• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
wait.. legan will **** us in melee teams?

whatre you gonna do? up b? lolololol

k so im not going to the brawl tourney on the 12th, I still may be coming into town (STL). If i do i'm playing with darkatma for sureeeee

oh random yeah i meant the KC tourney I would team with you.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol yeah
if you aren't brawling on the 12th we could do tourney sets
i gotta figure out which chars will work best in teams loll

also, **** peach vs ICs, I am using CF vs ICs from now on.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL there's not even going to be another IC player there. Except maybe Trail, in which case I guarantee you'll want to use Peach.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I believe id **** even Muba in Megaman X :chuckle:
and of course in Mario RPG, WHICH IS ON VIRTUAL COUNSEL NOW!!!!!! you all need to download it!!!!

darkatma

Smash Hero
would if i bought my wii over
though i've played it only about 14 times through..
5 were emulator times, the other 9 were actually on the snes

btw peach is my favorite char for some reason. i give her lots of atk power and a frying pan and the quartz stone :p

MuBa

Smash Lord
Pfft Virtual Console...who needs VC when you have the HomeBrew Channel? I got Mario RPG, MMX1,2,3, and other spiffy games without paying a Dime! YEYAHZ!!

Seriously guys, don't bother with VC, save money (Even though the game's like $8 =/)

Install the Homebrew Channel and you'll end up getting sooo much more with the same quality games for FREE.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Pirating video games?

NEW AND EXCITING.

*Falcon Punches's MuBa's Wii*

Stop giving the Homebrew Channel a bad name. They come out with a perfect homemade development tool and you go and use it to pirate SNES games... gimme a break.

MuBa

Smash Lord
...says the person who has the homebrew channel in his Wii....

It's my Wii, I get to do whatever I want with it so nya.

edit: I'm playing Contra 3: The alien Wars on my wii using the HBC channel. w00t!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
...says the person who has the homebrew channel in his Wii....
...of course I have the homebrew channel on my Wii; I said you give it a bad name, not that it is bad. I use it for *homebrew*, as it was designed for, not piracy. Just today I was using it to analyze fall speeds and some other things in brawl frame-by-frame. I use tools provided to me as a mean of respecting the games I love.

It's my Wii, I get to do whatever I want with it so nya.
Not when "whatever you want" is illegally pirated software...

edit: I'm playing Contra 3: The alien Wars on my wii using the HBC channel. w00t!
To you, games are a diversion; you gain more psychological satisfaction from the sense of authority you feel they grant you than from the actual mechanics or aesthetics of the games themselves.

Look at Geno talking about SMRPG, and contrast that with yourself. He is speaking fondly of memories, a mix of thought and emotion so strong that he wants to revisit them; he wants to walk into Rose Town, and feel giddy with fear when that townsperson runs up and is hit by an arrow. He can see in his mind, going into the inn, the entire cutscene, battling through the forest... He can hear the music, he sees the characters running and dodging... An experience so profound that it has not just shaped him as a person, but become ingrained in his identity.

These gifts of human consciousness you view as commodities. Such perspective cannot sustain them; visions will lay dormant when there is none to dream them. My industry will live on however, as for every ten Mubas there are one hundred Genos. People around the world will wake up and play Spore, join servers as CTs and buy Scouts, organize raids and do some serious aggro, download Braid, speed-run MGS4, play Portal for the first time... The games are not yet done.

Oh, and Geno, just use Mellow to heal; thunderbolt doesn't work well at all against Bowyer.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Have you guys heard of this Napster thing? It's pretty neat, I can just, like...download Metallica albums. Without paying!

If I could teleport to the KC thing, I'd team with Treppy.

Everyone on my campus is bad at melee and brawl. I have some local tournies to win so I can get some...uh...hugs? I have no idea what you get for winning things here.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
so did u guys hear about that 16 yr old girl who got fined like $3000 or something for downloading 6 illegal songs on limewire :) it made my day

MuBa

Smash Lord
To you, games are a diversion; you gain more psychological satisfaction from the sense of authority you feel they grant you than from the actual mechanics or aesthetics of the games themselves.

Look at Geno talking about SMRPG, and contrast that with yourself. He is speaking fondly of memories, a mix of thought and emotion so strong that he wants to revisit them; he wants to walk into Rose Town, and feel giddy with fear when that townsperson runs up and is hit by an arrow. He can see in his mind, going into the inn, the entire cutscene, battling through the forest... He can hear the music, he sees the characters running and dodging... An experience so profound that it has not just shaped him as a person, but become ingrained in his identity.

