• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stand up Comedy Tier List

Gaara♥

Smash Master
russel peters was cool for a while then he kinda just disappeared. Eddie Murphy was just hilarious back in the day. I really enjoyed Chris Rock's Kill The Messenger and Wanda Syke's Imma Be Me. Mitch hedberg was absolutely hilarious. For some reason I really really dont like Dave Chapple... i think its just me though lol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Chris Rock = Top Tier

Lewis Black = High Tier

Bill Cosby = Top Tier

Without Bill Cosby, there would be no Richard Pryor. He opened the way for, really, all black comedians(around the time). Just sayin...

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Bill Cosby = Top Tier

Without Bill Cosby, there would be no Richard Pryor. He opened the way for, really, all black comedians(around the time). Just sayin...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKxWQCs3f0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMglRv2Lva0

bill cosby is a joke.

chris rock is legit, but I dunno about top tier.

lewis blacks starbucks joke was pretty funny back in the day, but he's average at best, I'd go so far to say that hes below average.

Peeze

Smash Master
*****s hatin on tracy morgan need to get their mind right.

dude is real as ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQATFC4UA1g&feature=related

"if it was me id be braggin in court, michael jackson sucked my ****, wut, Holler!

"he gagged on it an everything"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXz16nqmLPc&feature=fvw

like I said...so real.
Seriously? Michael Jackson molesting jokes are so original and funny. Tracy Morgan is not top tier funny. Make a poll. Take a vote.

Side note i never found Seinfeld the show funny, but Seinfeld's stand up is pretty good.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Seriously? Michael Jackson molesting jokes are so original and funny. Tracy Morgan is not top tier funny. Make a poll. Take a vote.

Side note i never found Seinfeld the show funny, but Seinfeld's stand up is pretty good.

lol I dunno dude his delivery is just so smooth.

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMuG_TOHGA&feature=related

and then look at the girls faces in the crowd at 5:23 lolol he's just so ****in gangster I dunno hes gotta be top, his delivery is just so stone cold.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol just because he made jello ads doesn't mean he isn't a legend. he's one of your favorite comedians' favorite comedians.

10. Eddie Murphy
9. Roseanne Barr
8. Bill Cosby
7. Rodney Dangerfield
6. Steve Martin
5. Chris Rock
4. Woody Allen
3. Lenny Bruce
2. George Carlin
1. Richard Pryor

comedy central's top ten, voted on by comedians.....:) of course, all of them are old as ****, except maybe eddie and chris rock, but still.....cosby's in the top tier

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
wooooow...... you just destroyed EVERYONE i love! :(:( im not TOO big of a fan of ron white, at least not like larry and jeff and bill. maybe its just because they talk more about family and stupid things that really do apply to my daily life(i was born to a readneck/hillbilly family)
Totally entitled to your opinion, but watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWO5LgUZ28&feature=youtube_gdata

He's from either Montana or Minnesota, failed as a comic, then did Larry for a radio show that got huge.

David Cross is amazing, but extremely left-winged and atheist. Some people are turned off by that, but I enjoy him.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
lewis blacks starbucks joke was pretty funny back in the day, but he's average at best, I'd go so far to say that hes below average.
I agree with you on Tracy Morgan being awesome, but how could you even consider putting Lewis Black below top tier? Lewis Black is an amazing comedian; his material and especially his delivery. Not a chance he's below top.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKxWQCs3f0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMglRv2Lva0

bill cosby is a joke.

chris rock is legit, but I dunno about top tier.

these ads have absolutely nothing to do with Bill Cosby's standing as a comedian. Don't judge his comedy work based on something completely irrelevant and unrelated.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
these ads have absolutely nothing to do with Bill Cosby's standing as a comedian. Don't judge his comedy work based on something completely irrelevant and unrelated.
its not irrelevant and unrelated, you can't do stand up comedy if your a sellout *****, it just makes everything you say fake and meaningless and consequently not funny.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Gabriel Iglesias is pretty good, though I enjoyed him more back when he was a kid on All That.

Jeff Dunham was pretty **** funny doing standup, i gotta say, his show killed him (much like many other comedians).

Daniel Tosh is just great. His standup is some of the best I've seen when it comes to modern comedians, and his show is actually really funny! Seriously, YOU try frowning on a wave runner - IMPOSSIBLE!!

:036:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Chris Rock is not racist.

and he is top tier. is this an opinion thread, or was this to actually make a tier?
Both.

@melon: Gabriel Iglesias was on All That...? o.o

Agreed on the whole show thing, though. Did not care for the Jeff Dunham show, or (speaking of Daniel Tosh) Tosh.0, though that's sort of different from his stand-up (which is pretty good imo).

There needs to be a Mid Tier, and all the people mentioned in this post should go there.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Haha what?

That's a very dumb argument. Famous people use their fame to make more money. It's not like Michael Jordan isn't a great basketball player (arguably the greatest ever) just because he made a thousand commercials.
thats not the same at all lol basketball is not a subjective art form you idiot you put up 60 points you put up 60 points. theres no subjectivity, the sport isn't based on moral integrity, you don't need to be a good person to posterize someone. you just need to be a good basketball player

comedy is different, its based on perception, truth, the communication between comedian and audience, why would I want to listen to some who peddles jello to kids? thats some scumbag type **** man, kids don't need wiggly watermelon jello, and cosby didn't need the money either, if he was doing jokes about how hilarious it was that he was filling his pockets from money he made selling jello pudding to kids that would be a different story, probably be really funny.

if cosby didn't pretend to be some moral authority telling other comedians not to curse in their shows and whatnot maybe I'd look the other way,

maybe cosby had some funny jokes, but he doesn't get in the top tier cause my criteria for top tier isn't based on how many people laughed at your jokes, otherwise we could just look up comedy album sales and show attendance and make the tier from that, it is about the quality of the artform, and selling jello to kids severly degrades the quality of your artwork, no matter what type of artist you are.

is this an opinion thread, or was this to actually make a tier?

will technically actually tier lists are still opinions.

but this is sort of a totalitarian thread, in that if someone convinces me that a comedian should be top tier I'll edit the first post and put them in, I've added like 8 or something so far, but yea its pretty much just whatever I feel like since I made this thread lol.

also katt williams is indeed hilarious.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Why is it that the second you involve the internet in a discussion, it immediately leads to raging, regardless of how trivial the discussion?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
jello's legit.

this is dumb. a comedian's job is to make you laugh. the he11 does him selling puddin pops have to do with anything? you're judging him as a comedian, that's it. someone should not be less funny just because the things they do, outside of stand up, isn't of the same quality. but i digress. it's a jugfingers' tier. not a stand up tier.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
jugfingers is like that. don't worry about it. his point remains stupid and i'm not sure what he has against jello. ****'s good.

Im smarter than you.

. it's a jugfingers' tier. not a stand up tier.

yea obviously

I made the thread, I'm not gonna put some wack comedians on the list cause two people like wack comedians.

its not an official list I just made a thread for fun, get it lol.

also post some youtube links to comedians and whatnot

I can't tell if jugfingers is being serious or sarcastic.
lol nothing I say on smashboards is serious.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
i'm gonna go ahead and guess that you've never watched a bill cosby special.
I used to listen to bill cosby on vinyl when I was 6.

and I thought he was the greatest comedian in the world. but that was when I was 6 lol.

but to answer your question yes I've seen bill cosby specials and lots of his standup

he's funny, but im not puttin him in my top tier cause he's a jello pusher lol. much worse than a drug dealer in my opinion

Top Bottom