• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

SamDvds

Smash Ace
all registered here! geno, what did u put down for a team name? i didn't know what to put so i just said see your registration

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I live in St. Louis too. I know Zig-Zag only, we played melee once at Bill Key's apartment and you definitely beat me. Anyway, I have been playing ALOT of brawl and have decided to take it much farther than I did Melee. So I guess keep me posted on tournaments and whatnot. Do they even have them in St. Louis? I have never seen on in the tournament listings forum. Sounds like some of you are pretty hardcore and drive to alot of this stuff. Also, who plays on wifi regularly? Cuz I am on quite a bit (altho I can't play for about 2 weeks cuz I'm in DC atm).

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Hi. I live in St. Louis too. I know Zig-Zag only, we played melee once at Bill Key's apartment and you definitely beat me. Anyway, I have been playing ALOT of brawl and have decided to take it much farther than I did Melee. So I guess keep me posted on tournaments and whatnot. Do they even have them in St. Louis? I have never seen on in the tournament listings forum. Sounds like some of you are pretty hardcore and drive to alot of this stuff. Also, who plays on wifi regularly? Cuz I am on quite a bit (altho I can't play for about 2 weeks cuz I'm in DC atm).
When we have a smashfest at geno's, anyone is free to come over normally. This week is FAST week however.

SPEAKING OF

Since the loki twins seemingly dont have aim, and since geno or sam are never on aim, I have no way of figuring this stuff out.

Okay, so allegedly...

Geno
Sam
Random
Loki #1
Loki #2
Zig Zag

are whose going, yes? That's 6. That means we need a van with 7 spots, or we need two cars. If we have a van with 7 spots, overswarm wants to know if he could come with us. I'm not sure what to tell him considering I dont know where...anyone even is. I assume we're at least all registered though, right?

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
are there any tournaments in the area ever? it seems like STL would have all kinds of stuff but i never see them listed on the tournament forums or in the midwest regional section.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Did anyone figure out the vehicle situation while I was at work yesterday?
Also, Josh is confirmed.
I have 1 more shot at getting a large car, ill see what I can do.
If Overswarm wants to come, we might be able to squeeze him in the van, that is if we end up taking it.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
are there any tournaments in the area ever? it seems like STL would have all kinds of stuff but i never see them listed on the tournament forums or in the midwest regional section.
St. Louis used to have more tournaments in the days of Melee; they'd be held at game shops like Dragon King, B&B, or Gathering Grounds.

But for some reason Brawl has killed the local tournaments.

Where in St. Louis do you live?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
if I cant get this other car i guess we have to =\.

Just in case no one figured this out, but I'm not going to be the only one driving.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Well he did say no when I asked him unless he changes his mind or something. I'd suggest whoever is going to FAST should all at least get on AIM and talk in a group. And btw, isn't KC going with you guys?

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
I'm from west county, chesterfield to be specific. i got a few more weeks on my lease up at Truman, but after that i hope to meet a bunch of you. so you guys play with overswarm?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
don't know why people assumed I was holding something tonight. I don't believe I posted anything anywhere about that.

Also, for the trip gas is going to be roughly $60 round trip if my calculations are correct.

thats not counting the 2 hour drive from the house to the venue.

We are going to have to leave real early on Monday the 14th so be at my place my 7am

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Everyone pretty much has to get to my place Sunday night.

Guessing Random is going to bring Zig
Sam will either be dropped off or we'll pick her up the day we leave.
Loki twins is there anyway you can get dropped off Sunday night?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Also if your going to be at my place the night before bring a sleeping bag!! theres really no place to sleep and we can leave the sleeping bags at my house till we get back from Florida so they dont take up to much room.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
To the ppl who live in Ballwin and St. Peters, definately. Where do ZigZag, Geno, and these fabled loki twins live? And I'm gathering that there basically are no St. Louis area tournaments. What could we do to change this?

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
There were regular B&B game tournaments in Eureka and several others until Brawl came out. I guess the scene has just died down ever since.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
To the ppl who live in Ballwin and St. Peters, definately. Where do ZigZag, Geno, and these fabled loki twins live? And I'm gathering that there basically are no St. Louis area tournaments. What could we do to change this?
Loki and Bozzar (the twins) live in Chesterfield also, near Olive/Clarkson and 64 W.

Zig-Zag! said:
Then why are there 348573458973489 Brawl tournies all happening AT THE SAME TIME?

It just took a bit for everyone to learn the new game /obvious
Brawl killed Smash in St. Louis, but you're right that people still turn out for it elsewhere. Just today I was at a tournament with Chad and Iori, in Nashville. There were like 30 people there and they were even worse than the people in Kansas City.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
dont use yahoo maps use mapquest. ive asked 2 more ppl who live in florida and they all say sanibel is like 3 and a half hours from orlando

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
ok, loki twins. this is my official announcement that we are practically neighbors. from the description given above, you could very literally live in my neighborhood. I'm in chesterfield farms, right across from Ascension. where do y'all usually meet for the weekly smashfests?

also, BRAWL DID NOT KILL SMASH! the game is more balanced now, and the game finally has more than just a handful of legit characters. the game is growing, we just have to help it. maybe we should start calling up some of these locations where the melee tournies used to be?

It sounds like STL has been a big force in smash, I see no reason for that to change. Overswarm himself thanks "the city of STL" for his inspiration in mastering smash. Also, what about tournaments run from home? I mean, a carefully run basement tournament can be alot of fun until something more official comes up, but at least it can pull everyone together for now.

Top Bottom