• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I usually use the modeldata where the main platform is (modeldata2 for FD and modeldata10 for pirate ship etc.) I don't think I've ever put any models in 100 or 101. If I'm want my collisions to follow a model I put in FD, which modeldata would be best?
Modeldata2 should work, that's where I had the moving platforms in mushroom 64 if I'm not wrong. So... if you have apparently done everything okay, I can only say 'send me the stage and I will take a look to it' ^^U

Mewtwo2000, if you're reading this, what could be done to freeze Delphino? You did make a moving stage like it (Mario Kart Alternative) so I think you might know.
I think that stage is somewhat complex, but making animations do nothing, and some changes in the collision files could do the job. I once planned doing a frozen version of that stage, but as you can see, time is almost zero for me ^^U

Anyway, if noone does it before me, I could give it a try in the next weeks ^^U

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Modeldata2 should work, that's where I had the moving platforms in mushroom 64 if I'm not wrong. So... if you have apparently done everything okay, I can only say 'send me the stage and I will take a look to it' ^^U
Thanks, I really appreciate your help. I'll try again on the stage I'm working on now, then if I encounter any problems I'll send it to you.

There will be three/four things that will need moving collisions in this stage.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
On my norfair smashville stage, my main stage model still doesn't move even though I made the animation a bone animation and connected it to the stage's top bone. I also made the lighting to use Final Destination's.
Any help on moving the stage? :S
http://ioj.com/v/h7sgk there is the file

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Whoa awesome.
Where'd you get the model?
(Let's make recolors of the Wii :p )
There are actually four models that I used. Three of them are the regular custom stage block and the other is the custom stage ramp. (I was planning on including two different textures, a black wii and a NES wii :))

EDIT:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well without the fox model how would you know how well it has been resized so far XD just remember don't just do it's good enough with it being a little bit too big because some stages like fourside can get away with it but that's supposed to be about battlefield size and wouldn't be the same without it

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Update:

That thing back there looks Blue in game obviously.
I think the only thing I need is a better model for what's back there.
Maybe I'll be forced to do it the G@W way if you get what I mean :p
GameWatching your awesome stage is too awesome Masha'Allah!

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I have made the final versions of my three stages:
Temporal Tower
Mewtwo's Lab
Sky Tower

However, I did not release them yet.

Anyways, I'm making Distortion World:

This is from the game, Pokemon Platinum.
I'm using SSE models again :)

EDIT: I need a rock that looks similar to the one in there... Maybe if I combine models from STGEDIT2 it will help?
EDITEDIT: It did help, but I need two models for each platform.
I don't wanna use a lot of models cause last time I did that something nasty happened :p

EDITEDITEDIT: Done first and -if Allah wills- final version of the stage.
I'm following this list Awesome.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Sunday is a depressing day when it's your last day of summer...

But anyway I was finally able to attach a collision to a model but the collisions were really messed up for some reason so I need to look into that. (The Brawl disc occasionally pops out of the Wii and then goes back in)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
On my norfair smashville stage, my main stage model still doesn't move even though I made the animation a bone animation and connected it to the stage's top bone. I also made the lighting to use Final Destination's.
Any help on moving the stage? :S
http://ioj.com/v/g9vca there is the file
Reposting for help. I really need to finish this stage for use with Brawl-.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'm having a collision problem:

Even though my collision is in the correct place, the effect of the collision (in this case, water effects) are misplaced by about +10u in the Y axis.

Why?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I'm having a collision problem:

Even though my collision is in the correct place, the effect of the collision (in this case, water effects) are misplaced by about +10u in the Y axis.

Why?
You know the delfino stage, that part where you can walk about thigh/waist deep to the left of some umbrellas? For that peice of water, that effect is in the correct place... And then when we try to use them for say, a floor with water on it, it still uses the same collusion information needed for that puddle in delfino plaza....

(This is just from memory when Brawl Wall first came out and I wantes to make a water stage)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
FFFFUUUUUUUU-

You're right. I thought it was a problem with my collision... but it looks like, actually, that's how water effects were programmed.

That sucks. >_<

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Then put the collision 10 below where you need it to be if that's possible for your stage. Or wait... Would that cause the water effect to not go off at all?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@Hozu, don't want to do that, I'd rather have it disjointed.

@FrozenHobo Details, please. Because the way you said just doesn't make much sense to me.
How can I use a second collision, if the collision effects require that I actually touch it?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oh, right. i was forgetting that. :-/

can you post a screen shot in bbox of what the collisions look like and do a quick paint job to show where the gfx are appearing?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
======= < Effect
|
__|
< Ike's feet
_________ < Collision
[__|

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i m lazy D:

that why i take so much time ! :urg: