• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I did feel bad for Thinkaman though. These guys drew a funky bracket so that I essentially got a bye but Kyle had to play Toga in the second round.
<bracket johns go here>

But yeah, if I'm taking over the so-called Smash Club next year, I might try to break the tradition of a having one meeting per semester. We also might be able to bug SU for more events, which would be better organized. (Not that last night was terrible or anything, certain other tourneys I won't name showed me what a bad tourney is like... :p)

Props to toga and lixi! And for the lulz, one of my friends said a person on his hall was complaining about "some skinny mutha-****** named kyle who didn't know what character to play"... and some other random person said "Wait, you mean that crazy jigglypuff kid?"

Ecks-freakin'-Dee

Masky

Smash Master
So I was at the Brawl tournament on WU last night and took 3rd place as Ness. It was really fun. Wish I could play you all again (especially the IC and Metaknight players who owned me D: ) but I was only visiting and don't live in the area. ):

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on the winnings, Toga and Lixivium. We would have joined in, but we were playing Melee down the street! :chuckle:

There were similar complaints in my building, Kyle. A friend talked about being knocked out by a guy who asked him "Which character should I play?" I figured it was you. It would be cool to have a more active Smash Club next semester.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind helping with the organization of smash related stuff next year :p
I've co-hosted 2 smash tournies so far, so I'm pretty confident in the logisitics, the timing, and such.
And how to work Nealdt's Tio. That thing is the most amazing piece of tournament organizing technology ever created.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I will probably head out on the 8th to escape before deku returns to rule his kingdom with a tyrannical fist. I might come back if zig decides to lead an uprising and liberate the place.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I'll be back sometime around the 9th or 10th or something as well.

I've already planned a trip to see Darkrain on the weekend of the 23rd.

TTT

Smash Journeyman
I'll be here until i dam well please....eh prob til late may then i won't see u guys again for awhile.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
ah yes we must. Alas, noble Josh is far gone and will not return in time for battle. The two of us will have to hold him off for the time being.

treppy

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, Gaysian here!

I picked up Brawl today and I'm dismayed to report that my copy is damaged. I saw this one guy named "DBR" play, and mine is nothing like his.

I'm returning the game tomorrow and seeking a full refund.

More to come as this develops...

darkatma

Smash Hero
lolwut
treppy are you st louis?
Any type of asian> lack of asians :p
*says the guy from 70% asian school* (like 50% chinese/korean/etc :p)

this one guy named 'DBR' must be very multifaceted indeed :p He can manifest himself in 7 different ways as Indian, Caucasian, and Asian (Bob$ \ Hella, Sidefx, Germ, King, Zelgadis \ SS)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
As a rule of thumb, the ratio of Brawl to Melee equals the ratio of Thinkaman to Random.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Exactly. If a tree falls in the woods, and Thinkaman and Random aren't there to hear it, will Geno and pals play Melee or Brawl?

The world may never know.

Jeff, this causes for investigation, gaysian invasion style.

treppy

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. If a tree falls in the woods, and Thinkaman and Random aren't there to hear it, will Geno and pals play Melee or Brawl?

The world may never know.

Jeff, this causes for investigation, gaysian invasion style.
You know what that means!

SUIT UP!

[cue 1980's style montage featuring Kyle looking supremely clueless and Jeff wearing a kimono]

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Mora just called and said she's been busy with school work and has had no time for smash...and probably wont until finals are over :ohwell:

Top Bottom