• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
MAUS, in every tournament, people always know who will place on top (like Mew2king or PC Chris) and who won't (like Zelgadis). However, people enter time anyways.
People don't only enter tourneys just to win them. They go to obtain more experience and improve.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
MAUS, in every tournament, people always know who will place on top (like Mew2king or PC Chris) and who won't (like Zelgadis). However, people enter time anyways.
People don't only enter tourneys just to win them. They go to obtain more experience and improve.
I thought Zelgadis was pretty good... I guess I'm wrong.

_kSo_

Smash Master
mecatomato said:
I am being a super asian john and not thinking clearly. I want to quit ssbm because carl and andre make fun of me until I cry
:crying:

maus your very good at ssbm, probably better than me. I thought about quitting, but i got right back onto my feet and started to practice again. Now look at me. My falco is getting really techy and im actually starting to develop rudimentary mind games. (and carry over from ssb64 :) )

the point is to never give up, especially on such a great game that has a great scene. You have a lot of potential and you shouldn't quit because of trash talkers. remember what i did to andre last time he was talking trash? i challenged him to 1v1 ( and beat him, of course, no offense zulu). of course it was a vengence match but who cares? it was fun and he knew i was kidding and i know hes kidding about the trash talking. EVERY sport has trash talkers and they are people who usually aren't good enough themselves to do anything about it so they talk a whole lot of trash ( like carl :) ) but then there are people who talk trash and can back it up ( like iggy, and me in ssb64)

maus if you quit ssbm, you'll be killing the asian smasher population around here, which is surprisingly low...

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I have to work at the game until halftime is over on Saturday's game. Is it ok that I come late and still participate in Singles? I think I will be done at around 2:30-ish.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
KSO, don't make up quotes ( '~ ' )
that's bad. =)

SSBM is indeed fun.. but,
sometimes, i just don't feel like to play it... don't know why.
and yeah.. trash talkings are annoying... few times are fine, but they do it endlessly to me.
that's one reason quitting SSBM.

also... there are already not many asians playing SSBM. One person out won't be making big difference.

however... i haven't decided yet. i guess quit : not quit = 6 : 4

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I'm there for this Saturday. Mecatomato, people's "IMO's" should not mean anything to you. Hell, as much as I hate to lose, I'm having a blast getting my *** kicked. Just come to have fun. But if you let people trash talk to you. Bluntly, laugh at them in return. As stupid as this sounds, but its something that I've went by at tournaments. "The one that is having the most fun is the true winner." If you decide to quit man. That is completely up to you, and I'll respect your choice, but don't do it for a stupid reason.

Something off topic here. Has anyone been having problems logging onto the site? I cannot seem to understand why I'm having that problem. Anyways, I'm glad to find out for this Saturdays tournament. Peace for now.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Sadly there will be no ICs to pound on this time. I have to wait until november to come up, my schedule is full until then. :urg: Anyway, hopefully I can come up for the next one and bring a few people with me. Fufufufu!

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea from all the times we've done this, the timing has been about the same every time. Doubles usually starts at 2:30 and singles usually starts at 4:15-4:30 ish with registration for them starting about 15-30 minutes beforehand. we always try to get down there early so that people can come and warm up and whatnot

but takumaru, sucks you can't make it this time. hope to see you soon

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
and yeah.. trash talkings are annoying... few times are fine, but they do it endlessly to me.
that's one reason quitting SSBM.
The only person who trash talks to you is Andre, and he's not even half as good as you. I mean, he trash talks to me almost as much as you (you're just around him more).

Me, I rarely trash talk to you, especially when consider the fact I keep tell you what to do to improve and I encourage you to keep playing. Most of my insults to you are about me joking about your hair xD

mecatomato

Smash Lord
team with me again. pika/pika was a dynamite team
Double Pikas were so annoying.. XD

Draco//
call me MAUS, rather than mecatomato. =P
mecatomato is just my ID. not the name people call me.

anyway. I haven't deicded. i'm not quitting because of losing.
it is true that I'm bad, but SSBM is fun to play. =)

1. too much time stolen by SSBM. I felt that i at least need to have SOME time to practice violin and composing. I usually start to play after dinner and come back to my room at 2~3 AM. Then i have no time to play violin. so... yeah.
2. two players who play with me the most frequently are Carl and Andre; who MUST trash talk to me. XD
3. I always feel that i am a bad player. like, not worth playing, sometimes...
hence, sometimes, when i am not trying (playing abosolutely for fun), Carl and Andre, again, HAVE TO trash talk to me.

maybe i wouldn't ABSOLUTELY quit it, but i may not camp in Andre's room for like 10 hours straight, anymore.
Which means.. though i quit, i will be still up for friendly matches. I guess.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
The only person who trash talks to you is Andre, and he's not even half as good as you. I mean, he trash talks to me almost as much as you (you're just around him more).

