• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

_kSo_

Smash Master
Regarding the tournament this saturday, how many people would show up to play 64 as well as melee?

I may have to just schedule a smashfest instead of having a tourney...but that still depends on how many ssb64 players want to have a tourney

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I would go if there is melee and my parents let me...

EDIT: I don't have a N64 controller... Plus I know nothing of advanced techniques in SSB64...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Everytime I played your Fox with Fox it was a 2-3 stock.
At best you may of 2 stocked me once in a ditto (which I still doubt) but never 3 stock. I would quit SmashBros if that ever happened. I don't see how my Link could get 3 times the about of stocks off than my Fox.
And remember, we had a very few amount of Fox dittos, so you probably just don't remember them that well lol The only reason why I even faced you in more than one Fox ditto is because it came down close and I felt I could win the next. That's my main mindset for friendlies.
And its not because its Kitsune level, its because you lack the ability to read anything, and do the same thing every match.
I don't play friendles as if it was trying to win the superbowl xD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
At best you may of 2 stocked me once in a ditto (which I still doubt) but never 3 stock. I would quit SmashBros if that ever happened. I don't see how my Link could get 3 times the about of stocks off than my Fox.
And remember, we had a very few amount of Fox dittos, so you probably just don't remember them that well lol The only reason why I even faced you in more than one Fox ditto is because it came down close and I felt I could win the next. That's my main mindset for friendlies.

I don't play friendles as if it was trying to win the superbowl xD
I don't play friendlies trying to win hard either, but everyone on the floor agrees that you do have your try hat on more than anyone else, seeing you go fox when everyone else is low tier = lol.

Our Fox Dittos were 2 stock 1 stock 3 stock 2stock 2 stock. Either way, if you're trying to convince me to be scared of your characters in tournament, that's just silly.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I do love the friction so. ROFL This should make for an interesting SSBO V indeed. Big lol at Iggy remembering individual matches' end stocks for use as ammo in an argument.

Also, I've been thinking of getting together a Smashfest this weekend for those not going to the ND game. I haven't really thought about a location yet, but I'm just throwing it out there. This may or may not be due to what I think is popular support for such an idea. ;)

i move away from the mic to breathe

_kSo_

Smash Master
I do love the friction so. ROFL This should make for an interesting SSBO V indeed. Big lol at Iggy remembering individual matches' end stocks for use as ammo in an argument.

Also, I've been thinking of getting together a Smashfest this weekend for those not going to the ND game. I haven't really thought about a location yet, but I'm just throwing it out there. This may or may not be due to what I think is popular support for such an idea. ;)

i move away from the mic to breathe
reserve the TV room so we can have a few setups for my ssb64 tourney and a few tvs for ssbm casuals :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I don't play friendlies trying to win hard either, but everyone on the floor agrees that you do have your try hat on more than anyone else, seeing you go fox when everyone else is low tier = lol.
UMMM...Donkey Kong, Sheik, Peach, Roy, CFalcon, Zelda, Mario, and Link =/= Fox. I'm pretty sure I've used characters like DK more in friendlies than Fox. Oh, and there's a reason why I keep telling Kirk to use more than one character (Falco). lol, I remember when Kirk used to tell me "Carl, please use a real character". Lol, actually, Anthony said that to me yesterday when I was using Link against him. Then again, I did go mostly Fox that one day before the tournament (hmm, I wonder why?).
Also you know I select random characters as well haha
Oh, and by low tier, you mean top/high/mid tier characters, because Joe and Willist don't go below mid tier. Whenever they select random, I select random too. Then again, there's Jeff's Roy, but I've never played it with Fox. But assuming you truely mean LOW tier characters, I personally hate using spaceys against the characters on the bottom of the list since a few aren't as easy to combo. I always try to go low tier vs low tier, even in tourney (like how I said I would of went Zelda against you when you were using Kirby in tourney, or like how I use DK against your Luigi and Mew2 + Pika against your Ness).
The closet thing to me playing against a low tier with a good character was my Peach vs your Mew2 in a free for all (and I randomly picked Peach).

I always thought that I was seen as a guy constantly trying to use a new character lol (Zelda, then Link, then DK, now Sheik).
Our Fox Dittos were 2 stock 1 stock 3 stock 2stock 2 stock.
False
Either way, if you're trying to convince me to be scared of your characters in tournament, that's just silly.
No, I'm just saying you shouldn't use Fox if you plan on winning lol. Despite my **** talking (which isn't serious, mainly just me being black), I'm defintaley the least confident player out of all of us (the competitive players) giving the fact I bow to you guys and highly respect your skill.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think it's wrong to judge of friendlies, but we shall see :)

edit:
another quote >.>

Jeff- "Carl, can you please kick my *** with someone besides Zelda?"
Me- "...Fox?"
Jeff- "There you go, pick Fox!"

