• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hope all the stages are ban-worthy, forcing the competitive scene to leave entirely.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Nah probably not. though i know some stages will but that's more for the casual crowd.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
But in any case, there WILL be always something to be complained about by the competitive scene. (-l3l-);

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a Rhythm Heaven-stage. And most of all I'm looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy-stages. Maaan, it makes me feel pumped now to even think about those ones.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
This makes me think. Will they keep in the stage Creator from brawl I think its extremely likely

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I would like to see the Pokemon World Championships arena be a stage...at least aesthetically. It could function like past Pokemon Stadium stages, or it could just be a plain stage. Maybe gym leaders or champions show up in the background to send out Pokemon to fight for short periods.

Whatever the case, it would be cool to have images on the screen in the same format as this but maybe with Smash characters instead of the trainers.

Edit: Forgot to mention it would be a good opportunity to include each region's gym leader or champion battle music.

Also, if special trainers like Blue or Cynthia appear, they will send out their signature Pokemon or any other Pokemon that would be on their team. Cynthia would obviously have Garchomp maybe causing collateral damage while Blue might have a Tyranitar that whips up a Sandstorm that slowly causes damage. Those are just examples.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm curious about what they will do for Yoshi and Ice Climbers. Maybe a Yoshi Touch and Go stage? As for Ice Climbers, I would like to see a ice castle/cave stage that is a little more intense then the previous ice climbers stages.

I imagine Wario will get a WarioWare Inc. 2 stage or even a Diamond City stage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's an old stage concept that I made several months back...

Rotohex

Rotohex Stage Icon

Stage Appearance

You fight on a hexagonal shaped battlefield, which will get filled up with hexes. At times, the hexes will disappear, which will lower the battlefield altitude. However, players need to be careful not to get squished by hex pieces, or else they'll get KO'd.

A cursor will also be moving around, which will rotate the hexes in an attempt to clear them.

Occasionally you'll see some glowing hexes. If they disappear, a bunch of hexes will slide down to the abyss that got made.

Players can be sent flying out of the Rotohex boundaries, so if the Rotohex playing field is filled up with hexes, players won't get squished by the playing field boundaries.

Regarding music, this stage has its own unique music, just like Hanenbow does. Its music can't be altered with My Music.

-------------------
Bonus

The player who is using the Wii U controller can control the cursor, meaning that while the Wii Remote users are fighting, the Wii U controller user can play Rotohex and try to mess up the fighters as well.

Control Pad: Move cursor
A button: Rotate hexes clockwise
B button: Rotate hexes counterclockwise

When this stage gets selected, a popup will appear, where you can choose to make the cursor move automatically or manually.

Automatic: The CPU will control the cursor. The Wii U controller will behave like the Wii Classic Controller when this option is chosen. If there's only one human player, and the controller being used is the Wii U controller, this option is chosen automatically.

Manual: The Wii U controller user will have full control of the cursor. This option can also be chosen if all the fighters are CPU players. However, if there's only one human player, this option can't be chosen if the lone player is using the Wii U controller. If the lone player is using any other control scheme, then this option can be enabled.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Because of how simplistic they are compared to the newer hardware, there really is no reason to not port all the stages from the past games in.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
They may have a pacman world stage as a nuetral from the previous xbox titles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New stages?

Mario series
Bowser's Castle
New Kingdom (like Mushroom Kingdom I and Mushroom Kingdom II but based on New Super Mario Bros. games)
Rainbow Road
Starship Mario
World 1 (like Mushroomy Kingdom but based on the first worlds in Super Mario All-Stars)

Donkey Kong series
Gangplank Galleon (like Hyrule Temple but the water level rises and lowers and the water temperature changes)
Jungle Hijinks (like Kongo Jungle in 64 and Melee but based on Donkey Kong Country Returns)

Yoshi series
Chocolate Island from Super Mario World
Nep-Enuts' Domain from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Wario series
Rice Beach from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
They need to make a Pushmo stage.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually, I would much rather see Sunset Shore as a Donkey Kong stage. That would look pretty cool :)

I also nominate Castelia (SP?) City and N's Castle!
Star and I actually made those 3 stage concepts a while back. lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a Mole Mania stage concept I made a while back for Muddy Mole.

[COLLAPSE="Stage is in Here"]
Okay, here goes my first promised attempt at a stage concept:

That's right, a Mole Mania stage for none other than Muddy Mole.

