• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Kangaroo... did you want me to have a go at vertexing Rayquaza into Onix? As long as his body parts are only twisting around, I think it'd work pretty well :)
(Give me a shout out on here or MSN if you ever need anything as well.. I'd love to help with this!)
Sure. :bee:
Go ahead because I would really appreciate a great onix for this.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I believe that could be useful to stage hacking. If you know how to use could you teach us please?

I tried using it but, probably because I use a tablet instead of a mouse, it was a complete failure. I can rotate on the X axis well, but any attempt to rotate in any of the other axis results in epic fail.

I might just stick to the last one until the PAT0 support is released.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
I believe that could be useful to stage hacking. If you know how to use could you teach us please?

I tried using it but, probably because I use a tablet instead of a mouse, it was a complete failure. I can rotate on the X axis well, but any attempt to rotate in any of the other axis results in epic fail.

I might just stick to the last one until the PAT0 support is released.
WELL, I played around with it for a few minutes. click a line wrapped around the circumference the sphere to change its rotation; Red=X axis, Green=Y axis, and blue= Z axis. you can also simply click the sphere and control all three at once, but I found this difficult to control. I have no idea what the yellow circle around the sphere is for, it also changes all rotation values, but its limited and also hard to control.
There is a kind-of undo feature with this, as you are rotating the bone and you don't like what you have done, you can press esc while holding the mouse click to return to the last rotation values.

I assumed that this would also be able to control the translation values, but it appears that it doesn't. I'm a little disappointed at this, as this is what I was excited for. It would make more sense if when the bone was selected, it could be dragged along the x and y axises, and perhaps a button held such as ctrl or shift would allow the z axis to be changed. and maybe another toggle button to change from rotation to translation.

I might play around with this myself to add this, but my C# is rotten.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
i m gonna to make a new stage !
here's some hints (textures) :
As happy as this stage would make me, please finish and release the following first:
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Final Destination (Melee)
Yoshi's Island 64 v2.0 (With the proper size and textures [Frozen Hobo said he had a version of this he made])

I hope you will take my request into consideration. Thank you.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
IMO, finish Yoshi's Story first, just because you're so close to completing it already. After that, do Melee FD, since it seems to be a widely requested stage.

Then you could make your other projects afterward.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Kongo Jungle resized to 75%!

On the BrawlVault page there's a link to a video.
This is funny. KTH asked me last month to resize his stage. I first resized it to 85% the size. Then, he told me that it wasn't enough, and 60% could be fine. I sent him the 85% fix, but he hasn't even included it to the vault. And as I've been doing my own stages, I've not resized to 60% yet... Now, you are resizing it. And my guessings are... Did you ask him for permission? Is it really necessary to make a new vault entry for a stage which is the same work from another person with a fix? Wouldn't be more logical to send that fix to the creator so he includes it in his download? I don't understand any of this.

Anyway, this is the 85% I made for KTH, so if anybody wants it, just get it. It includes the shadows that were left in the upper parts, and some fix for that barrel that didn't let you see anything. This is what KTH requested me, which I've worked on, and what he hasn't even included in his vault because he prefers to wait to the 60% resize.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h573cbgsgvvh74w

I guess I'm going to start my own version, I'm getting a little angered with all of this, cause KTH made the stage knowing that I'm supposed to make it someday...

Here what i plan o.O :
-Finish Yoshi Story
-Finish Melee FD
-Make Melee BF
-Great Bay ?
Great Bay? Do you want to make Great Bay? Do you know I'm already doing Great Bay too?

Well, do what you want -_-

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Note to everybody: Do not compete with M22K when it comes to stage recreations. His will be so freakishly accurate that it will blow your mind and depress you at the same time.

*Shadic was once working on a Hyrule Castle 64*

GameWatching

Smash Ace
This is funny. KTH asked me last month to resize his stage. I first resized it to 85% the size. Then, he told me that it wasn't enough, and 60% could be fine. I sent him the 85% fix, but he hasn't even included it to the vault. And as I've been doing my own stages, I've not resized to 60% yet... Now, you are resizing it. And my guessings are... Did you ask him for permission? Is it really necessary to make a new vault entry for a stage which is the same work from another person with a fix? Wouldn't be more logical to send that fix to the creator so he includes it in his download? I don't understand any of this.

Anyway, this is the 85% I made for KTH, so if anybody wants it, just get it. It includes the shadows that were left in the upper parts, and some fix for that barrel that didn't let you see anything. This is what KTH requested me, which I've worked on, and what he hasn't even included in his vault because he prefers to wait to the 60% resize.

I guess I'm going to start my own version, I'm getting a little angered with all of this, cause KTH made the stage knowing that I'm supposed to make it someday...

