• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
I've never been into Japanese RPGs, so I didn't even know where geno was from.

*raises flame shield*

either way snes >>> everything.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Dude the tourney was awesome. I don't see how you guys found Brawl to be "boring" or "slow." The metagame is proving that MK can be beaten.

Oh and btw, Meta Knight didn't win the tourney.

Pikachu did (Anther FTW!!)

Also Legan, Thinkaman, MMM, and Toga, good job on representing STL.

Legan

Smash Lord
Dude the tourney was awesome. I don't see how you guys found Brawl to be "boring" or "slow." The metagame is proving that MK can be beaten.

Oh and btw, Meta Knight didn't win the tourney.

Pikachu did (Anther FTW!!)

Also Legan, Thinkaman, MMM, and Toga, good job on representing STL.
Thanks, I have to agree the tournament was awesome and we totally put STL on the map.

Did anyone do teams or just Thinkaman and legan?

And also did anyone play sliq? lol bowser and gannondorf.
Yea I played Sliq alot, His bowser gave me alot more trouble than his ganon. I only beat his bowser one time, even though I wasnt trying very hard, Ganon and bowser are actually very good characters when played correctly. The same goes for Link and jiggs as me & kyle proved. I also took a match off needle of juntah(Yea best midwest G&W btw) and got him down to 1stock 60% in brackets with link. The meta game game is evolving so rapidly, once we attend some more tournaments I think we are going to scare the **** out of people.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Good times at the tournament all, I'm really sad that I got ***** in pools like a noob, but what are you gonna do versus Lain, Big C, and Rook except get *****? :(

Overall it was a great tourney and I had fun pwning and getting pwned and whatnot. Friday night was the best for me because I got to play so many people and learn so much.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Muba brings up an interesting topic; I am interested in how you guys think Melee compares to Brawl. We should talk about it some more, since I don't think we have ever talked about Melee vs. Brawl. That would be super duper.

But seriously, Legan, those videos are amazing. Everyone should watch them.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
Legan that is a beastly Link. Do you guys know any smashers on the saint louis university campus? I have no one to play with and i feel my skill diminishing.

my e-mail is oslinhoney@yahoo.com if anyone wants to play (melee preferred, but not above brawling)

MetalMusicMan

Hey Legan, dude, is your dog free anytime later this week? I think me and her really hit it off the first time we met, and I'd like to see if I can take things to the next step.

I mean, she's a really great kisser and she's got a great body, but I also really respect her mind, you know?

Give her my number for me, will you? Thanks man.

P.S. I hope this doesn't have a negative effect on our friendship.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Lol at MMM

and to Shazbot, Tony (aka, TTT) goes to SLU, I believe hes temporarily in Africa right now though.

and c'mon Muba..... Thinkaman is obviously just messing around. I think the last thing we want to have started is another brawl vs melee argument.

BTW where did you hear M2k quit melee?

MuBa

Smash Lord
and c'mon Muba..... Thinkaman is obviously just messing around. I think the last thing we want to have started is another brawl vs melee argument.

BTW where did you hear M2k quit melee?
Oh I knew Thinkaman was being sarcastic.

And look at the KC tournament pages, M2K himself stated that he basically quit Melee. Could be cuz of college or whatnot but I haven't seen him say anywhere in the Brawl discussion boards about him quitting Brawl.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
And look at the KC tournament pages, M2K himself stated that he basically quit Melee. Could be cuz of college or whatnot but I haven't seen him say anywhere in the Brawl discussion boards about him quitting Brawl.
I don't understand what you are trying to say, or how it remotely affects us in the slightest...

Edit: Speaking of which, did u guyz know that ken is on survivor?

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
HOLY **** KEN IS ON SURVIVOR

Dude, Legan, you might be my favorite Brawl player. You need to truly pick up Toon Link, and you need to work on your mind games a bit more. But other than that, you are gonna carry Link 2 da top!

Also, judging by your stage, you were playing smash brothers way past your bedtime. Shame on you.

darkatma

Smash Hero
M2k:
I basically quit melee, I haven't played in so long and mom doesn't want me to travel during college (since I have class Mon-Fri) cuz she's uptight about that so idk if im gonna go, (if I get caught I'm screwed) probably not we'll see. I doubt I'm good anymore though lol
I bet he's gonna be entering anyways. just look at the context of the paragraph lmao

even if he doesn't go, that'd be cool, it'd be nice to have someone else win a big tourney for once.
I don't think mango, being a jiggs main, will place as well as he did in pound.

All the same though, kyle you should go to KC just to meet the mango

I think just to practice for the tourney, i'll be using sheik exclusively for the next month or so :p

oh yeah new person, you can come over to WashU to play me sometime ( I have a lot of time), I'll **** you in melee like it's srs business :p
/end cockyness

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Correction atma:

"/end truth"

But yeah, meeting mango would be cool, but I don't know if it would be "drive 4 hours cool". He'd probably rest-KO me at 0% (IRL) for liking brawl.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I don't have a problem with driving as long as I don't get scrunched uncomfortably.

But darkatma, give me some time and I will make sure that my Doc's going to give you a hard time. And that goes for the rest of STL crews >=)

(Btw I was kidding about not playing Melee, that game's too g00d!)

Also is anyone going to have a smashfest anytime soon?

darkatma

Smash Hero
But darkatma, give me some time and I will make sure that my Doc's going to give you a hard time. And that goes for the rest of STL crews >=)
I eat [bad] docs for dinner
:p

Bad being anything less than Bob Money and Homemadewaffles, the latter of which placed 4th in a tourney with Lucky, Zhu, and Luninspectra as the top 3, and other really awesome people like atlus in top 7.

edit:
if i were a ******** like Neighborhood P, I'd say something along the lines of "$100 MM?" while hiding halfway across the country and expecting to never play the matches out.
But i don't have that much confidence OR money to throw around.

Teh Future

Smash Master
awesome matchups Legan, fun to watch as always. And yeah someone needs to host a smashfest soon, as I'm getting a car FO SHO in about 3-4 days.

MetalMusicMan

I might be hosting tomorrow... but I'm not sure, because this ****ing cough is even worse now, I don't get it. I'm all like, gagging and ****. I think I have AIDs or something. I think Legan's dog has been sleeping around on me :(

Legan

Smash Lord
I might be hosting tomorrow... but I'm not sure, because this ****ing cough is even worse now, I don't get it. I'm all like, gagging and ****. I think I have AIDs or something. I think Legan's dog has been sleeping around on me :(
>=) my plans falling into motion. Good job keeping up your rep, you were past due for another creepy comment :D.

yeah he ran off twice in the 2nd vid
jk legan you're pretty good

and i was wondering same thing for housing
thank you sir

Legan

Smash Lord
=( 2-0, Hes gunna uploads the vids tommorow. They're still pretty epic. Overswarm completely reinvented his ROB and now it's not that campy anymore, it's pretty badass.

Top Bottom