Stage Name: Jinbe's Farm
Stage Icon: A cabbage.

Layout:

__u__-----____J____-----__u__
.........l_______________l.........

Basically, it is a simple stage with walk off edges. Overall, the stage would showcase the Wii U's graphical capabilities, as the foliage, trees, and rolling hills in the background would be in an high definition autumnal setting. Based on my poorly shown layout, the top row of underscores are the basic ground of the stage. However, if you break the plots of tilled land (marked as ---s) then an underground path opens up, connecting the two plots.

Jinbe (Marked as J) realizes what happened after a period of time, and comes to the foreground to fix the plots. If you get in his way, you get minor damage from his hoe.

Cabbages, marked as "u", can be hit with a smash attack to uproot them. If you push them underground, they explode, leaving behind a healing item. This is a reference to Mole Mania's gameplay. This angers Jinbe, who comes to the foreground and chases whoever hurt the cabbage with his hoe. If he hits you, you take 20% damage and a bit of knockback. Jinbe can be defeated pretty easily, however. When defeated, he angrily returns to the background and starts to tend to his other crops in the background.

Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GFp23dF6I Mole Mania - Title Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yf3g_THRw Mole Mania - Forest Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80dmIbJhX0 Mole Mania - Beach Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTWVfN7ma0 Mole Mania - Snow Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlc43JuTdCk Mole Mania - Pipe Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDFstihFZY Mole Mania - Boss Battle Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTMW0XPZM1g Mole Mania - Final Boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShfrlIQ6mA Mole Mania - Credits Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYr0MYUaF-0 Mario Kart Wii - Moo Moo Meadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUoswjz79lo Wii Play - Charge! (SSBB Version)
[/COLLAPSE]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about a rolling western stage.

It's competely flat with no cliffs, just side to side kills.

It turns from day to night. At night the rock creatures walk from side to side in swarms and a lone turret in the background shoots at them.

You can be hurt by the rock creatures and the turret.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Didn't Sakurai state that he wanted to put hazards on every stage in an interview?
Second time I've seen this mentioned, do you happen to have the source?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Any source for this?

I hope that doesn't happen, and it probably won't.
Ya never know. But I remember Cartoon network Punch Time Explosion actually gave you the abilty to turn off hazards which was a godsend in that game because some stages were just to hardcore. It wouldn't be to outlandish to give option for hazard removal. And really hazards give the stages personality and humor.

CLOCKTOWN
The central hub for Majoras Mask. Time events could play a major part on this stage like the animal crossing stage in brawl. Imagine playing at night and seeing a UFO pick up a cow. or Playing during the morning and seeing a deku scrub protect his plot from the wild dogs. And who wouldn't wanna see the Happy Mask Salesman make some sorta appearance?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt stage.

Three main platforms are solid like the main platform in PictoChat. One tree on the middle platform holds four fall-through platforms. Ducks randomly fly around and they get shot. Stay away from ducks or you get shot and lose one stock. The score counts as a duck is shot.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
How about a rolling western stage.

It's competely flat with no cliffs, just side to side kills.

It turns from day to night. At night the rock creatures walk from side to side in swarms and a lone turret in the background shoots at them.

You can be hurt by the rock creatures and the turret.
I have an old Rolling Western stage I made a while back. I've updated some info and music now, but it may need some corrections still since I haven't played the game.

It's the Wild West as seen in Dillon's Rolling Western. A graphic-intensive sunset shines upon the stage, cloaking everything in a slight orange hue. Wind hauntingly blows across this desert, and tumbleweeds roll in the wind's direction. In the distance one can see a large mission perched upon a small hill outcropping with a small village surrounding it, as well as numerous natural rock formations and several armed towers presumably built by Dillon himself. Although the area in which players fight consists of your generic barren desert of cacti and dry ground, in the distance one can see short clumps of grass dotting the landscape as well as Scrogs munching on the grass.

The stage itself is located on a dirt path that can be seen trailing off from the stage area into the horizon. On both sides of the stage formations of limestone and granite rock poke into the stage - these outcroppings act as solid platforms.

The main gimmick of this stage is the day-night cycle. At day the stage is relatively calm. But at night, a random Grock - the rock creatures Dillon encounters in Rolling Western- enters and roams about the stage. If a player comes into contact the random Grock, a battle with multiples of them occurs! An "fence" of orange electric current surrounds the stage in a square formation, and the exclamation "Fight!" quickly pops on and off the screen. Then up to four Grocks herd into the stage.

