• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

DracoFox

Smash Ace
You bet I'll bet there this Saturday. >->; Just need to sweet talk Cunning into letting me have my bye this time. XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
kirkq
Smash Journeyman

Hi, my name is Kirk and I like to think I'm good at this game.
Oh, and I love having my Falco 2 stocked by NJzFinest's Samus. The cool thing about it is that, he doesn't even USE Samus, I'm simply that bad.
-----------------------------------

_kSo_

Smash Master
kirkq
Smash Journeyman

Hi, my name is Kirk and I like to think I'm good at this game.
Oh, and I love having my Falco 2 stocked by NJzFinest's Samus. The cool thing about it is that, he doesn't even USE Samus, I'm simply that bad.
-----------------------------------

I fully agree

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Does 2pm mean the tourney starts at 2 or warm-ups or are there now warm ups? Also how early can we show up?

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
The Battle Opera IV had warm-up/friendlies going on at around 2. There was also a lot of set up things going on as well. (couch moving and I think bringing cubes down) Might not be the exact same time but that was how it was at IV.

EDIT: Takumaru, are you japanese?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Oh, one more thing. Can I get someone's contact information through a PM in case I get lost on the way. The direction I have once I get into Lafayette are pretty crappy. Also parking has me kinda worried because I know PU can be kind of picky when it comes to parking. Do we just park in the visitor's parking garage or are there other places?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions. =/

_kSo_

Smash Master
This needs to be bumped

Reminder!

Everyone, just a reminder that tomorrow is Super Smash Battle Opera V

Practice up! hope to see you there

EDIT: Takumaru - my cell # is on my facebook

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
how long do you think the tournament will last?
We have the room guaranteed for all 6 hours this time. With around 15-20 people, we usually end up finishing tournament singles and doubles around 6:30 or so, but I'm sure that random friendlies will be played post-tourney, if you'd want to make it for those at the very least.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Oh, I forgot something and don't feel like editing my post. 5th Man, you need to hook up the link for todays vids when you get done with that. kthnxbuy!

_kSo_

Smash Master
*Updated*

- 10/13/07 Tourney Results
- SSBO VI: TBA

we are postponing SSBO VI until eddie and his crew can all come down from chicago. It would be a shame not to have them participate in one of our tournies. :p

Takumaru

Smash Lord
GG to everyone at purdue. It was fun and I hope to come again, maybe when the chicago guys come down. My head hurts now.
Sorry if I came off as rude during the round robin matchs, iggy. I was in shock at A) you powershielded my missiles and B) proceeded to beat me like it was nothing. Thanks for the peach help afterwards.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Please correctly update the results with WobblinCobbler.

edit: and Takamaru, don't sweat it, I'm usually really good at powershielding Samus' missiles, since it really makes the matchup a lot easier for Peach, and it's hard for IC's to do anything to a Peach too.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Please correctly update the results with WobblinCobbler.

edit: and Takamaru, don't sweat it, I'm usually really good at powershielding Samus' missiles, since it really makes the matchup a lot easier for Peach, and it's hard for IC's to do anything to a Peach too.
Don't you mean wubblincobbler?

And now I have a funny story to tell about me getting ***** by peach. "Well, I started with a PC canceled missile and chased after it. Then iggy powershieled it, it hit me in the face, then iggy nailed me with a turnip, ***** slapped me twice and the rest is blurr of pwnage." It's actualy quite funny to tell to people.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm currently separating the matches and uploading them to youtube (Ckit's permission).

I'll tell you when I'm done so the download link can be removed.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm currently separating the matches and uploading them to youtube (Ckit's permission).

I'll tell you when I'm done so the download link can be removed.
NJzFinest + TheFiifthMan - I'm adding you to my tech team

if we DO get SSBO staff shirts, mine and anthony's will say "Tournament Organizer" on the back and yours and lawrence's will say "Tech Team."

if you can think of any other staff member we might need to recognize and add, let me know.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Kirk can be "Flaming Homosexual" or "Untalented". Maybe even "Huge Johnner" too.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Kirk can be "Flaming Homosexual" or "Untalented". Maybe even "Huge Johnner" too.
Wow.... That's Interesting. And I thought I was bad for getting Kirk and Carl confused.

By the way Takumaru. I want to play your IC's again if you come back to the next tournament.

Top Bottom