• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Okey, i don't know if any of you play in my Green Hill zone + , i want to correct its wrongs color (even if you put the colors of brawl it doesn't look like old GHZ) and some things need to be fixed.
first,i hate the walls in the stages, but i want back the one-up box in the middle; another thing someone noticed a shadow claping in my pictures of GHZ? that is because i want to add lot of sonic's characters in the back part of the stage, and also i will happy if i can add this between of the two platforms:

Also tehre is a problem in the left ledge:

there isn't this problem in the right ledge, playing with sonic this isn't a problem, but for most of characters y horrible get trapped there.

Well here are my ideas:

In the part 1 will be all sonic characters with come animation (shadow, tails, kunckles, silver, and maybe amy if is possible)
The part 2 will be the fight zone, and i'll correct the colissions and platforms positions(and maybe add that part that i tell before)
And last in the part 3 it will back teh sonic one-up box but it wont be part of the figth zone, it'll be there just because i like it XD

Okey tellme your opinion abouts this, and if any have a good idea for the stage's platforms layout tellme please.

for the layout, i have a 3erd platform, so i can do a lot of things, may one between of the other two going from one to another, or i can move all, i just want any original idea.

Another question, what texture is better for this stage(it only changes the squares)
The original color (from the sonic the hedgehog's sprites):

This one (from brawl):

This one(from brawl too):

This one (from Sonic Adventure 2 Green hill zone):

Or this one(i made it):

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
These is for my post.

Final Destination survival.
A survival map where final destination twists and turns as you try to survive.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=6619

It also comes with my custom ness texture, where ness is all bloody with a new cap texture and a bloodied medal bat to go along with the rest of his body.
his eyes only look like that when he has his special by the way.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
wow, almost all day without a post in this thread. i think i'll change that by showing my first actual hacked stage (yeah, i've been here for 8 months and i finally made a stage).

i present, The Roost!

i've seen one other one where you fight in The Roost, but this is how i imagine it could/should work. this stage is also to accompany my Animal Crosser project i'm doing. i've been working on it for a while, and had the idea since i started the ACer.

yeah, it's going to be cool. i just need to figure out how to get the tools to work right in game. and i even moved the Pokemon Trainer.

i thought it would be cool to have them standing there. you can fight under the counter, but not on the floor to the sides. i was going to do a walk-off version, but i couldn't get the collision data to work right.

anyways, here's the download.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12274&Moderated=All

and check out my Vault for a few other Animal Crossing related things. [/advertisement]

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's a pity I can't find the material type that reflects.
Type 1 of Materials aparrently.....
how do I describe it....
It's like you can always see the inside of the model no matter where it's rotated.
IIRC, it's used mainly in backgrounds.

The other ones (0,4-9) seem to either make the model transparent or do nothing.

How do you get a model that shows refections like a mirror???

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Type 0 is 2-sided
Type 1 is 1 side
Type 2 is the other side
Type 3 is no sides (invisible)

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
hey mewtwo, i have a question, i puted a model of amy, and blaze in my new stage, but when the camera go near of amy/blaze the model desapear, do you know hox to fix that?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
No. I'm sorry ^^U

That's why the Blaze in my Crisis City stage is 2D u.u

Apparently, when you are able to see the 0,0,0 point, some imported models (those from winter games and some from mario kart wii at least) dissapear, and I don't know why yet.

We should research about it, by analizing the models. I did everything possible with brawlbox only (changing material / texture properties), so hexing is the next step ^^U

If I get a chance I will take a look to them again later. I still have the blaze model I was about to use in that stage if I'm not wrong.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I apologize for posting this here, but no one has noticed it in the help section and I know that this isn't a difficult question to answer:

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that certain files related to the Stage Selection Screen will cause a freeze if they are replaced by a file larger than they are in memory size. Unfortunately, I've not been able to locate where it was that I read this.

Can anyone tell me which(if any) files on the SSS may not be replaced by a file that exceeds the original file's memory size?

