• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
brawlpro and edgeswipes OMG STOP POSTING

i just had to go through like 2 pages of you two back and forth on this forum and the SGAB forum. please shut the hell up. go jerk each other off on aim or something i dont wanna look at it. if you like smash go to the tourneys or smashfests but dont screw up good forums with your gay ****.

and yes "we're cool" if youre going to ask just stop the spam

lol@smooth's sig

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Does anyone live within 1 hour of springfield, I would like to play people other than my 2 friends. I posted here before and only got one response and he never showed. so... does anyone want to play some friendlies anytime soon with 3 new people who have tournament experience

A 2

Smash Apprentice
Deku & Smooth...amen to that those two seriously need to tone it down alot, I don't think I've read one post of thiers worth reading.

-A2

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Ripple, we have tourneys in Rolla, that's more than an hour away, but closer than St. Louis.

Anyways, anyone know Darkrain's secret. I was chatting with Massive on AIM and here's what he said:

"Massive195: i figured out one of darkrain's secret training methods
Massive195: and have been using it for my own evil purposes
NetteSampson: what is it???
Massive195: simple, its secret
NetteSampson: you gotta let me in on this
Massive195: I CANT SAY, FOR ITS THE SOURCE OF HIS POWER"

any clue?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Level 9 CPUs.

Or, 'the source of his power' could lead to using Ganon. See, similar to Goku (well Vegeta's a better example because Goku doesn't kick enough *** to be comparable to teh Darkrain) using the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Dark gets used to Ganon's slowness and uses it to make Falcon even faster!

Steele

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ripple, I have a friend that lives in Raymond that I used to play smash with before I just moved to Cleveland. He's pretty good but I don't think he's ever been at a tourney before or even knows that they're out there. He's not on smash boards but I could let him know about it. If you're interested let me know and I'll get a hold of him.

only1Z

Smash Champion
2 weeks too late I imagine, but I lost a bag at the UMKC tourney with, MacEwan, written on it, and a lot of valuables inside. If you happen to have seen it or possibly taken it by accident please get in touch with me on this board and some one in my crew. Kthx!

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
February? are we talking Brawl? Anyway, I just moved to St. Charles to go to college at Lindenwood University. Only problem is, no1 even knows what smash is here. if i can get a ride out to St. Louis (like 20 mins away for those who don't know) i'll be glad to play with people I actually have a chance to lose to. Someone tell me where the bigwigs practice/play and if any of you attend Lindenwood

SamDvds

Smash Ace
February? are we talking Brawl? Anyway, I just moved to St. Charles to go to college at Lindenwood University. Only problem is, no1 even knows what smash is here. if i can get a ride out to St. Louis (like 20 mins away for those who don't know) i'll be glad to play with people I actually have a chance to lose to. Someone tell me where the bigwigs practice/play and if any of you attend Lindenwood
what days are you available? i know someone in alton illinois who sometimes has ppl over for smash and i am gonna try to get out there soon cause with Geno in california, i dont think anyone here is gonna host a smashfest.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Hey all, Finally got back from Cali. Im gonna try and start holding smashfests again but I just started class so it will be awhile before I get my schedule situated.

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
lol thomas. i guess i should be happy about going first instead of playing against cunning :).

i doubt there's anything going on tomorrow but i'd figure i'd post here. korora and i are now living in an apt near Wash U for anyone who's going or near there. i doubt there's enough space to hold a smashfest or anything, and i know there's not enough parking, but we could probably have some people over and play sometime before classes start.

Yami

Smash Rookie
I remember when I first started on these forums that Lixi had mentioned a few people played up at Wash U. Don't know how open the invitation is or how big they get (I can imagine not very big) but if you all ever want some fresh blood in the mix I'm game ^_^ Just a warning, I'll probably get wrecked hardcore...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
For those of you who know Chris (Toga) and Andy, they live in the Mudd dorm on the South 40. I will call them later today to see if they want to play. I'm sure all would be welcome to join, although there would only be one setup.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL class hasn't started yet. First day of school is August 29th, although today is the second move-in day.

I'm sure they'd be more than willing to play (Chris especially), but like I said, the problem is having only one TV, 2 if you count the projector.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
There is no Smashfest today.

Toga and Andy will be going to a movie. I may play informally with them later tonight (after 9:00 PM).

I will be at Washington University, in the Olin Women's Building. If anybody wants to come up and play, you are certainly welcome, but most people there are going to be playing poker and possibly Halo 2.

http://artsci.wustl.edu/~symp2004/directions.html

My cell phone: (615) 243-2832

People that don't go to WashU, it's probably not worth your time to come here because there is nothing official planned. If you would like to make an arrangement in the future to get together and play, feel free to contact me, or

Toga: (314) 814-2496
Andy: (304) 550-4297

Just explain that you're from Smashboards, I'm sure they'll be happy to contact you about stuff going on.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Back in Rolla. A2, Massive and I are now known as "wavedashers" to the random guys we've played at the dorm. I doubt we'll find any more real competetion in Rolla, but ya never know. I'll be in STL from time to time, hopefully there will be smashfests.

If you guys are feeling bad about your skills, come to Rolla, it'll cheer you up in no time (4 stocks galore).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Village 4060

Smash players at Wash U? Good ones?!? FANTASTIC! Me and two other guys have just been playing each other, nor roommates in Village 4060. We would be more than happy to journey on campus or off to get some true competition. (Read: A good hard PWNing...)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Smash players at Wash U? Good ones?!? FANTASTIC! Me and two other guys have just been playing each other, nor roommates in Village 4060. We would be more than happy to journey on campus or off to get some true competition. (Read: A good hard PWNing...)
PM me your contact info and I'll go to the Village some time to play with you guys.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ok apparently eureka is having another tourney in a couple weeks....but nebraska is going to KC smash on the same weekend....soooo....who wants to skip eureka and go to KC?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm going to have a lot of work to do at the lab, so I won't be able to spend devote entire weekends to Smash...good luck to you guys who do go to Kansas City.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
WTF? The ONE weekend there's a tourney you wanna skip it to Smash at KC? They have that EVERY week, and how often does STL have tourneys? Show some support.

Echo I get that the 9th might be a good day since you all in NE have work off, but wouldn't the next weekend work just as well? =/

Meh, maybe being in the top 10 at a tourney will change my mind. >_>

Top Bottom