• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
At least you get results.

All I got from searching "Bowser's Castle" last week was NOTHING TO DISPLAY.

Anyway, I still need to find the place in the .rel that controls the prizes of Warioware.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Hey I did as the 3d stage template tutorial said and made new Brres to put an extra model in and then changed the file index to 101 and added all the textures and such. Yet the model doesn't appear in-game, any ideas as to how to fix this?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That tutorial part is wrong, I said so many many posts ago.

You have to use the existing brres files (modeldatas), which are modeldatas 1, 2 and 101 for Final Destination based stages. Multiple modeldatas 101 do nothing, only the first one gets loaded by the stage.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
That tutorial part is wrong, I said so many many posts ago.

You have to use the existing brres files (modeldatas), which are modeldatas 1, 2 and 101 for Final Destination based stages. Multiple modeldatas 101 do nothing, only the first one gets loaded by the stage.
Ah, thank you very much mr 2000 ^^

Edit: But is there any way to add more than 3 models for a stage?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
You can add as many models as you want. Not only one per modeldata. By the way, you can't have model animations with a different number of frames in the same modeldata.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
You can add as many models as you want. Not only one per modeldata. By the way, you can't have model animations with a different number of frames in the same modeldata.
Ah thank you very much, green greens without bombs, wind, blocks, or apples is now complete ^^

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Well,I'd like to rename parameters such as "Unknown1" "Vec1" in SCN0 node and its children.
If you know it, could you tell me each meaning?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I would be very thankful if someone got me the background for Star Light Zone.
I have it animated in-game already. It looks like this:

I also need to add some platforms and walls, but I can just use the flat square model and move/rotate/scale it to the right places.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
if i am playing normal brawl on a hacked stage and then save a replay will it show the hacked stage in the replay when i try and view it without the hacks on?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
if i am playing normal brawl on a hacked stage and then save a replay will it show the hacked stage in the replay when i try and view it without the hacks on?
No, it will not. In Brawl, a replay's just a set of instructions

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I would be very thankful if someone got me the background for Star Light Zone.
I have it animated in-game already. It looks like this:

I also need to add some platforms and walls, but I can just use the flat square model and move/rotate/scale it to the right places.
Hey Ernie, are you still using the old method to animate backgrounds like the one you used in your pumpkin zone?

I got a newer and easier one, if you're interested. You can learn it by looking to the 'what is love' version included in my stage pack (the vault separate stage doesn't include it yet), or ask me if you want me to talk about it.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'd like to know, Mew2. I've seen you mention it already but I didn't download the Mario Kart or the pack (I already had almost all the stages in there), and I'm waiting for the Castle Siege version to get Temple of Time.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'd like to know, Mew2. I've seen you mention it already but I didn't download the Mario Kart or the pack (I already had almost all the stages in there), and I'm waiting for the Castle Siege version to get Temple of Time.
Well, I'll give you the basics.

What Is Love (and other animated stages over there) use some 2D (or 3D) models with different textures, and they're moved a little in the Z axis so they seem to be changing. My new method makes this simpler, faster, and better looking. There's an animation called VIS animation. VIS0 files control VIS animations, like CHR0 files control CHR animations. Well, a VIS animation controls the visibility of a certain bone. That's used in stages like Final Destination or Jungle Falls, where elements appear or disappear.

Well. Just use a VIS animation to make appear/disappear textured models so they seem to be moving. Like a gif. Easily, without needing to move the model. Only appear/dissapear.

Temple of Time and What Is Love (stage pack version) use VIS animations to move. Just do the same and you will get awesomeness.

Talking about awesomeness (xD), here's the first version of my new (awesome O.o) Zelda stage, the Ganondorf one. Note that it's not finished yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uAMFZSUaeE

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I get it. Isn't that the same as shrinking the model scale to 0 in an animation? Wouldn't it look bad in slowdowns, like when the match ends? Do we still need to have one model per frame?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm not sure if I get it. Isn't that the same as shrinking the model scale to 0 in an animation? Wouldn't it look bad in slowdowns, like when the match ends? Do we still need to have one model per frame?
This is better than scaling to 0 in animations, because there's no resize at all. They just disappear. And they work perfectly in slowdowns. Of course, you still need a model per frame, each model has an unique texture, and you can't change that unless you're using texture animations. But those are not meant to be edited yet I guess.

Another advantage with this is that you can use it with transparent models. The old method needed opaque materials, as the other frames where still visible, just under the actual frame. With the VIS animation, you will be using only one frame at anytime.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
There's an animation called VIS animation. VIS0 files control VIS animations, like CHR0 files control CHR animations. Well, a VIS animation controls the visibility of a certain bone. That's used in stages like Final Destination or Jungle Falls, where elements appear or disappear
I was wondering what those did. I saw a VIS animation in Rainbow Cruise and wondered what it was for. Since we're on animations I have a question.

1) Can you put more than one animation in a model data without it freezing?

2) If I choose not to loop an animation, would the objects that were resized, moved, etc. stay where they are, as they are, or get moved back to their original states?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I was wondering what those did. I saw a VIS animation in Rainbow Cruise and wondered what it was for. Since we're on animations I have a question.

1) Can you put more than one animation in a model data without it freezing?

2) If I choose not to loop an animation, would the objects that were resized, moved, etc. stay where they are, as they are, or get moved back to their original states?
1) You can put many animations in a modeldata, but only the first one will work. The others will be unseen by the stage in most cases.

2) They will stay like in the last frame of the animation. Just like in brawlbox when you have the 'loop' option unchecked.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
1) You can put many animations in a modeldata, but only the first one will work. The others will be unseen by the stage in most cases.
any idea if it would be possible to make more than 1 animation load at a certain time? I know you can do it with models that already have multiple animations, but is that the only way?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman

2) They will stay like in the last frame of the animation. Just like in brawlbox when you have the 'loop' option unchecked.
Awesome. :awesome: That helps me out immensely, thanks Mewtwo.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Which unknown value controls animation looping? I set the unknown2 values for the animations i'm tweaking to zero but the animation still looped.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Heyyyy, nice underground stage, Mewtwo. Stupid question, but is the overworld done (I mean in that same style)?

And I know this is the wrong thread, but the Request thread is being an *** right now and ignoring my requests. I'd like help on porting Tabuu's stage on Pirate Ship.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Which unknown value controls animation looping? I set the unknown2 values for the animations i'm tweaking to zero but the animation still looped.
Unknown2=0. If still loops, maybe you're using a stage that forces a looped animation. Try on another modeldata or something O.o

Heyyyy, nice underground stage, Mewtwo. Stupid question, but is the overworld done (I mean in that same style)?

And I know this is the wrong thread, but the Request thread is being an *** right now and ignoring my requests. I'd like help on porting Tabuu's stage on Pirate Ship.
Not yet, but I will. I will make my own retro version, on any still area too. Anyway, you can already find good retro versions of the stage in the vault.

Oh, almost forgot, new picture of Ganon's

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It seems that the stage hitboxes for Port Town are in the .rel somewhere.

All I know is that the normal road does 15% and the cars do 20% damage.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
OOOOHHH MMMMMAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH GGGGGGAAAAAWWWWWWDDD!!!

can i haz it!!!!

Mewtwo_2000 is one of the best stage makers!!!

will you make me a stage?? (like will you bear my childrenish joke)

Top Bottom