The Grocks come in three varieties:

Minion - The smallest and most commonly encountered of the creatures, they remain docile unless provoked by a player. If a players contacts them, they attack back with a headbutt that inflicts minor damage. Up to three of these smaller Grocks can be present at once on the stage during a "Fight!" sequence.
Giant - These titans of rock are large enough that when they walk through the stage, they destroy any platforms they walk into! Much like the Minions, they only attack on contact, and even then they don't have to do much but shake a bit to deal a moderate amount of damage on players. If present, only one Giant Grock is on the stage at once.
Cannon - These two-legged rock beasts crouch down on their legs on the edges of the stage and fire cannons across the stage. These cannons explode on contact with players. If present, only up to one Cannon Grock can be present on the stage.

While the Grocks are entering the battlefield, Dillon's towers in the background will be firing at them. Players won't have to (and won't be able to) attack the creatures as the towers will shatter them into shards of rock over repeated strikes. In addition, whilst the Grocks are present, any Scrogs in the distance will run off in fear.

Some other minor gimmicks are present. On some areas of the ground, Manju Grass plants from the game will randomly sprout up and grow. If these plants are hit by either players or the Grocks, they explode in a gathering of leaves. They sprout back out of the ground after a duration of time. In addition, one can occasionally hear the mission's bell strike out a melody.

--- Stage Example ---
.............................___
........_____
_l____o__o____o____o__l_

___ = indicates ground floor
l = indicates where the "electric fence" appears during fights with the rock creatures
___ = indicate rock outcroppings that poke into the stage (a.k.a. usable platforms)
o = indicates a location where Manju Grass can randomly sprout up

Stage Name: The Rolling West
Stage Icon: Dillon's cowboy hat

--- Music ---

Italics = Indicate unlockable song

Dillon's Rolling Western - Melody (Outside of Town/Arma-Mode/In Town)

I envision the medley beginning with the Outside of Town theme and then transitioning into the more intense Arma-Mode theme with a drum fill at the 1:18 mark in Outside of Town. The Arma-Mode theme then ends with a final guitar chord and cymbal crash at Arma-Mode's 0:28 mark. The song then transitions into a desert-landscape-themed ambient sequence, with the sounds of wind and plucks of a banjo and more. During this sequence, the "flute" melody from In Town, 0:28 to 0:56, plays. At the end of the flute melody and ambient sequence, the acoustic guitar from the beginning of the Outside of Town theme kicks in and the song loops all over again.

Fossil Fighters - King Dynal Battle
Doshin the Giant - Time
Chibi-Robo - The Final Confrontation
Tin Star - Melody (Title Screen/Out in the West)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gritzy Desert
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima

And also the unlikely or impossible but still awesome choices of musics:

Mega Man 6 - Tomahawk Man's Stage
Red Dead Redemption - El Club de los Cuerpos

And a personal choice not from a video game:

A Light In The Dark - Outskirts

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's another old stage concept that I made...

ExciteBots

Stage Icon
N/A

Overview

ExciteBots is a scrolling stage, which takes place in five different regions. The regions include Mexico, Fiji, Egypt, China, and Kilimanjaro. There's also the bonus Nebula region, which can be unlocked.

Basically, like Mute City, the battlefield will move around and stop at various spots. However, players need to watch out for incoming ExciteBots, as they can heavily damage fighters upon contact. Fighters can't harm the ExciteBots at all, even though they can damage each other.

Six different ExciteBots are involved, which include...

1: Frog
2: Beetle
3: Ladybug
4: Bat
5: Turtle
6: Grasshopper

Wii U Controller Feature

This stage implements a feature that utilizes the Wii U controller. The player who is using the Wii U controller has the option to control any of the six ExciteBots, and race around the track, while the other players duke it out.

This option is optional to use, especially if only 1 human player is present.

If enabled, the Wii U controller user can choose the ExciteBot he/she wants to use. The controls for the bot will go as follows...

Button Actions
A: Use Item; press while going the wrong way to head back to the right direction.
B: Accelerate
Y: Hold while airborne, and tilt the Wii U controller to the left or right to do an Air Spin.
Control Pad /\: Boost

Motion-Sensing Actions
Steer: Tilt the Wii U controller left or right.
Red Bar: Move the Wii U controller in a circular manner until the bot releases the bar.
Yellow Bar: Move the Wii U controller away from you to release.
Flip Bar: Move the Wii U controller in a circular manner until you grab the bar again.
Song Rail: Raise the Wii U controller at the right time.
Crash: Shake the Wii U controller to recover.

