• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
you know i think i would've done better on norfair if i hadn't been talking to legan. oh well. thanks for putting up the good videos of me!

also, my voice sounds super annoying...DO I REALLY SOUND LIKE THAT? i'll probably never talk again. >_<
lol no the camera picks up highs and lows differently than a normal human ear does or something-- i sound weird on camera too hahaha.

Nicole

Smash Champion
lol no the camera picks up highs and lows differently than a normal human ear does or something-- i sound weird on camera too hahaha.
thank god.

also, BOOOOWWWWWjangles should watch (or just listen to) the third match of winner's finals. it's pretty great.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
thank god.

also, BOOOOWWWWWjangles should watch (or just listen to) the third match of winner's finals. it's pretty great.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You guys are hilarious. Just wanted to let you know that 1) saying BoJangles couldn't possibly be a distraction to me; I'm like Beetlejuice - I can do crazy stuff when my name is said. And 2) I want to see Legan's dance. :laugh:

Nicole

Smash Champion
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You guys are hilarious. Just wanted to let you know that 1) saying BoJangles couldn't possibly be a distraction to me; I'm like Beetlejuice - I can do crazy stuff when my name is said. And 2) I want to see Legan's dance. :laugh:
Yessss! Someone we talked about in the vids actually watched!

Also, Bojangles has moved up in "People I think are Awesome Power Rankings."

BBBOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWjangles!!!!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
omgkylewtfbbq
Lixi if you still want to play tomorrow I one of my exams is next week so I might be able to squeeze in a study break.
Nah can't make it, we'll just play Thursday and/or Friday.

Cook

Smash Master
Um, I think you're just trying to make Nicole feel better. The way you guys sound on camera is just how you sound in person; trust me, I've heard both! It's just that we hear our own voices a little differently, so we always think we sound weird when we hear ourselves recorded, but it sounds the same as it does to anyone else who hears us. Which is why I always think people stupid when they say I have a dumb voice, but then when I hear a recording of myself I realize that I actually DO sound stupid. I wish you guys could hear how I think my voice sounds...

MetalMusicMan

I don't think nicole sounds the same on those as she does in real life. corey also sounds lower while myself and nicole sound higher pitched.

the camera mic definitely doesn't pic it up the same, that's pretty normal unless you are using a vocal studio mic or something, it will sound at least slightly different.

Nuris

Smash Lord
All y'all whiteys sound annoying in person and on camera. Legan and I are the only ones who sound like complete badasses 100% of the time.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
my gee eff is driving me from pittsburgh back to st.louis in the beginning of may. What smash is going on between may 3rd to like may 10th?

Also, Legan sure is black and all.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Lixi and I will be playing at 8:00, probably at Eliot. I don't have Melee, but I guess we'll be practicing Brawl for Saturday.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Did you ever get your Melee data on your memory card restored, Phil? I might be able to swing by with a Melee disc if you guys are interested in playing.

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

MetalMusicMan

I really want to go to WHOBO but it's soooooo far away :(

So Anther's interview topic is up and he has some interesting things to say about Metaknight vs Pikachu and Falco.

anther said:
Once both chars are chars are over 100%, it's a whole lot easier for pikachu to get a kill on metaknight when he makes a mistake as opposed to the other way around. With upsmash, dsmash, uptilt to thunder, and thunder kills in general being pretty consistent with killing him. While on the other hand, his dsmash and shuttle loop just don't kill pika as low as you'd think they would.
(nananana boo boo I'm right).

anther said:
I think falco's rated too highly... I think it's too easy to avoid falco's kill moves
RIGHT AGAIN!

So Anther agrees with me, and ya'll still don't?!?!?!?!? SILLYNESS!!!!

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I really want to go to WHOBO but it's soooooo far away :(

So Anther's interview topic is up and he has some interesting things to say about Metaknight vs Pikachu and Falco.

(nananana boo boo I'm right).

RIGHT AGAIN!

So Anther agrees with me, and ya'll still don't?!?!?!?!? SILLYNESS!!!!
I think you might be confusing personal frustration with complaints about the game... or maybe that is just how it is with me. I can't speak for everyone

Top Bottom