• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
I wish I could stage hack like this. I have stopped reading and following this thread for a while so I don't know how stages have gone, but... If I did know how to make stages I bet I could really make some creative ones.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I wish I could stage hack like this. I have stopped reading and following this thread for a while so I don't know how stages have gone, but... If I did know how to make stages I bet I could really make some creative ones.
If you want to learn, there's a guy on YouTube called WackaAlpaca who makes Brawl hacking tutorials and has numerous regarding stages. It would be an excellent resource for you, along with this site and the KC:MM boards.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Who doesn't love rain?

Finally released after 6 whole days of continuous work, I present you this.

This pack consists of 3 stages:

- Ocean Dream
- Dark Ocean Storm
- Ocean Storm

Ocean Storm was my real goal, but Ocean Dream was a test to see if I could handle my own ambition. After freezing Delphino and porting it to Final Destination, and making all the changes needed, a gorgeous stage was born. That's Ocean Dream.

Then, I started working on inserting the rain and making the stage look like it was actually raining. I took some decent time testing textures and investigating SceneDatas from multiple Brawl stages for proper lighting/fog/etc. Then, Dark Ocean Storm was born. It has a darker background of heavy clouds with also a darker rain effect and a matching lighting and fog.

After backing up the file, now I gone for a more accurate stage, matching what I had imagined beforehand. On the last one, the Ocean Storm, the sky is pure gray, the rain is more uniform and the lighting is more clear. That's pretty much what I did imagine all along.

For all versions, the ocean is animated, the collisions has water effects, and for the Storms, the rain is also animated. The pics will never do justice, because the animations are arguably one of it's biggest selling points.

Sooo, after all that long explanation, I suggest putting this over Shadow Moses or Spear Pillar, where you can get all tree at once, with a forecast of 66% rain chances!

Download Link:

:link2:

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what's for dinne-*shot*

Look at everyone fighting on water. They are NINJAS I tell you!

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
O_O

ive heard of inactiveness, but this is redonculus. (yes, redonculus)
B3compacter, nice stage man.
This is what i'm thinking too so this is how i fix it:

Simple solution to the problem no?

Anyway i'm debating on whether or not to actually do a final version with lightning seeing i finally got color animations to show up(i keep making so many versions of this it's not funny >.>)

If i am going to make a last one it'll have a scene data edit and have 3 versions:
Original Stormy D edited with somewhat grey scene data, a very dark stormy destination(it'll have the most lightning), and the blue one you see above

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm not at home right now, so I don't have accesss to my Wii. But I promise this stage works!

The small platform moves up and back down, and the middle part of the main platform retracts at times. There's also a surprise that you'll notice about 1:30(?) in.
Download
I use this music.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
To Shadic:

I hope this resize is good enough ^^U

92%

81%

I'll upload it tomorrow, after fixing some thingies like the direction of the shadows O.o

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, in my thread at kc-mm says so xD

And I'm going to resize mushroom kingdom 64 too, because it's not the exact size either.

There will be even a real size Fourside (I mean BIG) when the melee size is done.

Mit

Smash Ace
Cooool.

I didn't feel like Hyrule or Mushroom Kingdom were too far off (is Mushroom Kingdom too small?), but I definitely want to see a smaller Fourside.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The Hyrule 64 resize is a request by Shadic. He states that physics in Project M make the platforms too high to be played correctly. So there are 3 sizes now. The original I made, the 92% (supposed to be the perfect ssb64 size) and the new one, 81%, slighly smaller.

I will make the resize for Fourside soon, but I need to make some other thingies first.

johnovision160

Smash Cadet
@Mew
Hey dude I have a request for fourside, could you happen to make the blue sky rap around the entire stage insted of just in the front? You know like on Yoshi Island, Delfino Plaza and Pirate Ship.Because the back of the stage cuts out way to short.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mew
Hey dude I have a request for fourside, could you happen to make the blue sky rap around the entire stage insted of just in the front? You know like on Yoshi Island, Delfino Plaza and Pirate Ship.Because the back of the stage cuts out way to short.
Ok, no problem :p

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok at least in my opinion i think the stage is like perfect now except for a couple questions what about the clouds on the side of the stage, moving water background, and elephant thing with a sign (don't know name lol) that walks behind if it has all of that i love you (=

SilverXy3

Smash Rookie
<The Subspace Gunship>

It's about time I went public with this. This is one of the largest stages to be hacked in, and quite a spectacular view as well. It is ported off of the trophy model, which looks surprisingly well when scaled so largely, despite the polygonic look. However, many structures are missing, such as Bowser and Ganondorf's platform, and as you can tell the textures aren't that great... But it's still pretty amazing! And it doesn't lag unless you use camera hacks >.>

The main idea isn't set in stone yet, but here's a pretty good idea of what to expect: The camera will scroll along the entire ship, minus the backside which will be covered in Subspace. The lighting and fog may change, and There might be cannon fire and stage animations if things go well. I've made a list below of all the ideas so far.

