• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

_kSo_

Smash Master
Last edited by CunningKitsune : Today at 04:36 PM. Reason: Had to put in "That is all."

LOLLLLLLLLLL you crack me up

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Don't you try to pin this on me Anthony!

I'm just going through my daily schedule and you keep showing up everywhere I turn!

I'm riding my bike, "Oh look, it's Anthony".
I'm walking to class, "Hmm... Anthony again".
I'm sitting eating lunch, "What th- When did Anthony get here"?!
I half expect to unlock my dorm room after class and see you staring me in the face!

:p :p :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That sound gross Maus....

Of course Kirk is homo enough to stalk and pillar another guy.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO VII Results (SSBO VIII: November 17, 2007)

The only thing that can describe this tourney is "too good." While teams participation was a huge false (and for some reason, it consistently has been a huge false at the SSBO's), singles play was of the highest quality to date. 13 participants may not be that huge of a number, but I can honestly say that the overall skill level of those players was noticeably higher than any other SSBO field. We even got some solid representation from Ball State. Speaking of Ball State, Neil, I hope to see you at subsequent SSBO's; you're one of the few who enjoys playing my Fox (and if that isn't masochistic, I don't know what is).

Anyway, on with the largely incomplete results (laptop batteries = yay):

Low-Tier
1: NJzFinest
2: DracoFox
3: CunningKitsune

Singles
1: NJzFinest ($39.00)
2: DracoFox ($19.50)
3: KSO ($6.50)
4: Lavos
5: Kai

Good stuff, guys.

Also, SSBO VIII will be next weekend, Saturday, November 17, 2007. Alan and I have not decided whether it will be paid attendance or simply a pre-Thanksgiving smashfest; we'll get back to you guys on that soon. For now, though, plan for SSBO VIII next Saturday, November 17, 2007.

That is all.

_kSo_

Smash Master
oh hell yea! 3rd bioootches

also there might be ssb64 at the next tourney.
BRING setups if you can!!! please! this tourney took a really long time kuz people didn't bring enough setups. also if u have n64 + ssb64 bring that too so we can have a successful tourney/smashfest next week

it's gonna be FUN loll :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I wish DK in 64 smash was as good as DK in Melee smash :(

edit:

hurray, all DK for the win! Well, besides those Bowser dittos with Maus and that one Mew2 match.
Johns :( but yeah, GUYS, Donkey Kong has been one of my mains for like, A YEAR and the great BUM THOUGHT ME HOW TO USE HIM. Sorry for pissing of some people lol, but I didn't randomly just pick up this character. I wish I was that good. He just gets boring because I repeat the same combos so I haven't used him much before (I almost went all DK at the first tourney though).

But this calls for a celebration, sing along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTGMS3jDxV0

Hoo! Ha!
Ho! Ha!
Donkey Kong!
Hey, yo look out down below,
here he comes Banana Slamma!!!!

Fun stuff, people, come back next time! Banana Slamma!!!

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Aw man, I had my johns stolen from me, handed back, then slapped in the face...twice... This tourney wasn't too great for me... My fox sucks... Must improve....

_kSo_

Smash Master
Aw man, I had my johns stolen from me, handed back, then slapped in the face...twice... This tourney wasn't too great for me... My fox sucks... Must improve....
make a facebook event and invite people.

Remember, the next tourney/smashfest is FREE, so get as many people and setups as possible to make this the biggest (but not necessarily best; today's SSBO was quite good) SSBO ever!

1234 posts! yayuhhhzzz

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
****, KSO has 1234 POSTS!!!

I repeat! ONE, TWO, THREE FOUR!!!!

NEVER POST AGAIN DUDE!

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
make a facebook event and invite people.

Remember, the next tourney/smashfest is FREE, so get as many people and setups as possible to make this the biggest (but not necessarily best; today's SSBO was quite good) SSBO ever!
I would be going next week, but I need to practice more/catch up with school...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hiroshi, you should of went all Fox >_< Definately would of gotten alot further despite the fact your Fox was off.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I know... I've been trying to pick up more "anti-marth/peach" characters... I haven't been playing him that often now... I think I need to stop rolling too often... and practice up-smash out of dash... I missed a lot of those..

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Oooo, I see.
Yeah, Fox is the best character for Marth and Peach right after Sheik.
Spam lasers constantly (mainly full jump 3x lasers) and also dash dance camp like no other. Fox's up throw and upsmash **** Peach/Marth pretty hard and one waveshine or dash dance lead's to either of those. As long as you DON'T play insanely aggressive, but rather a little more passive and "camp", then the match should be yours.

I didn't see you up throw to up air that much, so I suggest working on dash dance to grab/waveshine to grab :)

edit:

Wth, I just realized I never played you at the tourney Hiroshi O_o
Where you hiding from my DK????

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I was too depressed... My fox sucks... I wish I had more people to play against... Heck, I wish I could drive so I could just come over whenever =/
Should I drop Falco and pick up Sheik?

_kSo_

Smash Master
quick question to people.

Who are NOT leaving purdue on 15th of December?

because my brother is coming to purdue on Dec 15th, and he wants to meet smashers in purdue. (or who came to Tark tourney)
uhh most of us are probably going home for xmas break ...:)

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
quick question to people.

