• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Yami

Smash Rookie
Most definitely going to attend Geno's if he's having it ^_^
I took such a long break from Smash due to all my friends going away to college that I have had ZERO humans to play with so I'm a little rusty. It will be nice to have a group of people to play with on a regular basis. I'm stoked about the weekend! Have to keep a look out for any announcements on Eureka. It's not exactly right down the road but it's nice to know there are some frequent tourneys. What's the common entrance fee/turn out to those?

Sliq

Smash Master
Can anyone in or around St. Louis house Me, Kel, Overswarm, and Jiano this coming Friday and Saturday night? It would be greatly appreciated! d(^_^)b

Also, if someone sets us up, I will promise not to post ******** ASCII faces in this thread again.

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
fwiw i normally show up at genos around 6-6:30 and theres always a few people there.

my friend is coming in from MI this friday for SGAB with some people so i'll see if they can make the smashfest (if there is one). we'll have at least my setup, but maybe one more if they can bring it.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Woo, I will be having a smashfest this Friday, and from the looks of it, its prolly gonna be a big one :)
Come anytime after 4.

Also, A few people mentioned wanting to stay here over night. Its prolly ok for a few people we'll see how that goes on Friday. People that live the farthest and absolutely need houseing will most likely get to stay.

And Sliq I dont know if If I can do anything for you as far as houseing goes. I may be able to Friday, but theres no way I can Saturday (I leave for California at 6am Sunday). You can come to the smashfest on Friday. Pretty much all of STL is gonna be there so you might find someone there that can house.

If you are interested in comming PM me.
Also my cell is 413-314-1251
And my AIM is Rowenstrata17

Sliq

Smash Master
Geno, if you can house us, that'd be great. I'm going to have a back up plan just in case (cheap motels ftw).

If anyone else can house us for Friday or Saturday night, just lemme know!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Geno, if you can house us, that'd be great. I'm going to have a back up plan just in case (cheap motels ftw).

If anyone else can house us for Friday or Saturday night, just lemme know!
Sliq check your PMs, I already offered you guys housing if you can't get it at Geno's. Plus there's always housing at the venue for $10.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Lixi, your coming Friday right? maybe we can figure out whose houseing whom then. It would be great if you could house some also. Im pretty sure Zig, Jeff and NikePK all need houseing aswell.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi, your coming Friday right? maybe we can figure out whose houseing whom then. It would be great if you could house some also. Im pretty sure Zig, Jeff and NikePK all need houseing aswell.
Yeah I'll be at your house. I will probably give preference to people who travelled the furthest, but we can sort it out there.

korora

Smash Cadet
fwiw i normally show up at genos around 6-6:30 and theres always a few people there.

my friend is coming in from MI this friday for SGAB with some people so i'll see if they can make the smashfest (if there is one). we'll have at least my setup, but maybe one more if they can bring it.
Actually we'll almost definitely be bringing at least 2 setups beyond yours. And assuming nothing horrible happens we should be in town in time to smash.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
My brother and I (yeah I convinced him to star playing again) will likely show early friday (4:30 - 5:00). Hope we're not the only ones there... Joke, if you could bring my controller, that'd be cool. I'd probably have to leave by the latest at 8.

Sounds like some fresh bloods gonna be there :) jk, can't wait to play some new people.

cough...no low tier....

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
heh, seems like this is gonna be pretty big. Any ideas on what mini tournament you guys wanna do.
Crews
Low tier
Singles
Doubles
Doubles low tier ;)
Ironman tourny (prolly take too long)

or..... we could do mario crew vs luigi crew again :)

Sliq

Smash Master
Geno Blast, you need to clear out your PM's so I can reply to you!

Also, I'm getting pumped for this.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Geno Blast, you need to clear out your PM's so I can reply to you!

Also, I'm getting pumped for this.
Lol sry, been getting so many lately didnt even know I was even close to full.

Missouri has Toga and Andy, Toga might be here Andy wont though unfortunately :(

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL we do play a lot of low tiers in St. Louis.

Me - Luigi, G&W, Young Link, Pichu
Geno - Ness, Luigi, Mewtwo, Link
Zig - Pikachu, Yoshi, Link
Toga - DK, Roy
Sam - Zelda

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
brawl... its like 7 people that aren't coming. there is still going to be a solid turnout for the tourney.

I'll see you guys at geno's around 7:30 ^_^

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Im not too worried about that, I know we'll still have a bunch of people come.

Im also supposed to mention about parking at my place Friday (tomorrow) Try not to park across the street. the crazy woman there has called the cops before, just because people were parked too close to her house......

ok now that I got that out of the way. I dont think we should do Singles, we're gonna be doing that all day Saturday. We should do crews first for sure though.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lmfao @ missouri vs illinois crew...we WOULD get stomped unless darkrains crew comes friday night...they are in KCMO so we get them! but geno, i think u should do one big crew battle no special rules just mains when everyone gets there...just do the captains and pick crews

also, i thought andy was in like west virginia or something

and BBQ if Jesi doesn't team with me then yes i will need a teams partner

Yami

Smash Rookie
Okay I'm a little new to all of this--what exactly is crews? o.O I'll take all the practice (and competition) I can get, but I'm with Brawl on the singles ^_^ Like Geno said, the lot of us WILL be doing 1v1 all day Saturday, but I am terribly, awfully rusty on my 1v1...

And...well...I've been playing the CPU for the last week because I have no friends in town to play with=( *cries*

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Crews are pretty simple. Each crew is given a number of stocks to be split among their crew members. Then, the two sides fight (in 1v1s), but the winner of each match keeps their remaining stocks for the next fight.
Let's say you face me, and you two-stock me. Then I'm done for, and the next person in my crew fights you, but at the beginning of the match you SD to where you have two stocks.
First crew to run outta stocks loses. See, simple.

So crews would work for you Yami since they're still 1v1s. ^_^

BTW my vote goes for non low tier crews.

Top Bottom