Me, I rarely trash talk to you, especially when consider the fact I keep tell you what to do to improve and I encourage you to keep playing. Most of my insults to you are about me joking about your hair xD

shut up. =P

you do as much as andre does.
you are just not recognizing yourself.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Sure thing Alan. ^-^ Pika team FTW!!!!

Maus//
I'll try my best to remember your name, but with a short term memory atm, its a killer. X.x If you show up this Saturday, I'd like to get some friendly matches in with you if you don't mind. ^-^

Is anyone going to have like a hang out somewhere Friday night? I'd kill to get some good smash in, and maybe take a huge pwning (getting my *** kicked) in SSB64. >->; Send a message to me if you have AIM. Screen name: DjDracoFox

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Maus, you are not quitting SSBM. That is a fact. You can try as hard as you want, but you will never pull away from it's delicious sugary sweet taste! I hope you read this because I'm going to show up at your dorm room tomorrow, controller in hand, and we're going to play some smash. And only once you have stopped being emo and enjoyed yourself will I allow you to play violin, because violins are flipping awesome.

I think I'll throw some money at our local top three again this weekend. Tournys are fun even when you're being destroyed.

Kinda...

P.S. make the regenerator/ iron maiden noise around Andre for me. His ego is really too big for his head if he thinks he can talk smash trash to you, but RE4 freaks the **** out of him.

Kinda...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus, who's the one who keeps telling you to play since you have good potential?

Oh wait, that's me! O_o

Btw, I don't trash talk anywhere as near as Andre does. Ask other people who smashed with us (Steve, Jay, Alan, etc.) or even Andre himself. I mean, I must admit, whenever you mess up on something, I do point it out, however, instead of taking it as an insult...take it as a tip to improve. lol

The only smasher I "truely" trash talk to is Kirk <-- fact

edit:

By the way, Maus, don't double post >.> You get points for it.

If you have more to say, just edit your initial post and add more to it.

*like this :p*

_kSo_

Smash Master
SSBM kicks SSBB's ***. honestly like brawl is going to suck so badly

EDIT:

Also, this just in!

NJzFinest and Kirkq will NOT be playing in this weekend's tournament!!!

that means we all have a better chance of winning our money back

aka me and dracofox fighting for 1st :)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
LOL @ Alan forgetting Maus xD
By the way, don't expect Iggy to play.

Top three will be among KSO, Maus, DracoFox, and maybe Lavos (maybe because lol @ Ganondorf vs space animals and a Sheik).
Nevertheless, it will be much closer tournament.

However, unlike Kirk and Iggy, I plan on doing DOULBEZ (with Maus).

DracoFox

Smash Ace
LOL @ Alan forgetting Maus xD
By the way, don't expect Iggy to play.

Top three will be among KSO, Maus, DracoFox, and maybe Lavos (maybe because lol @ Ganondorf vs space animals and a Sheik).
Nevertheless, it will be much closer tournament.
Hey, I'll use Fox or Falco if i have to. Mainly I'll stay with Marth since I seem to play him better out of the three. If I take 4th again, I really don't give a ****. Its nice to see where I stand at against you guys. ^-^

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey, I'll use Fox or Falco if i have to. Mainly I'll stay with Marth since I seem to play him better out of the three. If I take 4th again, I really don't give a ****. Its nice to see where I stand at against you guys. ^-^

when you face me, we have to do ur marth vs my falco

i think that would be the closest match :)

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Draco//
I think i will be in the tourney. Because of the peer pressure =P
as i'm bad fighting against space animals, you may break me into pieces..

Lav//
you need to entertain me with regenerator sounds.