Great Bay? Do you want to make Great Bay? Do you know I'm already doing Great Bay too?

Well, do what you want -_-
Sorry didn't know o.O

anyway,
if you'd like some help with it,
just ask :)

:c

i guess not...

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sorry, I was a little nervous before U_u

If I need your help or something, I will ask you, as you're a magnificent vertex hacker ;)

shanus

Smash Hero
IMO finish Yoshi's Story / Randall then do Melee FD Gamewatching. Project M will definitely use both.

M22K should finish FoD as we all want it so bad :D

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Is it really necessary to make a new vault entry for a stage which is the same work from another person with a fix? Wouldn't be more logical to send that fix to the creator so he includes it in his download? I don't understand any of this.
I understand the desire to keep the vault tidy, but I can explain why things like this are done:
(as far as I know)the vault doesn't afford users the option to be informed of updates made to old uploads. It irritates me when I find out that a hack I've been waiting for was updated a long time ago and I didn't know because the information was only added to its old upload. Is it really necessary to hide the download 30 pages deep in the vault?

To me, it honestly seems more efficient to just add a new download to the vault. I really don't see any harm that it does.

I realize that most important changes are discussed/detailed on these forums or kc-mm, but again, the authors are encouraged to use their old threads that I may have stopped watching if I wasn't expecting the update.
It's also worth noting that I'm sure there are plenty of brawl hacking fans who only check the brawl vault.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I understand the desire to keep the vault tidy, but I can explain why things like this are done:
(as far as I know)the vault doesn't afford users the option to be informed of updates made to old uploads. It irritates me when I find out that a hack I've been waiting for was updated a long time ago and I didn't know because the information was only added to its old upload. Is it really necessary to hide the download 30 pages deep in the vault?

To me, it honestly seems more efficient to just add a new download to the vault. I really don't see any harm that it does.

I realize that most important changes are discussed/detailed on these forums or kc-mm, but again, the authors are encouraged to use their old threads that I may have stopped watching if I wasn't expecting the update.
It's also worth noting that I'm sure there are plenty of brawl hacking fans who only check the brawl vault.
I agree with that.

Nice texture, Sonic. I look forward to a good old Brawlified Brinstar Depths, personally.

libertyernie

Smash Ace

I sent KTH a PM on the Kitty Corp forums (and a link to the stage on my Mediafire), and he said that I could post the 75% version. He also said he was going to re-do the textures by using the ones from Melee, so my guess is he's waiting to update his vault until he does that. (He did send me the PM in French, but I took French in high school so I could work around the points where automatic translators weren't doing so well.)
Would 60% be a better number than 75%? I honestly didn't even look at the N64 stage - I just guessed. But it would be easy enough to change, since most of the scaling is done by one bone with an animation.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I sent KTH a PM on the Kitty Corp forums (and a link to the stage on my Mediafire), and he said that I could post the 75% version. He also said he was going to re-do the textures by using the ones from Melee, so my guess is he's waiting to update his vault until he does that. (He did send me the PM in French, but I took French in high school so I could work around the points where automatic translators weren't doing so well.)
Would 60% be a better number than 75%? I honestly didn't even look at the N64 stage - I just guessed. But it would be easy enough to change, since most of the scaling is done by one bone with an animation.
Oh, you're right, there's a bone comon to most of the models in the stage, so it's a quick change O.o

Well, that's okay, sorry. I guess I'm a little nervous the last days, and acted stupidly. Sorry again.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

THIS! Oh god this. That's why I personally make a new entry every time there's a major update. It's advantageous for a few reasons really.
  1. As Toddtj said, it notifies people when there's a new update.
  2. It shows a history of that hack.
  3. It enables people to decide whether they want the old version or the new version.
  4. It's not annoying.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Well, I prefer having 1 instance per hack, cause having many repeated entries is annoying. Also, having the multiple versions in a single entry is possible by using the mediafire folders.

What I should suggest to the team is changing the sort or something, so you don't only see newer stuff, but recently updated items too.

BTW, new stage picture

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I agree with M22K's stance on Brawlvault. Having 10 different versions of the same thing is annoying, especially considering that BV isn't the best site to navigate anyways.

M22K - How goes FoD? :p New stage is cool though.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
I made a version of Gamewatching's Yoshi's Story (Melee) with edited death and camera boundaries. I was playing it, and I felt that it was nearly unplayable with the current boundaries. Please, take no offence to it, GameWatching. I love your level, but someone else might want this, so I feel the need to upload it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cetz3qr0mlt98gp

I tried to go off of this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5V1C7xXWfw , in order to eyeball the correct boundaries. I wasn't going for accuracy, I'm just going for a temp fix until the final stage is released.

Top Bottom