• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I'm probably sounding picky but isn't that a little too big still? can you get to the 1st platform with a single jump

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
gamewatching I can use frame data from melee & project m to help you get the lengths exact. just hurry up and release a working version to the BR.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
other people aren't important <3
don't you want darkrain to play on it this weekend, GameWatching?

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
That's some elitist bullcrap, right there. GameWatching, you should release it to the public as a close-to-finished beta, and then, if anything needs fixing, fix it and rerelease it like everyone else. Don't pander to people who want to keep your work for themselves.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its more professional to do a single release rather than many half-finished releases. there are these things called standards, you should have them.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
people, i got some headaches

i don't know what does mean 'Randall'
i don't know what's the problem with the size
i don't know who is darkrain

i feel that my head is going to blow up...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Is there a version of the Metal Mario stage anywhere without a ******** wind-like effect on the right edge? I have one, it goes over Onett, and I can't find any way to remove the bug.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
its more professional to do a single release rather than many half-finished releases. there are these things called standards, you should have them.
More professional? We're making unprofessional hacks. We're kids playing video games. I want to play on a finished Yoshi's Story stage as much as the next man, but how is limiting the amount of people he near-finish beta tests it with gonna help? Why should Project M be the only people to help with this? There is more to the community than the backrooms. Why should Project M Backroom test it and not anyone else? There are plenty of people that could talk about the needed scaling.

Hell, if he sent it to me, I could go into Dolphin, get a 3D screen rip of Melee with Fox on the stage, then get a screen rip of the stage from BrawlBox with Fox on it using the collision editor, then scale it in 3DS max to see the EXACT percent of scale he needs to set everything to to get it to be EXACTLY like Melee by matching up the Fox' scales, using that as 0% scale, and going from there. I can do that, and it would come out perfect. Am I in the PMBR? No. Would I be able to do a better job than some backroom eyeballing it? Yes.

Telling me I have no standards? You have to high of standards. If you got your head out of your ***, maybe you could understand that everyone has talent, and the Project M backroom is not the be all end all of hacking.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you're right, my bad. just get me that frame specific data from melee so you can match it identically with the PM physics... oh wait, you can't do that because you don't have the PM physics because its a closed beta. sorry. my bad.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
you're right, my bad. just get me that frame specific data from melee so you can match it identically with the PM physics... oh wait, you can't do that because you don't have the PM physics because its a closed beta. sorry. my bad.
Didn't read my post? Oh, okay.

Edit: I'm going too far off topic, so, I'm done. Sorry for these rants.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
More professional? We're making unprofessional hacks. We're kids playing video games. I want to play on a finished Yoshi's Story stage as much as the next man, but how is limiting the amount of people he near-finish beta tests it with gonna help? Why should Project M be the only people to help with this? There is more to the community than the backrooms. Why should Project M Backroom test it and not anyone else? There are plenty of people that could talk about the needed scaling.

Hell, if he sent it to me, I could go into Dolphin, get a 3D screen rip of Melee with Fox on the stage, then get a screen rip of the stage from BrawlBox with Fox on it using the collision editor, then scale it in 3DS max to see the EXACT percent of scale he needs to set everything to to get it to be EXACTLY like Melee by matching up the Fox' scales, using that as 0% scale, and going from there. I can do that, and it would come out perfect. Am I in the PMBR? No. Would I be able to do a better job than some backroom eyeballing it? Yes.

Telling me I have no standards? You have to high of standards. If you got your head out of your ***, maybe you could understand that everyone has talent, and the Project M backroom is not the be all end all of hacking.
^ Falcon approved :falcon:

Actually, I think he should release it as it is, then more people could give him feedback on it.

And this probably wasn't made just for PM. Does BRAWL sound any familiar?

EDIT:

How can I change how lighting affects the characters, but just the characters?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Does anyone else think Project Melee is a stupid idea? Because I'm really sick of the PM team glorifying it all the time.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
What mainly bothers me is their refusal to release a public beta. I understand the desire to release a perfect product, but they treat it like a whole new game. I see no harm in a public beta, especially considering opening it up to as many people as possible only increases the feedback and suggestions and helps the team deliver a mod that will please more people and overall be of better quality.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm not suggesting that they listen to every random idiot with a suggestion that doesn't hold true to the project's goals, but there are those out there who could aid the P:M team in a productive manner or even those who would enjoy playtesting it just for fun. After all, that is essentially what the purpose of the project is, to make the game more enjoyable.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The size on GameWatching's Yoshi's Story doesn't look too far off. I mean, Yoshi's Island 64 in Melee was too big, so I guess we're actually holding ourselves to higher standards than Nintendo.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
And this probably wasn't made just for PM. Does BRAWL sound any familiar?
Actually, it IS being made for PM. They're including it in the full package when it's done, and in return they're helping GW create it with exact measurements from Melee.

