• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Low Tier Rules:

Allowed Characters :

• Luigi
  • Link
  • Roy
  • DK
  • Pikachu
  • Zelda (must not press down B)
  • Ness
  • Young Link
  • Yoshi
  • Kirby
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Bowser
  • Mewtwo
  • Pichu
  • One Ice Climber (must kill ice climber before battle begins)

+ rules from Singles and Doubles
Is this for the Oct 13?
This sounds really cool.
Pichu for the win d(^_^)b

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yep, on the 13th, we are having that Low Tier tournament.
So you guys better start picking up some ****ty characters ^_^

Heh, I'm picturing alot of Luigi and Link players for Low Tier :/

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I'm going to be coming down to purdue the 12th and staying the night then coming to the tourney and leaving. But eh... I'm still working out the whole "where I'm staying" thing so if anyone has some suggestions they're welcome. It's just me.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm going to be coming down to purdue the 12th and staying the night then coming to the tourney and leaving. But eh... I'm still working out the whole "where I'm staying" thing so if anyone has some suggestions they're welcome. It's just me.
i have free space. ur just coming down for the 1 night?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Yesh, just one night. And maybe the rest of my life! MUWAHAHAHAHA! No seriously, just one night. Are you in the dorms or off campus?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hey, what time do you expect this to be over? I don't know if I have work or not (just hit me) and I need to know what time I should expect to leave. Also my rooming situation has changed, my mom wants to visit friends in Lafayette so we'll be staying with them.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that.... meeting CKIT on the first round of the tourney.
get my $5 stolen right away, like in 5 seconds.
It's guaranteed that someone of your skill level will be playing someone worse first round. Even if you lose first round (or if you lose at all), you can still rise up in the losers bracket (where you will be playing everyone else who has lost, aka, people you shouldn't worry as much about).

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Our total tournament time is limited to 6 hours for both singles and doubles, so the latest that this could possibly go would be 8 PM, Takumaru.

Also, regarding your question, Maus, due to the above-noted time constraints, we usually do not have time to play out round-robin pools for seeding both singles and doubles (this is, of course, dependent upon total attendance; I believe that a previous SSBO with only like 10 people for singles and doubles had round-robin seeding as a part of the tournament). As such, we usually "seed" people by skill (to the best of our knowledge). Basically, if you have shown to the tournament organizers that you're competent in the game, we will do our best to gauge your skill relative to the rest of the field and assign bracket positions accordingly.

_kSo_

Smash Master
if you have shown to the tournament organizers that you're competent in the game, we will do our best to gauge your skill relative to the rest of the field and assign bracket positions accordingly.
which maus has done more than enough times

also, can I get a tally of who's in town this weekend and who's not going to be in town (or when you will be in town 0_o). I wanna organize something sometime on saturday perhaps at my apartment

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Every time I come to these I think, "There must be better ways to waste my money", but I leave thinking "Nah". I can't wait to see how many people show up! Maus, we need to get some friendlies together and practice for this thing. Build up our confidence!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus's Sheik is starting to get annoying.

It's a good thing he has no variation in his appoarches both on the ground and in the air, or else I'd have to try xD

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
*just 2-3 stocked KSO's Falco with Mewtwo*
...........................................................................................................................................................

What the @ Alan.

Or is it simply the fact that Carl's Mewtwo is 2222powerful?

Maybe.

But probably not. :p :p :p

Also, I will let you guys know when I'll be back in town on Tuesday. I will require a large dose of Smash to compensate for how uneventful it is over here.

Crazy Purdue and its random breaks.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, you spammed the best upsmash on Yoshi Island, but I guess no johns.
Money match Mewtwo vs Pikachu? :p

And no, my Mewtwo doesn't beat Kirk's Falco unfortunately; I was talking about his CFalcon in teams. Regardless, Mewtwo isn't that bad vs Falco like I said, CFalcon ***** him MUCH harder.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Short-hopping with Sheik isn't as important as you think it is. It's very useful for high levels of play, but she can still destory people without it.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Isn't that usually a given at tournaments?
No it's not, it wasn't banned at FC. It's only a given at MLG hosted events. On another note, so no wobbling for me? How about jiggling, shaking, and knocking-kind-of-off-balanced-but-rocking-back-and-forth-ing?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
How about jiggling, shaking, and knocking-kind-of-off-balanced-but-rocking-back-and-forth-ing?
no absolutely not

On a related note, I have just received word from Eddie regarding his attendance. He says he's going to be busy for the next couple of weeks, but he will try to make it down here sometime in early November. Yay!

Also, just another reminder that this tournament is this Saturday, October 13, at 2 PM in Tark's TV Lounge, same as always. Practice up, sirs.

Top Bottom