• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You fight in the middle floor. I added two platforms.

Flag 6 DOES control the brightness of the material.

I may only need two roofs.

Will make moar pics when I get the Flag6 value I need.

Nope. Changing Flag 6 make it too bright.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Okay I've got animations down and it's been really helpful with what I'm doing, but is there a way to remove a keyframe? I'm editing an existing animation and it'd be a lot easier if i don't have to input as much data.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay I've got animations down and it's been really helpful with what I'm doing, but is there a way to remove a keyframe? I'm editing an existing animation and it'd be a lot easier if i don't have to input as much data.
I wouldn't hate to find this out myself.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Erase the number keyframed and press Enter.

I fixed the walls. Aparrently they were scaled a little too much causing them to go into eachother.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well after a nice relaxing break(god i wish this was true) i'm going to try and go back to stage hacking again soon but i have to ask this:
Anyone have/know where a cylinder model is?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Anyone have any good suggestions for model that's a half-circle. Basically, I want to use two of them to make a circular pit that can break in half. Sounds odd, but it will look sexy in the actual stage (hopefully).

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Well after a nice relaxing break(god i wish this was true) i'm going to try and go back to stage hacking again soon but i have to ask this:
Anyone have/know where a cylinder model is?
If you need a super giant one, the transition part in STGEMBLEM.PAC is a cylinder

EDIT: post 222. wat

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I didn't look at the Roof yet, but I added shadows and fixed an odd...... miscalculation regarding the X offset of BG pieces.

Here are more pics.

n64billy

Smash Ace
WAIT A SECOND! =O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just realised that that's the ice battle stage from Diddy Kong Racing! Is it not?!
(If you've already said it before, then wow.... took me a while to realise...)

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I was hoping it'd look better in game. It just looks bad. Can't you use darker lighting and higher-resolution textures?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The textures are taken straight out of Diddy Kong Racing.

Tell Rare you want Higher resolution textures.

I had very odd issues with lighting before which is why I'm using Pictochat's lighting, but I'll see if I can change it again without funny stuff going on.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I DID screencap.

The middle platform's textures was semi transparent in game, which I can't do ATM.

I have a VRML of the whole pyramid, but since no one helped me to get the SZS import method to work....

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I'm almost finished with a small edit of rainbow cruise that I've been working on and everything is good except for one thing. It does the insta-kill everyone glitch at the end of the animation. Does someone know how to fix that?

EDIT: Also does anyone know how to convert BIN files to JPEG? I want to upload some pics for this.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hey guys I'm almost finished with a small edit of rainbow cruise that I've been working on and everything is good except for one thing. It does the insta-kill everyone glitch at the end of the animation. Does someone know how to fix that?

EDIT: Also does anyone know how to convert BIN files to JPEG? I want to upload some pics for this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i2ninomiim2

About the instakill, depends of what happens... If the animation ends in a place different to the starting, that's the problem. If not, then it's something else.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I DID screencap.

The middle platform's textures was semi transparent in game, which I can't do ATM.

I have a VRML of the whole pyramid, but since no one helped me to get the SZS import method to work....
Ohhhhhh, alright that makes sense. I knew there was something different about it.
And I also could never get the szs import to work either. :(

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I have everything looping right back to where it was at the start of the animation. Would I need to make a keyframe with the same data at the end as I have at the beginning?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The textures are taken straight out of Diddy Kong Racing.

Tell Rare you want Higher resolution textures.
That's exactly my point D: The N64 textures don't translate into Brawl well (and the lack of shadows don't help, but that's not really important yet), so why not use similar-looking but higher-res textures, or maybe even find and modify something from Sherbert Valley or The Summit.

IMO you could also place a transparent model under some of the blocks to simulate shadows on the walls and floor. I'd personally take a stage builder block if they allow transparency and turn it inside out by setting its materials to 1.

Sorry if you weren't looking for constructive criticism. I can stop if you want.

had very odd issues with lighting before which is why I'm using Pictochat's lighting, but I'll see if I can change it again without funny stuff going on.
What kind of odd issues?

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
I have a smash mod and in the module folder there is only like 6 .rel files. where do i get a .rel file so that i can convert it. in particular i would like a FD and BF .rel

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Yeah, st_battlefield.rel doesn't exist. >.>

What exists is st_battle.rel

But a Battlefield based stage will be STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Working on yet another stage ^^U

Anybody knows about this one? O.o

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Based on N64, like your DKR stage or my Goldeneye one xD

The warioware model is only where the sword is. My stage is the hall of the temple.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
most of my stages crash when i try to load them. the only two that work are ones that i used the .rel file for. They both happen to also be made by mewtwo.

any idea why?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
If you could put it in the sword chamber and have it switch to the Chamber of the Sages that would be pure win. I'm guessing that it could work over Castle Siege (seeing as it has that transition thing you could use).

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
i just tried another of mewtwo's stages and it worked as well but with no .rel file. maybe he just makes em well xD

Top Bottom