• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Wow last night's smash was great, i played decent i think, but poor old Jay, he lost it completely.... 3-stocked.... its okay jay ill give you a chance to get revenge whenever you want, (you usually beat my anyway :p)

And maus im going to beat your gay mario, its the only way to describe that piece of crap... gay

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Its funny though because lavos beat you yesterday and then later that night i 3 stocked him... yet you 2 stock maus's mario.... lol

wait let me guess alan, your going to ask for a money match :p

_kSo_

Smash Master
Its funny though because lavos beat you yesterday and then later that night i 3 stocked him... yet you 2 stock maus's mario.... lol

wait let me guess alan, your going to ask for a money match :p

i don't care that lavos beat me yesterday because he's actually gotten better and I havent played since like before thanksgiving so my tech skill was super rusty. like no joke i probably SDed like twice per game.

plus i 2 stocked him in the end so :p

yes and,

lavos// zulu// money match?

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332

lavos// zulu// money match?
LOL!!!!!!
you love saying 'money match', don't you? XD

in my opinion, you did at least twice better than before thanksgiving against me.

before, my falcon could win because you kept messing up shine after Dair or you full jump Dair to gave me time to do something..
also, you had a lot of empty lasers (like, shoot at no where or blank shot) before, but your lasers got better.

my falcon could nothing at the end... you remember the freaking combo on me? yeah
i hated it, but it was good.

i need to use mario against your falco more. it is kind of a john, but i cant really hit falco around with mario... while you can beat my mario.. =P

Zulu// I told you so. by not camping WITH FALCON, and trying to attack made you 10 times better. Keep it up.
your falcon HAS TO BE better than my falcon by the time this semester finishes. though my falcon isn't good.

*edit*
lol, Maus's Samus is funny. I think I struggle more against his Luigi.
-_-
yeah... my samus is bad. i know...
and it is funny that Alan is struggling with my Samus.
I was just doing what i learned[?] from Joker vs Ninja.
that's where my samus came from.

anyhoo, i need to play her more.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I might not be able to participate in this coming saturday one... Parents say I need to get in A in some class that I have a B in... They say too much time on smash and not enough on study...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
yeah... my samus is bad. i know...
and it is funny that Alan is struggling with my Samus.
I was just doing what i learned[?] from Joker vs Ninja.
that's where my samus came from.

anyhoo, i need to play her more.

Watch HugS and Phanna, everyone else is too old.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Watch HugS and Phanna, everyone else is too old.
i 'have' 5 videos of Joker vs Ninja =P i just like to watch them..

i watch their videos but... i don't know. back in time, when i was in beijing i already started playing like now... hard to change style in a sudden. =P

Is there going to be a smash night on Friday? I need to know asap.
i'm pretty sure there will be.
i need to play Ckit tomorrow.
and... i'm very sure Andre and Jay will be up for it. so.. yeah.
if you need to check tomorrow to make it sure,
765 490 4341. my number. call or text me. =)

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Im always game for smash :p I just need to work on my spacing and stop camping then my falcon will be amazing

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I just wanted to thank everyone who was at yesterday's tournament for making it such a fun experience. The tournament was run professionally, and everyone was enjoyable to play against. Everyone had good attitudes with none of that gay ego crap.

Thanks CunningKitsune for running a great tournament and being such a friendly guy. With your modest attitude, if I hadn't watched you at Melee FCD, then I would never of guessed you were a pro player.

Thanks KSO for all the friendlies. It was very fun playing against you. Beware the Jiggles! I may need to work on her to make your life more miserable. I'm looking forward to playing more matches with you next time.

Thanks Maus (SP?) for the intense quarter final matches. Serisouly, Jungle Japes!? I forgot that level even existed in Melee! I like the strategy though. All of our matches were very close and suspenseful. We will have to play friendlies next time though.

Sorry if I left anyone out (which I undoubtedly did since there were more than 3 other people there), it's just that I wasn't really introduced to anyone else, so I don't know their names.

Anyways, suffice it to say that everyone there made the trip out there worth while for me, and I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Matt (Goosefactor)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey guys. I just wanted to thank everyone who was at yesterday's tournament for making it such a fun experience. The tournament was run professionally, and everyone was enjoyable to play against. Everyone had good attitudes with none of that gay ego crap.

Thanks CunningKitsune for running a great tournament and being such a friendly guy. With your modest attitude, if I hadn't watched you at Melee FCD, then I would never of guessed you were a pro player.

Thanks KSO for all the friendlies. It was very fun playing against you. Beware the Jiggles! I may need to work on her to make your life more miserable. I'm looking forward to playing more matches with you next time.