What mainly bothers me is their refusal to release a public beta. I understand the desire to release a perfect product, but they treat it like a whole new game. I see no harm in a public beta, especially considering opening it up to as many people as possible only increases the feedback and suggestions and helps the team deliver a mod that will please more people and overall be of better quality.
Project M essentially is a new game, considering the amount of things they're changing. It goes far beyond the scope of what Brawl+ did to Brawl. And they will eventually release a beta, but they're not up to that stage yet. They're still in very early closed alpha right now. People around here seem to have this insane idea that you can release an unfinished product at any time and give it the title "beta". Alpha and beta are real terms for phases of development, and the PM team isn't releasing the game until it's actually ready to be released.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Anywho, back to stage hacking topic...
I might need someone to texture Mushroom Kingdom II, because I currently using the original sprites from the snes remake.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Anywho, back to stage hacking topic...
I might need someone to texture Mushroom Kingdom II, because I currently using the original sprites from the snes remake.
I know nothing of texturing. I most likely could do it if I tried, but I guarantee you don't want your stage textured by someone who has never done it before. So, I offer the next best thing; here are the Melee textures of the stage.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3c9ftr3nyb7fwat

It may be missing a few, but any of those are interchangable with their SNES countepart, anyway. The important ones that DID change from the SNES, I MADE SURE I got.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sure, just chr in lights xD

Having a vec1=(0,10,0) and a vec2=(0,0,0) you would get a lighting coming straight from above xD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry to once again steer this topic off of the intended subject, however a few things were said that I felt I needed to respond to because I disagreed heavily with them and what they said about the Project M development team and Project M as a whole.
That's some elitist bullcrap, right there. GameWatching, you should release it to the public as a close-to-finished beta, and then, if anything needs fixing, fix it and rerelease it like everyone else. Don't pander to people who want to keep your work for themselves.
we don't want to keep GameWatching's work to ourselves. we want GameWatching's work to be the best it can be. it'd take me all of 1-2 hours to get him frame data to compare the two and then he'd simply need to apply the size changes. we aren't better than you; we just have the tools to help GameWatching make Yoshi's Story as close to exact as possible.
Like I said, it would take me all of 1 or 2 hours to get GameWatching some comparison data, he could fix it, we could A-OK it, then he'd release it. The only problem with the stage being in open beta is that the older, inaccurate versions of the stage would still be floating around within the community. Take from this what you will; it is inevitably GameWatching's decision, not yours, and not the PMBR's.
Hell, if he sent it to me, I could go into Dolphin, get a 3D screen rip of Melee with Fox on the stage, then get a screen rip of the stage from BrawlBox with Fox on it using the collision editor, then scale it in 3DS max to see the EXACT percent of scale he needs to set everything to to get it to be EXACTLY like Melee by matching up the Fox' scales, using that as 0% scale, and going from there. I can do that, and it would come out perfect.
This assumes that the cameras in Brawl and in Melee are the same, which they aren't. You're also assuming that Fox's relative size in Brawl to the rest of the cast is the same as in Melee, which is nearly impossible to prove one way or another.
Am I in the PMBR? No. Would I be able to do a better job than some backroom eyeballing it? Yes.
We don't eyeball the stages. We use science and data.
We aren't the be all end all of hacking. We're the closest thing to the be all end all of Brawl hacking in relation to Melee emulation, since that's our ****ing job.
Does anyone else think Project Melee is a stupid idea? Because I'm really sick of the PM team glorifying it all the time.
Project Melee and Project M are two different projects, both of which are ambitions of great value in this community. You're not forced to play either.
We aren't in the beta stages yet. We cannot even be in a private beta yet; how is it expected that we go to public beta when it's not any form of beta? Additionally, Project M is a mod that is far more ambitious than any other modification to Brawl. It is essentially its own game.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
:(

I'll get it then.

EDIT: And the lighting color?
I remember Mewtwo_2000 saying it... It looked easy, but I tottaly forgot...

Top Bottom