If you're confused about the motion-sensing controls, refer to the various ExciteBots videos online. You're basically utilizing the exact same actions from that game.

If the Wii U controller feature is disabled, the ExciteBots will be controlled by the CPUs. If the lone human player is using the Wii U controller, the feature will always be turned off. However, in a CPU only brawl, the player can enable the Wii U controller feature in an attempt to mess up the CPU players.

All the elements that were used in the game are involved in this stage.

Track Select

After choosing your Wii U controller option, you can choose which track to battle on...

1: Mexico
2: Fiji
3: Egypt
4: China
5: Kilimanjaro
6: Nebula (unlockable)

Music

Music is determined by which track is chosen. However, some tracks, such as Mexico and China, may have unlockable songs, which originated from Excite Truck or ExciteBike: World Rally.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Might as well post my Ice Climbers stage concept here as well.

It's an ice cavern carved into the depths of Infinite Glacier, otherwise known as Icicle Mountain, the setting of Ice Climbers. The action takes places inside a large connecting chamber in Icicle Mountain's expansive tunnel system. Below the area where players fight is a gushing underground river. Behind the main platforms on this stage is first a mound of slippery ice, and then a steep ice wall into which several cavern entrances are carved. The stage's basic layout is pictured below.

The platforms on this stage are defined by a particularly deep blue color, in case you need to know. The various hazards and features of this stage, each marked as "H" on the stage, are as follows:

- Stalactites: These stalactites are hanging precariously from the top of the chamber. When a player is KO'd into the upwards boundary, a loud boom is heard, indicating that the player has "hit" the wall of the cave. Following this boom and KO, all of the stalactites will fall from the ceiling of the cave onto players below. If they hit an object mid-air or any of the platforms, they immediately shatter.
- Cavern Openings: These cavern openings dot the walls and ceilings of the cavern. Within these openings is utter darkness. The gimmick behind these features is occasionally, the Condor from Ice Climber will randomly swoop through one of these caverns into the background of the chamber, and then subsequently fly through another cavern opening and disappear again. While flying through the main chamber in which players fight, the Condor can grab with it's talons one of the creatures mentioned below.
- Creatures: On the mini ice mountain in the background, various Ice Climber enemies can be witnessed moving about. Seal Topi will climb up one side of the mountain to slide down the other. Yeti Topi will drop from up above the level and walk casually along the mountain. Polar Bears, with their pink shorts and ultra cool sunglasses (:cool:), will literally walk about and push the other Topi out of their way, sending those other Topi falling off the mountain. As noted above, these creatures can be snatched by the talons of the Condor as the Condor swoops through the cavern.
- Destructible Platform: The slanted platform as seen in the diagram is destructible and can shatter into shards of ices once destroyed.
- Underground River (Not Marked): An underground river gushes below the stage. It works much like Jungle Japes did in Brawl, in that it is very fast and hard to jump out of.

Hopefully the diagram helped you guys understand, and hopefully you enjoy.

Stage Name: Icicle Cavern
Stage Icon: Eggplant

--- Music ---

Italics - Indicate unlockable song

Mole Mania - Snow
Famicom Tantei Club 2 - Confession of a Murderer
Steel Diver - Title Screen
Balloon Fight - Bonus Round (ORIGINAL version, as heard in Melee as well)
Warlocked - Caves
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Icicle Mountain
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Ice Climber
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Balloon Trip
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Clu Clu Land

And songs that probably can't or will never happen, but should.

Megaman X - Chill Penguin (Snow Mountain Stage
Megaman X4 - Frost Walrus Stage 2 (Snow Base)
Secret of Mana - A Bell is Tolling (Ice Palace)

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I was very upset when they didn't include a Dinosaur Planet (star fox) stage in brawl. They finally had an amazing chance to make a star fox stage that wasn't just A ****ING SHIP, and what do they give us?

a ****en random ship. Does anyone know exactly what star fox game lylat cruise is from? is it assault? if so I don't recall. Anyways I guess my point is... It's too late now for them to make a dinosaur planet level.. so count on having another generic stupid ship level like Lylat again. Hopefully this time it wont give every seizures though.

