• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
lol, im missing about 6 controllers. So if anyone has extra pls tell me. ;), And you can thank Wale for wearing out that black one.....But ill tell you if I see anything, havent been downstairs since Friday. I used to have 4 then they kept breaking or disapearing, I've bought prolly 12 controllers altogether and im down to 3....

LOL out of all the matches going on there they film our friendlies. I'll be its cause we used the best tags :)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol, im missing about 6 controllers. So if anyone has extra pls tell me. ;), And you can thank Wale for wearing out that black one.....But ill tell you if I see anything, havent been downstairs since Friday. I used to have 4 then they kept breaking or disapearing, I've bought prolly 12 controllers altogether and im down to 3....

LOL out of all the matches going on there they film our friendlies. I'll be its cause we used the best tags :)
lol not only that, but it showed footage of us owning that team!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I may come by in the evening, probably after 8:00 PM again. Can't stay late this time because I have to move Saturday.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
2 questions

where is nike pk?

who is going tommorow and what kind of tourney should we have?

that was 3 but whatever.

i vote all fox tournament!

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
What tourny event should we have? we could prolly do crews + 1 more

Singles
Doubles
Random characer
Lowtier

If anyone has another idea post it.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
i'm still here deku lol

I really need to play smash... when is this tourney event type of thing you're having, Geno? If I can get like a week and a half, 2 weeks notice, I should be able to take a day off to come see you guys.

edit: oh and i would do crews + low tier or singles... one of them

A 2

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going either...seeing the Simpson's movie. Geno do you mind if those of us that are going to the kc tourney meet and park our cars at your place? How does that sound Sam? When can every be ready to leave Friday?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I'm not going either...seeing the Simpson's movie. Geno do you mind if those of us that are going to the kc tourney meet and park our cars at your place? How does that sound Sam? When can every be ready to leave Friday?
Well that would be ok, but im not able to go, so it would prolly be better to park somewhere else. plus the lady across the street is crazy and she'll call the cops if theres a car too close to her house for more than a couple hours.....

Also, I like A2s idea of doing an iron man tournament ;)
and glook_ are you comming to this? I still have your TV.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
cool, i should be able to go to the circuit event.

Geno, are you doing a smashfest the night right before the circuit tourney? If so, that'd be rad and I'd totally come and smash all night with you guys.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
A2, since my mom uses my car sometimes i cant leave it anywhere but my house, but i can go get zig on friday and u can pick us both up from my house.

Cups

Smash Ace
Hey if you can spare the room, we would love to have some extra setups or discs or at least cubes for the KC tournament. Understood that you might not though, but I still thought I'd ask. See you all soon.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Im in Tulsa right now. I was gonna play the Tulsa smashers, but it turns out there arent any.

I'll be back home soon guys! Im gonna need lots of practice too...I havent played competitively since the wisconsin tournies I went to!

Keep yourself entertained by looking at my photos though!

A 2

Smash Apprentice
Im in Tulsa right now. I was gonna play the Tulsa smashers, but it turns out there arent any.

I'll be back home soon guys! Im gonna need lots of practice too...I havent played competitively since the wisconsin tournies I went to!

Keep yourself entertained by looking at my photos though!
I work up near lambert airport and I get off around 230, I can stop by sometime this week and play if ya want.

Edit: Also bad news as far as rides go for the kc tourney fred can't use his mum's van cause its going to be in the shop so we will have to split of rides...we have room for 2 more is anyone else willing to drive?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I hope I already have a spot in the van...

So is everybody going to be meeting at Zig's house? Because I don't know where that is.

Are we eating before leaving St. Louis, on the way to KC, or eating at KC?

A2, please PM me your phone number so I can contact you outside of Smashboards.

Yami

Smash Rookie
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and website. Everyone seems pretty cool, and it's nice to see some fellow smashers from my part of the country=)

ANYhow...I noticed this tourney's coming up pretty quick and I'm a little out of practice. This will be my first official tournament so I don't want to get worked TOO hard. Does anyone know a group who gets together to play somewhat often? I'd really like to sharpen up a bit before I embarrass myself! I'm in the Overland area.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I hold usually hold smashfests on Fridays and pretty much all of the stl smash scene comes to those., I dont really have time to talk about it now. Ill try and post more later

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
welcome to the boards, yami.

Yeah, Geno usually has weekly or bi-weekly smashfests at his place. Just keep an eye on the thread and you'll see something.

Definitely make it to the big tournament on Aug 11th... there will be a lot of awesome players there... it's a really fun experience. Lixi posted a link earlier in this thread if u need the info.

Yami

Smash Rookie
That sounds great! Have to be on the lookout for Geno to make another announcement. I'm excited ^_^

Er...whereabouts ya live, Geno? o.O

Top Bottom