• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
You.

I wasn't really too excited about doing this stage, I just thought, eh it'd be cool.
But after reading your comment I was motivated to 150% :bee:

You have a serious future in motivational speaking, think about it.
Thank you.
I recommened, if there is no pokemon that matches for poke floats, I think you should ask aafyre. You guys could do a team collaboration.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace

Anyone who can tell me what is different than the original stage, get Ovah Nine Thousand 1N7ARN37 C00K13Z! :bee:

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Lol, workin on that. (mouth is Gorilla face, leg messes up wen Foreward smash is done, and cant walk but can dash T_T and i kno how 2 fix, but lazy.)

This is MK+. Think fo a second. What is the main reason why people dont use the stage?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Lol, workin on that. (mouth is Gorilla face, leg messes up wen Foreward smash is done, and cant walk but can dash T_T and i kno how 2 fix, but lazy.)

This is MK+. Think fo a second. What is the main reason why people dont use the stage?
Lots of walls for infinites, very low ceiling?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Well, animations aren't really needed, as I'm posing them myself into the melee poses. :/
But if I could request the models as I need them here it would be nice.

And I think I fixed the Squirtle eye problem at least. :bee:

Edit: Yep, first actual screenshot.

Animation for squirtle is finished completely, but I still need to figure out how to insert frames into an animation because it starts off too far into the animation.

Rayquaza is replacing Onix.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Haha, Rayquaza is a great idea. I think this is the most-completed Poke Floats yet.

But that makes me think, are you going to be able to fit all of those models into Brawl's file size for a stage?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Well, animations aren't really needed, as I'm posing them myself into the melee poses. :/

And I think I fixed the Squirtle eye problem at least. :bee:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae69/kangaroogreen/Brawl/Untitled-37.png

Animation for squirtle is finished completely, but I still need to figure out how to insert frames into an animation because it starts off too far into the animation.

That looks great!

@Ninja kiwi, Ok, who is that? Captain failboma?
What exactly are you responding to?

n64billy

Smash Ace

[Awesome Progress]

If Rayquaza isn't moving around much (As in, as long as he's only floating around), then you could have a go at vertexing him into Onix :)

If you need any of the pokepark models, you can give me a shout out as well. I've had the ISO for ages, so can get you what you need.

(What's that texture on Link? It looks awesome :3 , but I swear I've seen it before)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
It's good that you found a suitable replacement for Onix, Kangaroogreen. Have you got any ideas about the replacements for the ones not available in either Brawl or PokéPark (Weezing, Porygon, Wooper, Seel, Unown, Lickitung and Chansey)? I personally don't mind that it's turning out to be more of a "Poké Floats 1.5" because of not all of the models being available, and I eagerly await its completion. :)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Question:

Anyone here has Mario&Sonic @ Olimp. Winter Games?
I'm needing some chr0 files from there.

Also, @EternalYoshi

I just downloaded Sherbet to see that stuff you talked about.

As I expected, it does NOT reflect stuff.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Once I got bored, so I randomly tried to port a stage from TvC to Brawl long ago, but never tested it.

It didn't work out, as you can see.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
It's good that you found a suitable replacement for Onix, Kangaroogreen. Have you got any ideas about the replacements for the ones not available in either Brawl or PokéPark (Weezing, Porygon, Wooper, Seel, Unown, Lickitung and Chansey)? I personally don't mind that it's turning out to be more of a "Poké Floats 1.5" because of not all of the models being available, and I eagerly await its completion. :)
I'm not comfortable with the idea of using any Pokemon past 2nd Gen, myself. Something about the way the stage is presented just seems gold/silver, to me. Just my personal opinion.

In reference to making general Pokemon replacements, if you're going to make that drastic of a change(I understand it's not really your choice) I think it would be best to revamp the layout, as well.
I completely understand, however, that this stage is already a large undertaking and that adding redesign on top of that is a lot to ask. Just something to think about :)
Some Pokemon have unique presence in the original stage that may not be easy to replace(the Unknown, for example).

Anyway, Fantastic work :)
The background looks perfect.

I look forward to seeing more of this.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone for the support. :bee:
And sorry, but no, I probably will be keeping the exact frame by frame perfectness of the original.

As for the missing pokemon, hmm, I might just have to root through the list a second time to find out which ones I'll be using.

And oh yeah, I just remembered that I forgot to ask how to make the camera static and zoomed out like in flat zone.

Edit: also, I'd like to take a poll. What do you people want for the background?
1. What it is now?
or
2. the original from melee. (might need the textures ripped by someone)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Keep it what it is. New background to go with the new pokemon you'll have to use.
I agree. Pokefloats was an iconic stage, but it was mostly due to just how bad it was. This is certainly a case where getting close is going to be good enough, and you shouldn't feel limited by trying to perfectly replicate the original. If you're 90% there (same stage movement, similar sized/posed Pokemon) you're definitely good enough.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Mushroomy Kingdom does. Mewtwo2000 is/already made Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) and ported it over MK, but the camera was static. Didn't zoom or anything.

I don't think making a new background is too far out of the question. If nobody will do it, send me the background model and original textures, and I'll create a new one myself :D

n64billy

Smash Ace
Kangaroo... did you want me to have a go at vertexing Rayquaza into Onix? As long as his body parts are only twisting around, I think it'd work pretty well :)
(Give me a shout out on here or MSN if you ever need anything as well.. I'd love to help with this!)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think that visually the stage looks perfect. It doesn't need to use exact textures from Melee. Since it's already using new Pokemon, it's fine with a "Brawlified" look on the sky and stuff. It looks amazing as it is now.

Shouldn't Rayquaza be curved a tiny bit?

Top Bottom