• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Its in Frontenac right off highway 40 at the speode/lindburg exit. I'll give you guys more detailed directions when I hold another one.

I will possibly have one the friday before the tourament on the 11th. I know I cant do one this weekend.

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
Geno lives off of Hwy 64-40, which is off of 270. It's like 4 or 5 miles south of Maryland Heights. Hope to see you guys there!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Yea thats fine deku....we have one more spot. Sam I'm trying to get ahold of ya.
i can probably drive...and i can go pick up zig...A 2 whats your number cause if i didnt answer it was prob cause i didnt know the number and someone else i dont want to talk to has been trying to call me from different numbers.

A 2

Smash Apprentice
Ok this is for Deku, Lixi, & Fred...were leaving at 4pm from Freds house he should be sending you his address, we will stop in Columbia to eat most likely at a Wendy's. Were going to smash at Jesi's house until late then crash at one of my Rolla friends apartments that has no cats. Saturday we prolly wont get home until late.

Any questions pm me.

See ya friday,
A2

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Crash? I don't think Ice would be happy about that....DERP!!

Mmm, been soo long since I've had Wendy's, they're extinct in stl.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Ok this is for Deku, Lixi, & Fred...were leaving at 4pm from Freds house he should be sending you his address, we will stop in Columbia to eat most likely at a Wendy's. Were going to smash at Jesi's house until late then crash at one of my Rolla friends apartments that has no cats. Saturday we prolly wont get home until late.

Any questions pm me.

See ya friday,
A2
i thought lixi couldnt leave til after 7pm?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah thats what i thought too..... haha oh well we can just play at freds till lixi arrives i guess?

realy i have no idea ill see you all tommorow at like 330 ish maybe earlier or later idk

SamDvds

Smash Ace
also, zig's not sure if he's going or not since he just got back in town...so i guess i'll know tomorrow...or later today i should say

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Yeah I will try to be there by 4:00 PM. It's just that I have to commute half an hour just to get to my car...

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
does the whole smash community show up there(at geno's place), approx how many ppl?
yeah, pretty much everyone in STL comes to these (pretty standard if your a STL smasher). Everyone is welcome.

I try to hold them every Friday but Im not always able too. This comming Friday I plan to have one, the day before "Shes got a bomb". I'm not sure yet if it will happen. I will post when I can confirm the details.

Also, the number of people who show up is anywhere from like 8-30. Its only been 30 once of twice, but we occationally get a good turnout.

We usually hold some kind of mini tournament or event. Last time we did Bowser crews, then we did Team Mario vs Team Luigi :). It really depends on what you guys want to do.

If your interested PM me and ill send you contact info and details regarding location and time.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Okay, can anyone tell me if you need an invite to go to the smashfest at geno's house?
LOL, I wouldn't go to any Smash gathering that was by invite only. The greatest aspect of Smash is that you can read about something like this on the Internet, show up at a total stranger's house, play with other total strangers, and have a great time. There's an instant sense of community, whether you're in the Midwest or on the coasts. You guys that just play amongst yourselves and never get with other Smashers are missing out on this.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
LOL, I wouldn't go to any Smash gathering that was by invite only. The greatest aspect of Smash is that you can read about something like this on the Internet, show up at a total stranger's house, play with other total strangers, and have a great time. There's an instant sense of community, whether you're in the Midwest or on the coasts. You guys that just play amongst yourselves and never get with other Smashers are missing out on this.
well nobody mite care, but since i'm only freshman, and can't drive, parents think of chat rooms as "dangerous" places, i mean sure they can be, but not the smash community,...i really don't like my parents 4 that main reason, i like em cause there my parents obviously, but i don't like the fact of them and this type of protection.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Anyone here go to Mizzou? I have some friends I usually smash with up there and some more coming up this year. I'm hoping to have a tourney up there like the first or second weekend after school starts. If you'd be interested in it or in helping organize it, message me.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Anyone here go to Mizzou? I have some friends I usually smash with up there and some more coming up this year. I'm hoping to have a tourney up there like the first or second weekend after school starts. If you'd be interested in it or in helping organize it, message me.
Lol, I would for sure. I plan on transfering to mizzou either second half of this year or next year, and its only about 1 and a half hours away :). Also, my brother is going there this year so I'm gonna be up there every once in awhile.

Well anyway. Ill PM you later when it gets a bit closer to when school starts.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Lol, I would for sure. I plan on transfering to mizzou either second half of this year or next year, and its only about 1 and a half hours away :). Also, my brother is going there this year so I'm gonna be up there every once in awhile.

Well anyway. Ill PM you later when it gets a bit closer to when school starts.
woah, thats pretty far, what does this mean no more smashfests with the same ppl or what.:urg:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Zig-Zag is too good.

Lixivium is pretty good as well; I thought that his ICs were better than any we have in OK.

I didn't play any of the others from St. Louis, if there were any more who showed up at Event 52.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Zig-Zag is too good.

Lixivium is pretty good as well; I thought that his ICs were better than any we have in OK.

I didn't play any of the others from St. Louis, if there were any more who showed up at Event 52.
A2 and Fred are about even with me, although I think of them as being from Rolla. Deku is better than me and arguably better than Zig.

Why do you bring this up though...are you planning on coming to SGAB?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I brought it up because I was bored :p

But yeah, I definitely won't be able to go to SGAB, mainly because... it's the same date as OHSNAP3! Lol! :colorful:

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Man, I wish I could have gone. I havent seen Zig in forever.
Have you found a doubles partner yet Zig? I think Deku is still free ;), Im most likely teaming with Toga.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I just realized I need a doubles partner for SGAB. Is Andy going?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Yeah I need a doubles partner also.
Dark teams with Dmac...Ken doesn't live in MO...Aniki's in Japan...M2K is east coast...WHO IS LEFT FOR SMOOTH???
If Andy doesn't show d'ya wanna team Lixi?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
dahhh smashhhh?

kc was pretty fun.. even though i got taken out by yet another jigglypuff... christ...

but i beat Z who i lost to in Eureka yeyuhhz

so to sum it up i would have to say it was pretty poop.

and yeah we should smash this friday and i need a partner for "SGAB"

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Andy is not in town and wont be for SGAB :(. If he was he would team with Toga for sure.

Lol and congrats deku, we both avenged our loss to Z :)

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' Lixi?
DOUBLE GANON, BABY!

Yep for me it goes Falcon, Marth, Ganon. thx A2 an' Apple.

I'll see if I can go to Geno's this Friday or not.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Smooth I know you live pretty far away (it looks like halfway across Missouri) so I can probably house you if you decide to go to Geno's on Friday.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, I may be at Geno's friday earlier but I'll have to leave around 7-8

What time do people start coming? (I'm such a noob)

Yami

Smash Rookie
I've heard a few times now about small tournaments taking place in Eureka. Do these usually get advertised here on the boards or no? It seems like SGAB is pretty big so that has its own page, but if there are small but regular gatherings in Eureka that have decent turnouts and little to no advertisement, where would one find more info on them? o.O I'd like all the practice I can get.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I've heard a few times now about small tournaments taking place in Eureka. Do these usually get advertised here on the boards or no? It seems like SGAB is pretty big so that has its own page, but if there are small but regular gatherings in Eureka that have decent turnouts and little to no advertisement, where would one find more info on them? o.O I'd like all the practice I can get.
Eureka tourneys have always been listed in this (Midwest) forum. Go to Geno's if you're looking for practice. Playing new people is always cool.

Top Bottom