These gifts of human consciousness you view as commodities. Such perspective cannot sustain them; visions will lay dormant when there is none to dream them. My industry will live on however, as for every ten Mubas there are one hundred Genos. People around the world will wake up and play Spore, join servers as CTs and buy Scouts, organize raids and do some serious aggro, download Braid, speed-run MGS4, play Portal for the first time... The games are not yet done.

Oh, and Geno, just use Mellow to heal; thunderbolt doesn't work well at all against Bowyer.
I don't care about the effect it had on you, or who you find is worthy, I just said that I played Contra 3: The Alien Wars.

Edit: Also, you and Legan better come to tonight's smashfest so we can talk about the tourney.

Edit 2: Btw what tool do you use in the HBC to get frame data?

darkatma

Smash Hero
btw does anyone who isn't brawling tonight wanna play melee?
just trying to keep up my tech skill, and i wanna improve my falcon

also does anyone have recording equipment i can borrow? i wanna get back into recording matches

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey guys, my brawl fest is still on for 5pm, but I'm going to see a doctor at 3:30pm for whatever is wrong with my throat. I can't even speak I can only whisper, I'm sure some of you remember me coughing constantly the last few times you saw me. So yeah, hopefully they will fix whatever the **** is wrong with my throat.

I should be back by 5pm, but if I'm not, my roommate Seth will be here and he is smashing, so just come over at 5pm anyway.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Hey guys, my brawl fest is still on for 5pm, but I'm going to see a doctor at 3:30pm for whatever is wrong with my throat. I can't even speak I can only whisper, I'm sure some of you remember me coughing constantly the last few times you saw me. So yeah, hopefully they will fix whatever the **** is wrong with my throat.

I should be back by 5pm, but if I'm not, my roommate Seth will be here and he is smashing, so just come over at 5pm anyway.
I believe that's pronounced as "loosing your voice".

I have no way of coming over unless someone wants to give me a ride, which no one will do even if you pay them for gas and you only live a little bit away kind of by kister but it's actually off of Towers......

lul, I'll be there friday after work and saturday if you are still playing then.

Legan

Smash Lord
I believe that's pronounced as "loosing your voice".

I have no way of coming over unless someone wants to give me a ride, which no one will do even if you pay them for gas and you only live a little bit away kind of by kister but it's actually off of Towers......

lul, I'll be there friday after work and saturday if you are still playing then.
Why dont you ask MMM to pick you up on the way from the doctors?

Teh Future

Smash Master
but but I sent it like 12973189723 times, and every time it was liek omg message not sent.

and then I called you and it was like hkjasda and then the message disapeared so I don't know what it said... lol

Edit: ok yeah wtf it was my phone... It can still do everything.... just not call or text message people...

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
well i've called you like 3 times and you never answered-- so if you want me to pick you up i need to get your address somehow because your phone is not getting my calls to you.

Teh Future

Smash Master
well i've called you like 3 times and you never answered-- so if you want me to pick you up i need to get your address somehow because your phone is not getting my calls to you.
I never answered becasue my phone is broken... It's almost like I just said this lol.

I don't know I'm trying to get ahold of my mom to make sure she can pick me up, I don't want to walk home...

Edit: Well it was fun while I was there, although I didn't stay very long. that's my fault though for still being in high school. Thanks for the ride MMM, and have fun in Indian ah (use samus) imo.

Legan, as long as you don't face any snakes you pwn nubzors. Toga I only played you my first match, and you beat me with C. falcon lol.

Good luck :)

MuBa

Smash Lord
Dude I played Melee for the first time in 700 years and all I have to say is : DOCTOR MARIO CAPE AND BACK AIR FTW!!!!!!!!!!

After I get back from the Brawl tourney I'm soooo gonna play Melee it's not even funny.

Also we need to confirm where should we all meet up and leave.

According to Legan - Thinkaman won't be done with class till 4 PM.

edit: futurewrestler - If you can't call or text message, then that means your phone bill hasn't been paid or the company hasn't received the money yet.

Teh Future

Smash Master
edit: futurewrestler - If you can't call or text message, then that means your phone bill hasn't been paid or the company hasn't received the money yet.
Actually, I used the magical cure of taking out the battery and putting it back in and it works just fine now....

Legan

Smash Lord
Alright guys, WTON is 1 day away and we need to get this shiz organized.

If deku isnt coming now and MMM's roomate isnt coming then it looks like we can all ride in 1 car. I think it would be best if MMM would just come out to Wash U and we all leave from there. I still need to get in touch with Kyle and figure out when hell be able to leave. We might not be able to get out until around 4 or 5, so well probably end up missing the smashfest and crewbattles. On the brightside, Togas supposed to be setting up his car so we can play smash on the way there =D. Muba your you need get a ride out to Wash U as well.

Top Bottom