• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stand up Comedy Tier List

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Rillest Tier

Bill Hicks

Top tier

Dave Chapelle

Mitch Hedberg

Eddie Murphy

Eddie Griffin

Bill Conolly

Tracy Morgan

Demetri Martin

Richard Pryor

George Carlin

David Cross

Chris Rock

Louis CK

Lewis Black

mitch fatel

Norm MacDonald

Katt Williams

Bernie Mac

Jello Pudding Peddling Tier

Bill Cosby

Sad to watch tier

Jimmy Kimmel

Hackasaurous Rex Tier

dane cook

denis leary

carlos menstealia

George Lopez

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think Bill Hicks is horrendously overrated. He's said some very intelligent, insightful things. But god ****, he is not funny.

George Carlin had a similar schtick as Hicks, only he remembered to make his act humorous rather than just angry.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I like Dane Cook....
he steals other peoples jokes. so really you probably like Ck louis and Demetri martin

he performs other peoples jokes well though I guess.

yea sorry I forgot demetri in the top tier

I added carlin and pryor as well cause they **** obviously.

jeff dunham..... foxworthy meh

and whoever said bill hicks is overated needs to listen to rant in E-minor

and stop being a goofball.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Dennis Leary, while he stole some of Hicks' bit word for word, is hilarious at it. Dane Cook is just totally unfunny and sues people if they steal his stuff but is quick to steal from others. Jeff Dunham is a joke, and Blue Collar sucks save for Ron White. Ron White at least has some jokes that aren't stupid. Larry the Cable Guy is just living a gimmick, and I find gimmick comics lame.

David Cross is also really good.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I remember Daniel Tosh having a really good stand up. Christopher Titus was really good.

Zach Galifianakis' stand up I found to be hilarious.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
daniel tosh is amazing : ). christopher titus is funny too, but i don't really think he has much versatility outside of telling people what goes on in his life....

jugfingers

Smash Champion
i'm not a fan of bill hicks either. with him and carlin, it felt more like i was being lectured than actually laughing. meh.....where's chris rock?

people generally enjoy bill hicks or george carlin if they share their point of view, i.e hate the government and stealing taxpayer money and buying weapons to kill women and children, criminlizing natural plants and fungus, the ruling elite's control of the world and our general destructive stupid way of living etc etc.

if your minds on the same wavelength as these comedians though.....real ****ing funny.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
people generally enjoy bill hicks or george carlin if they share their point of view, i.e hate the government and stealing taxpayer money and buying weapons to kill women and children, criminlizing natural plants and fungus, the ruling elite's control of the world and our general destructive stupid way of living etc etc.

if your minds on the same wavelength as these comedians though.....real ****ing funny.
It would probably be very, very difficult to find Carlin's bit on god to be funny if you were religious.

Who here has heard of Gabriel Iglesias?
Hate him. I think he's just ridiculous, and not in the good way. He's annoying and I don't find him to be funny.
Great, he classified levels of fatness by "fluffy," and "oh ****." Now he's talking in a high-pitched voice. Now he's leaving the stage.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

meh. i like different perspectives on different things. i don't really think relativity should be the basis of anyone's act. it's just preachin to the choir basically. i have a friend that's atheist and he felt the same way about carlin that i do. blah. different strokes for different folks, i guess. still, where's chris rock....and also, lewis black?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
This is one category in which I'm GLAD I'm not current...

Gonna have a funny rest of the night, lol.

I hated Dane Cook before I heard he stole jokes...Kathleen Madigan has a pretty hilarious style...Craig ShoeMaker (aka The Lovemaster) can have some ridiculously funny impressions...outside of his lovemaster persona, his jokes are relatively clean too, lol.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Difference is, Carlin makes these things funny, Hicks just yells at the audience and just comes off as some pissed off guy with a microphone.
Sam Kineson did this. He was funny at times, but nowhere like Carlin.

Hicks had funny bits, but his delivery sucked so much. I think that's why I was a little lenient with Leary ripping off his stuff - he did great material really well.

sammy p

Smash Lord
Dennis Leary, while he stole some of Hicks' bit word for word, is hilarious at it. Dane Cook is just totally unfunny and sues people if they steal his stuff but is quick to steal from others. Jeff Dunham is a joke, and Blue Collar sucks save for Ron White. Ron White at least has some jokes that aren't stupid. Larry the Cable Guy is just living a gimmick, and I find gimmick comics lame.

David Cross is also really good.
wooooow...... you just destroyed EVERYONE i love! :(:( im not TOO big of a fan of ron white, at least not like larry and jeff and bill. maybe its just because they talk more about family and stupid things that really do apply to my daily life(i was born to a readneck/hillbilly family)

and ive never ever HEARD of David cross.......

you went straight for the throat with EVERYONE!

EDIT: i PERSONALLY think Sienfeld may be a little outdated(please dont flame me)

also, what about lewis black?? anyone like him??

Peeze

Smash Master
Tracy Morgan is more annoying than funny. Get him out of Top tier.
Kinda cliche but Bill Cosby should definitely be somewhere on a list of stand up comics, maybe not top ut definitely there. Also Russell Peters.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Tracy Morgan is more annoying than funny. Get him out of Top tier.
Kinda cliche but Bill Cosby should definitely be somewhere on a list of stand up comics, maybe not top ut definitely there. Also Russell Peters.
Cosby is top tier.....holy ****. i didn't notice he had tracy morgan in top tier......the ****?

*****s hatin on tracy morgan need to get their mind right.

dude is real as ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQATFC4UA1g&feature=related

"if it was me id be braggin in court, michael jackson sucked my ****, wut, Holler!

"he gagged on it an everything"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXz16nqmLPc&feature=fvw

like I said...so real.

russel peter is kinda mediocre, cosby....anyone who sells jello needs to be a little more funny to make up for that.

We are now mortal enemies.

edit: and it's Denis with one "n" :mad:

leary stole his style and material from another comedian, he is a parasite.

Top Bottom