I really hate Lylat.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All of this Namco talk has inspired me to work on a new project. It came out better than I thought it would, surprisingly. Of course, you can all probably guess what it is.

Everyone knows the picture, what more is there to say? The self titled stage, Pacman, plays upon a familiar sight to many gamers of all stripes. Just as with Mario Bros and 75m, Pacman takes a little piece of arcade history and transforms it into a Super Smash Bros arena.

The stage itself is comprised of five platforms in the shape of borders in the Pacman maze. To get a good idea of how this looks take a look at the below picture and start with the T platform as the central platform.

I think the picture is self-explanatory. Of course the platforms are going to be larger to fit the characters, and other alterations to the design make the stage more enjoyable instead of being a walled mess. You have one main island with two platforms floating on top, and two platforms out to the left and right, before leading into the KO boundary. Pellets align the black space in between platforms, and as characters touch and collect them, they add to a stage score much like the three items in 75m. The faster all of the pellets are collected, the faster they refill the stage. This is important for achieving a higher stage score. However, pellets aren't the only thing aligning the black space in between platforms...

Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde make their way through the stage collecting various fruit and treasure, continuing their never ending search for victory and fortune. If they touch a player they will deal damage, so it's best to avoid them. Just like in the Pac-Man games, they have a weakness, the Power Pellet. Now a Power Pellet will randomly appear in the middle of the stage on occasions, and touching it will cause the ghosts to become susceptible to attack. Seizing the opportunity adds an extra bonus to the stage score.

Racking up the stage score has it's benefits, once the score reaches a certain threshold, a prize will appear! Food of different variety will appear depending upon the stage score. Cherries, strawberries, apples, pears, pretzels, bananas and more; different food will heal whichever player grabs the reward. Cherries heal the least (2%), and pretzels heal the most (10%); everything else falls in between. Be sure to get the reward before it travels away.

As all of the many interactions with the stage occur, flashes of vibrant, neon color glow across the stage. Do not let this stage deceive you, it is not dull by any means.

Stage Example:
.............__...__
oo__xxxx______xxxx__oo

x* hole
o* ko boundary

Stage Name: Pac-Man
Stage Icon: 8-bit Pac-Man

-Music-
Pac-Man Vs. - Title Screen
Pac-Man Party - Main Menu
Pacman World - King Galaxian
Pacman World 2 - Scuba Duba
Pacman World 3 - Pacdot Maze
Pacman World Rally - Canyon Crusade
Namco Classic Collection 2 - Green World
Namco Classic Collection 2 - Toy Box World
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions - Quack Cookie
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX - BGM
Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness - Year Of The Pac
Mario Kart Arcade GP - Pacman Cup

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
BTW, I really liked the design for the Duck Hunt stage, ArcadeNik. Although I wouldn't kill a player's entire stock because of a silly duck, the image shows the potential for a very neat retro stage.

EDIT: And your Pac-Man stage too, Star, which you posted just as I posted.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was wondering where and what you were doing Star. lol

Can't really get a good feel for the stage layout (blame the maze), but I like the idea of having a jazzy stage like that. Am also loving the above song.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Might as well post my Ice Climbers stage concept here as well.

It's an ice cavern carved into the depths of Infinite Glacier, otherwise known as Icicle Mountain, the setting of Ice Climbers. The action takes places inside a large connecting chamber in Icicle Mountain's expansive tunnel system. Below the area where players fight is a gushing underground river. Behind the main platforms on this stage is first a mound of slippery ice, and then a steep ice wall into which several cavern entrances are carved. The stage's basic layout is pictured below.

The platforms on this stage are defined by a particularly deep blue color, in case you need to know. The various hazards and features of this stage, each marked as "H" on the stage, are as follows:

