• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lmao doing 100 man melee 36ish times musta been super fun.
This might sound silly, but I did that and All Star with every character within the first week; that's what I did to learn the movesets/hitboxes and judge the knockback ratios of the attacks.

darkatma

Smash Hero
more like it's a bit silly that you did all that in the first week
does darkrain still play any melee? SS is still amazing at melee, but i don't think he brawls much because falcon sucks and snake is unoriginal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lmao doing 100 man melee 36ish times musta been super fun.
It's actually not that bad. It only sucked with a few characters *coughsoniccough* and it only took me about two days to do it with everyone. The items really help and if you get a good pokeball or assist trophy you're pretty much guarenteed to clear it unless you screw up horribly.

"Honestly, you're talking to guy who played Melee almost religiously until Brawl came out despite most of his friends lossing interest in 2003"

You're kewl.
Never claimed I was. Because of the Gamecube's lackluster releases, Melee was practically the only game I played during 2003 and 2005. When you clock in more than 1,000 hours on a game from mostly playing by yourself, you've basically hit a new low. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy Brawl so much; I finally have people to play against that aren't relatives or friends who only play Smash every blue moon.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Well if anyone wants to play today, mah dude legan's hosting, you can start coming around 4 if you want/can. His address is 1520 Washington ave downtown st louis, he lives in a 15 story loft, and his phone # is 269-267-8149, I hope you people show, but we don't expect anyone to show at all basically since people are at FAST.

Legan

Smash Lord
Tru that, St louis is looking wacker everyday. Im just gunna go see the Dark Knight instead now. Mayb you guys could get somethin goin tommorow. I wont get my hopes up tho.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So like, if I clocked in 3, 241 hours by playing it alone, do I need help? CUZ I MEEN TEH USELESS TEK SKILLZLEZ DUN COME OUTTA NOWHEER.
I played mostly Adventure, Classic and Event mode. From the sound of things, you probably mostly played VS Mode and actually had a decent amount of competition thus giving you a reason to improve your technical skill. I had LV 9 computers, you know, the ones that would pretty much let you destroy their shields if you spammed projectiles and smash attacks? Not a great source of inspiration when it came to improving myself.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I played mostly Adventure, Classic and Event mode. From the sound of things, you probably mostly played VS Mode and actually had a decent amount of competition thus giving you a reason to improve your technical skill. I had LV 9 computers, you know, the ones that would pretty much let you destroy their shields if you spammed projectiles and smash attacks? Not a great source of inspiration when it came to improving myself.
No I'm saying I played 3000+ hours alone, yes against lv9's, and yes in 1-p mode. To improve your technical skill you do not need humans to play. To learn how to use it in a match you need humans, thats why when i first started playing people I just did random flashy **** and ended up suiciding more then a ****** on crack.
This is what happens when we all start to depend on Geno for smashfests....
If, only if I had my own place, trust me, there would be smash in stl every other day lmao.

Oh and I'm gonna see Dark Knight tomorrow so yea I'm not gonna be playin tmw anywayz.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
My apartment is always open for smashing, folks. No parents, no annoyances :p

I'm up till like 1-2am most nights anyway and I'm home by 6pm or 7pm at the latest. My TV is a 42" LCD so it's pretty nice with HD component cables, but I do need extra wii's and TVs since that's the only one I have.

I have room for a decent amount of people, Geno and Sam have been there so I guess they can comment on it.

If anyone wants to Brawl it up tomorrow night or any night, I'm down. Large venue or 1 on 1.

--Will

Legan

Smash Lord
Im down for some brawl today. Im could definately use the practice before i start attending the michigan biweeklys. Wheres the venue?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
To be fair, it was Spring Break. The over-abundance of free time with no one around could not have been better timed.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
*holds smash*
Kyle, you need to turn your phone on, man, I can't get a hold of you. Anywayz, I am off until Wednesday, and I'm willing to drive to Paducah on Monday night if you want to play. I have my boy until six o'clock, but after that I can go. Call me at 618-694-3813.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
Dayum stl is super lame smash wise, theres like a **** load of people living here, and barely any that smash, wtfffffffff. If i could drive I'd be playin everyone everywhere(in stl).
I will be home for good in about three weeks. I will try to play as much smash with as many people as possible. Also, if there are ever any real tournies in the area, count me in.

Teh Future

Smash Master
How long do you guys plan on playing?

I work tonight but I live like 5 mins. away from MM and I have a car tonight so I could be there anywhere from 11-12 if you guys are going late.

Edit: I saw the 1-2AM, so I should be there about 11-12. I'd bring a TV+Wii, but I think it'd be a little late by then huh?

Regardless, I'm bringing SSB64 :D

I'll post again if I'm not coming for whatever reason.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol I'm trying to get my brother and his friends to come.

My brother said:

"lul bc we dont want to be ***** and were goin ta play halo too and drink."

Guess he's not coming?

Whatever, I might hang out with them if not many people show up at MMM's.

I'll check on here after I get off work.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Kyle, you need to turn your phone on, man, I can't get a hold of you. Anywayz, I am off until Wednesday, and I'm willing to drive to Paducah on Monday night if you want to play. I have my boy until six o'clock, but after that I can go. Call me at 618-694-3813.
Much apologies, but my phone was destroyed by a rouge Ike player. It happens.

But yeah... I'd be all upons any smash at my house, any time. you can pretty much always get ahold of me on MSN, I run that AIM account through Trillian too so I can catch people there.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Just got home, doors are open to smashing!

If you are bringing lots of people try to bring a tv and a wii if possible, so far it looks like Legan is a go (leet link melee dittos at genos a while back, props to you!)

Hopefully we get a decent turn out!

Top Bottom