Who are NOT leaving purdue on 15th of December?

because my brother is coming to purdue on Dec 15th, and he wants to meet smashers in purdue. (or who came to Tark tourney)
I'll still be here. West Side doesn't get out until... the 21st

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Any advise for avoiding grabs by both peach and marth?
Runaway (and shoot lasers :p), dash dance camp, shining after aerials (to avoid shield grabs). Fox is pretty much the hardest character to grab because of his speed, dash dance length, and shine.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Runaway (and shoot lasers :p), dash dance camp, shining after aerials (to avoid shield grabs). Fox is pretty much the hardest character to grab because of his speed, dash dance length, and shine.
My approaches of my fox consists of run up and attack... I need to stop doing that... I need to use more DDancing.

_kSo_

Smash Master
My approaches of my fox consists of run up and attack... I need to stop doing that... I need to use more DDancing.
basically, be random, but in a controlled fashion. like don't ever do something more than 2 or 3 times in a row (for a basic example, take dash-A; if your opponent sees you constantly doing that, they'll shield your attack then grab you). like i remember i would do the same approach with falco (laser, laser, laser, dair) every time and eventually, it was really predictable. So i change it around now, ie laser, laser, wd back, laser, wd back, etc.

so mix it up a lil and play some mind games

also some good ones are empty dashing and empty jumping/sh'ing

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
videos ^_^

Mew2King and KoreanDJ are good to learn from. Or you can just IM CunningKitsune :p

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Man, I have so many Johns about our matches Alan.

SO MANY JOHNS!!! But I am resisting the urge to say them and I can only guarantee that I will put up a better fight next time! Enjoy this victory, because I'm coming for you!

And nice picture Carl.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Hiroshi, I would recommend taking a quick peek at the appropriately-labeled link in my signature. It might teach you thing or two about Fox. :)

Well, not really a "quick peek"; if I recall correctly, the guide was something like 105-110 pages when single-spaced in Word.

Yep.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ooohhhh sssshhhhiiiittttt
I'll make sure to see KSO vs LAVOS next time, hopefully I won't be playing Dracofox during the match.

Oh, and thanks Lavos.

BANANA SLAMMA!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Man, I have so many Johns about our matches Alan.

SO MANY JOHNS!!! But I am resisting the urge to say them and I can only guarantee that I will put up a better fight next time! Enjoy this victory, because I'm coming for you!

And nice picture Carl.
money match?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, alot people say Fox is the best because of the fact he's number one on the tier list and because of the potential he has. Fox is the best when played perfectly, but we all know no one is perfect. Also, the tier list is based on tourney results, so it isn't a list of the best to the worst character, or else Kirby would be last.

Among semi-pro/pro players, may argue that best is Sheik. Why? Look at all the matchups. Fox loses to Falco, slighty advantage/even with Marth, goes even with Sheik, and ***** everyone else. Sheik also loses to Falco slightly, has an advantage over Marth, goes even with Fox, and ***** everyone else. However, Sheik beats everyone else wwaaayyy harder than Fox does. Sheik has a much easier time comboing the hell out of everyone and chaingrabs like, half of the characters in the game where as Fox can have a hard time against characters such as Luigi, Samus, or Peach. Also, Fox being a Fast Faller, he gets comboed very easily, even by characters like Mew2 and Yoshi. So, Fox players, despite having the advantage, are more easily punished from mistakes compared to Sheik players.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Yeah, alot people say Fox is the best because of the fact he's number one on the tier list and because of the potential he has. Fox is the best when played perfectly, but we all know no one is perfect. Also, the tier list is based on tourney results, so it isn't a list of the best to the worst character, or else Kirby would be last.

Among semi-pro/pro players, may argue that best is Sheik. Why? Look at all the matchups. Fox loses to Falco, slighty advantage/even with Marth, goes even with Sheik, and ***** everyone else. Sheik also loses to Falco slightly, has an advantage over Marth, goes even with Fox, and ***** everyone else. However, Sheik beats everyone else wwaaayyy harder than Fox does. Sheik has a much easier time comboing the hell out of everyone and chaingrabs like, half of the characters in the game where as Fox can have a hard time against characters such as Luigi, Samus, or Peach. Also, Fox being a Fast Faller, he gets comboed very easily, even by characters like Mew2 and Yoshi. So, Fox players, despite having the advantage, are more easily punished from mistakes compared to Sheik players.

basically, if we were to rank skill by level, with CunningKitsune at a skill level of 100 and an average tourney sheik player at about 50, I would say that it would only probably take a skill level 75 sheik to do as well as cunningkitsune's fox in tournament

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Hi everyone, I would like really like to go to this, I am in Greencastle which is about 45 mins WEST of Indy and I need a ride!!!

I will provide gas monies of course. Please PM me if you can help out

Thanks all!!!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hi everyone, I would like really like to go to this, I am in Greencastle which is about 45 mins East of Indy and I need a ride!!!

I will provide gas monies of course. Please PM me if you can help out

Thanks all!!!

wow none of us as far as i know are around that area. see if you can PM Takumaru. I think he lives around there tho

Top Bottom