NJzf//
shut up. you always say something about koreans, which automatically includes me =P
i'm talking in general, not just the moments we play SSBM.

and, i don't have any potential in the game. i'm just having advantages being Shiek.
look at my mario and samus. they were my mains since i started the game, and they still are my favorite. BUT, they didn't improve at all.
it's like this;
my skill using Mario/Samus = my skill using Sheik.
Shiek >> Mario & Samus.
so it might seems better, but for me they are exactly the same.

anyway, we need to play falcon death match [?] again. so much fun.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
MAUS, I have no clue who you are but I don't think you should think so lowly of yourself. Have some self confidence. People are saying you have good potential, don't throw that away. You need to think more optimistically.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Everyone has potential in some respect. I think Njay's point is that your potential in the context of smash is obvious and you can be quite good, maybe even to his freakish skill level. Really it's your choice, maus, but you really need to be more optimistic about this.

_kSo_

Smash Master
MAUS, you do make a good point, however that does not negate the fact that you haven't improved at all. I mean your mind games have gotten really good and you can predict a lot of things that I do now, which is a really good thing.

but back to the fact you make a good point is that

sheik>>>alll

which is probably why im progressing so well with my main

falco = [insert johns here]

mecatomato

Smash Lord
beh.. don't know.
but it is true that with same level of playing skill, better characters seems better than other characters.

if you see my style carefully, all my characters do similar things.
THAT is MY style, and THAT is MY SKILL at the same time.
Andre beat my mario last time. =) that explains.

i'm more like... glitch guy.
if i play mario, you will see me doing UpB cancel and A LOT OF edge cancels.

i guess i will be playing Shiek for the tourney (well.. duh..)
but for friendlies.. i will be playing many other characters then you will see... that i am a random guy. XD

*edit*
KSO// my mindgames... it is funny you always fall for it. =)
NJz fall into my mindgames on the edge...

I always fall into Jay (Lavos)'s mindgame..
Also, into NJz's and Ckit's..

Ckit has never fallen into my mindgames. maybe once by mistake or on purpose.

just play/act unpredictable. use random moves. this is how i create mindgames =)
and you fall for them XP

_kSo_

Smash Master
notice how maus didn't specifically say that he would fall for my mind games

that's because falco doesn't need mindgames; that ***** has a gun!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
KSO//
for those three people i mentioned, i always fall into mindgames.
your pika is annoying. XD got some mindgame la.
but falco doesn't need mind games. Maybe you WANT it for more entertaining match.. =)

anyways, general question.
are we recording matches like last time?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Smashbros. Melee= 4 characters

Sheik, Marth, Falco, and Fox

They are all equally gay.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I really do not know why, but I definitely lol'd hard at this one. LOL Probably because it was just so randomly placed.

Maus loves my Marth. =) =) =)

i always wear big. =)
1. since my skins are so sensitive, if i wear tight, it is itchy. i will be scratching myself forever. even with big cloth i scratch a lot.
2. I've been wearing big clothes for too long. hard to change habit.

and Ckit, thing is that, you laugh very easily on everything.
Everysingle time i make weird sounds you laugh. XD
ex) cat sounds

yeah... haha i do haha love your marth.. haha,,ha..*sighs*
[thinking of pulling out the controller when someone chooses marth]

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Bah, I hate marth so much. At least when someone wave-shines you across the entire stage with fox you're thinking "Wow, this is really gay but I'm ok with that because they can actualy pull this off." And even though you want to shoot the guy sitting next to you doing it you don't because they're actualy doing some cool stuff so you don't.

But marth... marth is just ********. If he gets a sword I get to have one too! Stupid marth beats my projectiles with a jab and then fsmashes for an easy edgeguard. OMG SKILLZ0RS! (this is a sarcasm tag so that people know I'm not really this dumb)

Ok, I over did that marth takes more skill than that... but he's not a ninja and he doesn't have a gun so he's automaticly more gay than sheik or falco or fox. Gotta love my logic or lack-there-of.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ok, I over did that marth takes more skill than that... but he's not a ninja and he doesn't have a gun so he's automaticly more gay than sheik or falco or fox. Gotta love my logic or lack-there-of.

marth takes a lot of skill at higher levels...if you're a n00b then you will fall for his easy tactics

(i'm not calling you a n00b, i'm just saying n00b marths are so dumb :p)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
No, when it comes to marth I am a complete and utter noob. I have no good experience against good marths so when I come up against them I'm kind of clueless. I know I should have some idea what to do considering I read a lot of anti-marth tactics but it's one thing to read something and have someone explain it and show you in person.

Top Bottom