• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MuBa

Smash Lord
What you finish your school in two years?

That's, uh...unusual.

I mean we get up to 5-6 weeks and even that seems excessive. I don't know how you plan on spending your time.
Well here's the thing. Our MD program is 16 months (also our breaks are only 18 days) long and I think for you guys it's about 24. So a lot of the stuff we're learning is more quantitative than qualitative. So I guess to refine everything we learned in such a short time, we may have to spend a bit more time.

Also I assume that you guys have USMLE reviews built in your MD curriculum. Or perhaps a longer, qualitative program.

Edit: If I can get a chance to see you again, I'll show you some amazing drawings Dr. Frank (one of our professors) made to remember things. It's awesome.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that, like most of us, he is fitting months of trolling in to a very short period of time

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Kyle for the love of god... where are you? will we ever see you again? why do you keep ignoring me when i ask these things!?!?!?!?!?!!?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Oki thx for the info David.

btw binyan what's ur problem with me anyway?
nothing. i'm just EXTREMELY jealous of your ridiculous musculature, you know, the one you showed geno after you said you had been working out.

and your ability to procure shotgun every time because of your "back problems"

and that on a scale of 1-10 you're the basis for a 10

and your amazing talent at johning

and that your smasher tag rhymes with aruba

and that you use other people's actual names as if you knew them, even though you dont

i could go on if i had time, but i have a test in an hour :p

TBH, i don't hate you at all. I just like trolling
trolling people called muba.

Nuris

Smash Lord
He's like a real-life bully, someone who doesn't actually have beef with anyone, but pokes fun of everyone until he gets a response. Once he gets that response he continues to prod that person for teh lulz.

Or what he said.

MuBa

Smash Lord
nothing. i'm just EXTREMELY jealous of your ridiculous musculature, you know, the one you showed geno after you said you had been working out.

and your ability to procure shotgun every time because of your "back problems"

and that on a scale of 1-10 you're the basis for a 10

and your amazing talent at johning

and that your smasher tag rhymes with aruba

and that you use other people's actual names as if you knew them, even though you dont

i could go on if i had time, but i have a test in an hour :p

TBH, i don't hate you at all. I just like trolling
trolling people called muba.
Long time ago buddy. Get over it =)

Also half the stuff had nothing to do with you mr. flabby troll ;P

Nuris

Smash Lord
At this time, I would like to quote a friend of mine:
"It's funny like a struggling dungbeetle, but you don't want one on your carpet?"

it's more than meets the eye.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can only assume that involves not only medicinal herbs, but also medicinal spices.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
You know I am actually thinking of coming with Geno.

Geno: It'd be better if we could leave earlier than noon and get back before it's too late.
Sounds good. It may only be a few of us here. like 3 and then you guys. but im down

also we are doing the same thing next weekend. Binyan said he could go then. so if you guys wanna wiat till then or not its fine. im open both days

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
hmm, maybe we should just do it next weekend, Id like to smash both Sundays but I don't know If i'll be up for making the drive 2 weekends in a row. Id also rather go when more of us are available aka, Binyan.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
pepito isn't good. In melee you can easily assume that ledge and edgeguard her from there. He did it wrong. Hax showed how to nullify melee camping.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
he was already winning 4 stocks to 1 within 2 minutes i don't understand why he didn't just finish it within 3

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lmfao, *****. That's the way to do it. Pretty sure planking could be awesome in Melee if people were really playing to win and not just playing to do cool stuff with Captain Falcon, haha.
If you played Melee, you'd know that you can run away all match with Fox or Peach (and I've been subjected to both) but you can't really plank on the edge like that unless you're Amsah.

Let's play today somewhere.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I just really like seeing "gay" playing in Melee and consequently people going "wtf this isn't melee" in disbelief, it fills me with glee. The youtube comments on that video are delicious. I just can't contain myself :D

Also, yeah Amsah planking at Pound was heeeeeleeeerrreeeeeeooouusssslllyyyy good.

Obviously Melee has less ledge invincibility and no auto sweet spot so it wouldn't be the same as Brawl. I was half joking, but I still think it's viable and underemployed because people are more worried about cool factor.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I was half joking, but I still think it's viable and underemployed because people are more worried about cool factor.
cool factor? you're assuming all of us are falcon mains. whens the last time I was worried about cool factor while playing melee?

funny though, when I play Brawl it's all about the cool factor because i have no skill at brawl lol.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
cool factor? you're assuming all of us are falcon mains. whens the last time I was worried about cool factor while playing melee?

funny though, when I play Brawl it's all about the cool factor because i have no skill at brawl lol.
lol yeah. Falcon mains are awesome and so is Melee, don't get me wrong. Everyone loves Falcon, lol.

I'm not talking about any of you guys specifically, I'm talking about the overall stereotype of the silly members of the community. Like the kinds of people who are crying in the Youtube comments on that video.

Or like Wife randomly commentating about how "this ain't brawl, no one's stalling! yeah!" at pound melee, then Amsah stalls, lol.

It's not even really Melee specific-- Brawl is just as guilty of being ********, all of the smash community is. They're all "oh this is gay and ruins the game dur dur dur" Well, no, that IS the game. Like it or don't ;)

Nuris

Smash Lord
Brakes are fine, the real problem wasn't the breaks anyways. I'm pretty sure it was something about a floor pad getting jammed under the accelerator and people getting pooped on. Either way, my car has been fine, it's pretty legit.

As far as camping and planking are concerned, they're legit, but obviously you can't rely solely on them to win (well, maybe in Brawl lol jk (sort of) <3 <3 <3). If you're opponent thinks about what he's doing and forces you off the ledge, then you gotta mix it up. But if they don't think and are just like "ZOMG WUT A NOOB IM JUST GONNA RUN OFF AND SHINE HIZ *****AZZZZZ", then by all means knock the stock off that Fox.

btw ima still do it :p

Top Bottom