- Stalactites: These stalactites are hanging precariously from the top of the chamber. When a player is KO'd into the upwards boundary, a loud boom is heard, indicating that the player has "hit" the wall of the cave. Following this boom and KO, all of the stalactites will fall from the ceiling of the cave onto players below. If they hit an object mid-air or any of the platforms, they immediately shatter.
- Cavern Openings: These cavern openings dot the walls and ceilings of the cavern. Within these openings is utter darkness. The gimmick behind these features is occasionally, the Condor from Ice Climber will randomly swoop through one of these caverns into the background of the chamber, and then subsequently fly through another cavern opening and disappear again. While flying through the main chamber in which players fight, the Condor can grab with it's talons one of the creatures mentioned below.
- Creatures: On the mini ice mountain in the background, various Ice Climber enemies can be witnessed moving about. Seal Topi will climb up one side of the mountain to slide down the other. Yeti Topi will drop from up above the level and walk casually along the mountain. Polar Bears, with their pink shorts and ultra cool sunglasses (:cool:), will literally walk about and push the other Topi out of their way, sending those other Topi falling off the mountain. As noted above, these creatures can be snatched by the talons of the Condor as the Condor swoops through the cavern.
- Destructible Platform: The slanted platform as seen in the diagram is destructible and can shatter into shards of ices once destroyed.
- Underground River (Not Marked): An underground river gushes below the stage. It works much like Jungle Japes did in Brawl, in that it is very fast and hard to jump out of.

Hopefully the diagram helped you guys understand, and hopefully you enjoy.

Stage Name: Icicle Cavern
Stage Icon: Eggplant

--- Music ---

Italics - Indicate unlockable song

Mole Mania - Snow
Famicom Tantei Club 2 - Confession of a Murderer
Steel Diver - Title Screen
Balloon Fight - Bonus Round (ORIGINAL version, as heard in Melee as well)
Warlocked - Caves
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Icicle Mountain
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Ice Climber
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Balloon Trip
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Clu Clu Land

And songs that probably can't or will never happen, but should.

Megaman X - Chill Penguin (Snow Mountain Stage
Megaman X4 - Frost Walrus Stage 2 (Snow Base)
Secret of Mana - A Bell is Tolling (Ice Palace)
http://questionablesanity.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/wpid-jean-luc-picard-full-of-win-1.jpg?w=535

Also: Disaster: Day of Crisis stage

vicgur

Smash Ace
I don't know if I posted it in the old thread, before. But it's in my Tumblr. Take a look:

Sooo… How about a nice DK Mine Cart Level in Smash Bros.?

Firstly, it’s based on the famous mine cart levels in the DKCountry series. They’re really important in the series, being one of the main things people remember AFTER the obvious jungle levels.
You ride a longer version of this cart, filled with blue crystals, like in DKReturns:
…which acts as the main platform.

So, the level is really simple to explain:
  • It works like Big Blue.
  • But the track is NOT walkable. You’ll fall through it instead of falling ON it.
  • Jumps, obstacles and alternative tracks. Maybe Mole Train could appear to throw bombs at the stage. Like in the original games, the stage should be a little frantic.
  • From time to time, there should be another track, with a “platform-track” running over the main track. Kinda like what happens in Big Blue, but rustier.
  • That’s about it. The concept is really simple.

Now my favorite part… Let’s talk about MUSIC:
[COLLAPSE="MUSIC"]
So, as the stage is based on the most frantic levels in the series, the music should be frantic as well. Luckily, DKCountry has lots of good frantic songs[and some bonus “mine” songs…]:
[COLLAPSE="From DKC1:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="From DKC2:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="From DKC3:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="From DKCReturns:"]
Did anyone ever say DKCReturns doesn’t have good ORIGINAL music? Because it does!
[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]

And that’s that. Hope you like it. I don’t think the chances of having a stage like that for the DK franchise are very big, but a man can dream, at least…

Heck, I’d love to see it instead of the same old generic jungle we always had to accept.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Going to repost this from the old general thread.

So anyways, I think I mentioned a while ago about the idea to make a Yoshi stages based around essentially World 3 from Yoshi's Islands. You know have it be based off of Monkey's Favorite Lake or Nep-Enut's Domain.

Essentially there would be about two main platforms, with water on both sides and water in the middle separating them. Occasionally, a Nep-Enut would rise up from either the left, right or center, and act as a hazard slash barrier. You could swim in the water, and swim off the side, as well. In addition, there would be vines hanging down that could be climbed on, and occasionally would have Grinders (The Monkeys from Yoshis's Island) climbing on them and spitting watermelon seeds. Essentially the layout would be like this

--x-------------x-------------x--
____~~~~~___~~~~~____
oooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooo

The ___ is the surface of the water, the ~~~~ is basically the solid ground, and the x's are the vines. Of course the proportions would have to be adjusted.

Outside of the more obvious Yoshis's Island themes, I'm curious as to what others would consider good music choices for a stage like this.

Top Bottom