Thanks

EDIT: For clarification, I'm only interested in preview, icon, stage name and game name files.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Toddtj, all stages have a file size limit. If you try and make or port a stage over any stage you choose and it happens to crash, it may be because of file size issues. All stages have room in file size to go up or down. Just fiddle around with what stage can go over a stage you want. If you use a rel for a stage that is 4.4MB and try and use a rel to put it over FlatZone2 it will most likely crash due to file size issues. Using a rel is basically recreating the new stage over a new one, hence the reason a 4.4MB stage won't work on FZ2 but might work on NPC or WWR.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@toddtj What are you talking about? Just shrink the pics you'll use to the size of the original ones and it won't crash. You just can't use a 2000x1700 pic over a 176x176 slot

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
@toddtj What are you talking about? Just shrink the pics you'll use to the size of the original ones and it won't crash. You just can't use a 2000x1700 pic over a 176x176 slot
Frustration face indeed.
I awkwardly jammed "memory" in front of "size" every time I wrote it to make sure and avoid just such confusion...haha. The size that I am referring to is measured by bytes, not pixels :)

@M0nkUn1t:
I didn't realize that the stages themselves had limitations- I'll keep this in mind; however, the crash I experienced only occurred after I replaced files inside my common5. I edited stage previews, stage icons, stage names, game icons(for the SSS), and game names(for the SSS); because of this, I think that my problem is most likely related to one of these files, rather than the stage PACs.

I'm willing to extract every vanilla SSS file and compare file sizes, but I'm hoping to avoid pointless effort. Let me re-phrase my question/s so that there will be no more confusion:

Do SSS portraits have file size limitations?

Do SSS icons have file size limitations?

Do SSS stage names have file size limitations?

Do SSS game names have file size limitations?

BONUS Question: Is there a list of SSS file sizes somewhere(as opposed to me exporting each one using BrawlBox and viewing the file size manually)?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hi everybody.

You know, I made Fourside some time ago. I made it daytime, dusk, rain, and even flooded.

This is the next version of Fourside

I have to test it today, I didn't yet xD

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Why use Common5 when you can use sc_selmap?...

I'd avoid Common files if I were you. My Brawl has pretty much all kinds of hack except for item hacks (that means I have custom CSS and SSS) and I don't have any Common file.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Why use Common5 when you can use sc_selmap?...

I'd avoid Common files if I were you. My Brawl has pretty much all kinds of hack except for item hacks (that means I have custom CSS and SSS) and I don't have any Common file.
sc_selmap.pac is too picky about filesize. I imported it into my common5 and no freezes with it so far.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Well, I have a custom background in my SSS + Custom Icons + Custom Previews + Custom Stage Names + Custom Game Icons + Custom Series Icons. That doesn't sounds picky to me. =/

libertyernie

Smash Ace
You need to put stuff in common5.pac if you want it to work with Riivolution. And I probably use Riivolution half of the time (so I can select what I want enabled, etc.)

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Good news! Since we literally do nothing in my graphic design class I get an hour and a half to work on my stages.

Previews of the Wii stage (near completion)

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
@br3compactor - yeah that's the Brawl disc, the texture just doesn't look right in brawlbox.

@FrozenHobo - the disc is just in neutral position. During its animation it is inside of the wii and periodically pops out providing a platform.

I'm going to make a NES texture for it probably tomorrow.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Wait, are you asking me or are you restating what he said? If you are asking, then my answer is the same (the disc comes out through the disc slot not the top, it's just where it is in the picture because its XYZ coordinates are set at 0 in its non-animation state. In its animation it is lower and goes through the slot).

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea

Fourside is more accurate now I guess O.o
YES. THIS IS ALL MY NOSTALGIA-GOGGLED, OCD *** EVER WANTED.

Sorry, that's my second favorite not-in-Brawl Melee stage (my first being Mushroom Kingdom II). Now, if only someone would resize KTH's Kongo Jungle 64 and GameWatching's Yoshi's Island 64, I would be a happy, happy man. I want to make a program similar to fortwaffles' programs that would multiply the translation and scale bones in an MDL0 named "Node*" by an integer you would put in, to streamline the process.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Wait, are you asking me or are you restating what he said? If you are asking, then my answer is the same (the disc comes out through the disc slot not the top, it's just where it is in the picture because its XYZ coordinates are set at 0 in its non-animation state. In its animation it is lower and goes through the slot).
Yes. I always copy the first frame of the animation state to the non-animation state, and I was assuming you did as well.

Top Bottom