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hey everybody! Ahmed here! Glad I got to experience this kind of scene! I was personally very surprised that I placed 4th last time, considering that I always throught of my Mario as being pretty scrubby! I still think that's the case, but that can change with practice! I'm hoping to get another chance against some of the people I lost to, like Adam (DracoFox?), Kirk, and Carl. I also hope to play Ignatius and even Kitsune, if only to show off my scrubbiness even more! :D Kso, I won't be able to make it on Saturday...Going to Ross Ade to watch the game. Depending on how long it goes, I can make it late for friendlies,though!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I think it's wrong to judge of friendlies, but we shall see :)

edit:
another quote >.>

Jeff- "Carl, can you please kick my *** with someone besides Zelda?"
Me- "...Fox?"
Jeff- "There you go, pick Fox!"
I fully agree with the low weight of friendlies, as I can't name one I haven't sandbagged in in about the past year.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey everybody! Ahmed here! Glad I got to experience this kind of scene! I was personally very surprised that I placed 4th last time, considering that I always throught of my Mario as being pretty scrubby! I still think that's the case, but that can change with practice! I'm hoping to get another chance against some of the people I lost to, like Adam (DracoFox?), Kirk, and Carl. I also hope to play Ignatius and even Kitsune, if only to show off my scrubbiness even more! :D Kso, I won't be able to make it on Saturday...Going to Ross Ade to watch the game. Depending on how long it goes, I can make it late for friendlies,though!
football johns

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
But, are you going to the October 13th one?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Tark Smashfest/SSB64 Tourney: 9/29 at 2PM in Tark TV Room

IU vs. Purdue sounds fun! :D

But yeah, just announcing this weekend's joint smashfest and 64 tourney for those select few not going to Purdue vs. Notre Dame. It'll be at 2 PM in Tark's TV room, the same location as the SSBM tourneys. I hope to see more than a few of you there.

Midas

Smash Rookie
I might be able to come from chicago for the October 13th tourny, will have to check out my ride situation as well as who else I know who is interested. Hopefully I won't be the only noob there :p

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, just first impressions of the one I went to. I don't think 30 people would even fit into that room comfortably... But hey, whatever, more people to play against.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I don't know, just first impressions of the one I went to. I don't think 30 people would even fit into that room comfortably... But hey, whatever, more people to play against.
hah ok. i just was wondering because i'm sure if you gave it time, SSBO would become a really popular bi-weekly in the midwest 0.o

Also, anthony, you DID reserve the TV room for this weekend right?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Of course, good sir; I reserved it at the beginning of the week. While I was at it, I also went ahead and reserved it for October 13, so we are good to go for SSBO V. :D :D :D

_kSo_

Smash Master
Of course, good sir; I reserved it at the beginning of the week. While I was at it, I also went ahead and reserved it for October 13, so we are good to go for SSBO V. :D :D :D

i really hope a bunch of random ppl arent in there before we get there watching the game so that we need to kick them out

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
You might want to keep some people in there before the game starts doing something
Dang it, I can't come today....

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, after finally getting access to the site. I feel ripped from todays smashing.... But I had to suffer and work. -_-; But I did talk to my manager about getting the day off every Saturday that the tournaments are on. \m/(<>..<>)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Well that was a total disaster

midwest fails at playing ssb64

we had a total of 6 people, including myself, njzfinest, and cunningkitsune....

wowww

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I need fliers to put up in the residence halls (advertising this tourney).

edit:

We should have a Low Tier tournament instead of SSB64.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
The thing about Low Tier is that Ialmost everyone who will take part of Melee Singles/Doubles will enter Low Tier because they're playing the same game they're used to, except with fun characters. They aren't going to pick up a different game they haven't played in ages.

Unfortunate for Kirk though (who can only use Falco). Eh, I guess he can use Game and Watch, but he should try not to lose harder against my Mewtwo :/ (I'm not going to even mention my Link and DK that beat his Top Tiers)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
KSO, add this to the first post

Low Tier Rules:

Allowed Characters :

• Luigi
  • Link
  • Roy
  • DK
  • Pikachu
  • Zelda (must not press down B)
  • Ness
  • Young Link
  • Yoshi
  • Kirby
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Bowser
  • Mewtwo
  • Pichu
  • One Ice Climber (must kill ice climber before battle begins)

+ rules from Singles and Doubles

Top Bottom