Pi

Smash Hero
well eventually when all our discs break and we have to use melee on the VC (if they re-release it)
or when we have to all hack our wii's to play melee from a dvd we could enforce a standard since it's easy to burn multiple version 1's or pal's or w/e

Stevo

Smash Champion
yoshi's weighs more, his fsmash has more knockback, and sheik can no longer cg him. hes wayyy better in PAL.
Yes he is wayy better. But I still don't see the point in nerfing his drill kick. Just seems kinda random to me.

Did they think they were making Yoshi too good? It would be interesting to know their reasoning behind all the changes.

Ganon was too good in free for alls obviously

Esper

Smash Cadet
ntsc has harder combos while pal is slightly better balanced...

I'd like to have a Melee with:
NTSC: Marth dair, Ganon fair, Falco dair, Link up-b, Samus tricks,
PAL: Sheik dthrow and uair, CF jab, Fox usmash

Top Bottom