Current Status:
  • The stage is only scaled at half the maximum limit to prevent worse graphics. I want it near original size, not shrunk like Corneria.
  • Half-way done with stage collisions.
  • Setting the stage perfectly straight is proving hard...
  • Ported over Battlefield, but willing to port to any other stage with enough stage animations.

Considerable Ideas:
  • Figure out how to get a wind effect for those aerial-challenged characters.
  • Decide if camera should move at a constant rate or varied speed.
  • Rip sound effect from cutscene and include the giant subspace blast?
  • Cannons fire at nothing or at the fighters?
  • Scenery effects. Fog? Twirling matter into Subspace? How much lighting?
  • Dying from touching the Subspace?
  • If things end up badly, resort to a floating platform to land around the ship :(

This has been a one-man project, but I would gladly accept support and ideas from other people.

More pictures!

I have a idea you might consider but probably impossible to do or passes the stage animation limit. Adding on to your cannons firing idea, instead of them firing at the fighters, or nothing; have the the cannons turn to the background having them do nothing or firing. (Now here comes the hard part) In the background have the Star Fox Vs Star Wolf dogfight animation from Lylat Cruise, keep one Wolfen, one Arwing, and replace the others with the Hocotate Ship, Falcon Flyer, and Samus' personal gunship. If you have the cannons firing it would be as if there dodging it. Now this is not a a request, but a cool idea in my opinion ;)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'm using the sky from Luigi's mansion somewhere else, but it makes the texture I'm using EXTREMELY dark. I don't know how to fix it, I've been trying to mess with the materials with no sucess.

Any help?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Thanks Mewtwo.

You know, I would have done it myself had you told me how. :V
Well, but I prefer to make those kind of changes in my stages, and if that makes a stage of mine more playable, I don't mind to spend some time with it.

Also, I've fixed some other thingies in the stage while I was resizing it. Now the shadows fit better.

I will upload the stage this sunday.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Check the lighting of the stage you are using.

Use Pictochat's scene data and try again.
Ninja'd xD
It was one of the first things I did, and the first scene data I tried. Maybe I should have said it here, sorry.

I tried pretty much anything, now I'm looking for another model like it. I mean, sphere-like or cilinder-like, to make a sky.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
Well, but I prefer to make those kind of changes in my stages, and if that makes a stage of mine more playable, I don't mind to spend some time with it.

Also, I've fixed some other thingies in the stage while I was resizing it. Now the shadows fit better.

I will upload the stage this sunday.
off topic BUT WHERE??? WHERE DO YOU FIND GANON? whenever i ask someone, they ignore me like as if it was top secret.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm going to need help making a 3D stage. This is my first time making one, HOWEVER, I am a quick learner and will pick up on the methods rather fast. I am making http://imgur.com/sDnYK.png that stage. I need to extract these polygons from Pokemon Stadium for use in the stage: 183 185 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 206 242 249.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
You can't extract polygons as if they were models. Even if you managed to get these polygons, they would be at the exact position they are already. You won't be able to move them around (unless each polygon has it's own bone). Like when you kill the letters R and A from the word AMERICAN and the word becomes like this: _ME_IC_N

I hope I explained it well...

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
You can't extract polygons as if they were models. Even if you managed to get these polygons, they would be at the exact position they are already. You won't be able to move them around (unless each polygon has it's own bone). Like when you kill the letters R and A from the word AMERICAN and the word becomes like this: _ME_IC_N

I hope I explained it well...
I kinda wanted them all in the places they are in... It's just the crowd and stadium spot, without the light's and fighting platform.

Couldn't I simply use the polygon deleter and remove all the polygons except for the one's I need, export, and import?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
In materials, find the textures that you don't want visible and set the Type flag to 3. That will turn that specific part invisible. I'm not sure if that is reflected in BrawlBox though.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Okay, so I make it all transparent etc. How do I go about importing a model for the stage part of it all? And then finally, I want to replace Sky World with this. Is that possible?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Easily so long as you use the module for the stage it is based off of, which I'd assume is Pokémon Stadium, to replace the Skyworld module, though you need to use the program located in the module thread in the Tutorials and FAQs forum to modify the module.

Top Bottom