Thanks Maus (SP?) for the intense quarter final matches. Serisouly, Jungle Japes!? I forgot that lever even existed in Melee! I like the strategy though. All of our matches were very close and suspenseful. We will have to play friendlies next time though.

Sorry if I left anyone out (which I undoubtedly did since there were more than 3 other people there), it's just that I wasn't really introduced to anyone else, so I don't know there name.

Anyways, suffice it to say that everyone there made the trip out there worth while for me, and I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Matt (Goosefactor)
I'm really glad you had fun, because even though i wasnt there in time to participate in the tournament, I had a great time playing friendlies.

That tournament was pretty good, as far as I saw. The skill level for this tourney is becoming quite high and that's really good for us because of course we want everyone to be closer in ability lest the competition dies out.

And, yes CunningKitsune is a really modest guy. And even though he won't admit it, he's an above average professional player.

Great job, all the tournament players, the results are posted up on the 1st post, but only up to the 5th place players. We don't appear to have the actual bracket because I wasn't there with my amazing tournament maker program on my laptop 0_o to save the day...

SSBO X is yet to be determined. hopefully we shall come to a consensus by tomorrow

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm so glad I skipped yesterday's tournament for that Breakdancing event :p
I meet a couple of well known bboys and bboy girls (breakdancers), it's like going to your first smash tournament and meeting Ken and Isai.
Going to that event was one of the best experiences in my life, literally.

Who needs smash??? Bboying ftw!

But yeah, it's cool to see the skill level is rising at these tournaments. Maybe I should start using Fox at one of them?....nah, THE BEAST ARE 2 STRONG :dk:

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Oh great... everyone's skill is rising except mine... I really need to play higher level people on regular occasions...

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Thanks Maus (SP?) for the intense quarter final matches. Serisouly, Jungle Japes!? I forgot that lever even existed in Melee! I like the strategy though. All of our matches were very close and suspenseful. We will have to play friendlies next time though.

Matt (Goosefactor)
heh, thanks for coming to the tourney. =)

our matches were sooo close that i can't really describe them.
Jungle Japes... it is a fun stage. =P
i won't make any johns about my loses. you were like right above me. like... 6 to 4.
and, yeah. we definitely should have some friendlies.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Yeah thanks for the fun tourney everyone. I haven't played competitively in a while and it was refreshing to play other good people. Kso, I spent alot of time playing Draco and then somehow ended up doing falcon team matches for like an hour :p, but they ended up pretty sweet. But I should have played you.

It was cool to meet everyone at the Purdue smash scene. Its about an hour drive for me each way, but my roommate let me take his car, AND I didn't get ticketed for parking in the international center lot! high five! Hopefully Ill be up there for the next one, im always down to play smash.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hahaha i asked about you! i was like wheres that kid from new jersery and everyones like oh thats carl hes not here blah blah blah

way to not show up i heard u got a sick dk is it bum quality?!?!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
hahaha i asked about you! i was like wheres that kid from new jersery and everyones like oh thats carl hes not here blah blah blah

way to not show up i heard u got a sick dk is it bum quality?!?!
Haha, it isn't Bum quality, but Bum is the one who taught me how to use him.

I was not there because... *quotes part of previous post*:
I'm so glad I skipped yesterday's tournament for that Breakdancing event :p
>.>

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I asked CKit about this, and he was not sure about it.
So i am asking again,

Are we gonna have tourney or fest on 15th?

and i also wanna know how many people are leaving after 15th..
(which means... staying on 15th)

if tourney is impossible to be held, then people who are staying on 15th and I can have smash fest at least.

so.. yeah.

thanks.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
If everyone is concerned about winter break and people leaving before/on the 15th, then why not have it THIS saturday on the 8th? I understand it kinda defeats the purpose of running a BiWeekly tournament, but exceptions can be made. I have finals to study for and all and I kwow you guys do too, but this is SMASH BROS!! Since when did finals come before smash!? Anyway, you guys do what you want to do. I just had alot of fun, and am pumped for the next one. To me, the sooner the better!

_kSo_

Smash Master
If everyone is concerned about winter break and people leaving before/on the 15th, then why not have it THIS saturday on the 8th? I understand it kinda defeats the purpose of running a BiWeekly tournament, but exceptions can be made. I have finals to study for and all and I kwow you guys do too, but this is SMASH BROS!! Since when did finals come before smash!? Anyway, you guys do what you want to do. I just had alot of fun, and am pumped for the next one. To me, the sooner the better!
i have so much to study for...i think we might be able to do it regardless of the fact i have to study...

because i'm a management major LOLOLOLOL

i think we might be able to pull it off. what do you say, kitsune? smashfest on the 8th?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I might be able to make this one... if my grades go up... Is it going to be a smashfest or a Tournament?

probably smashfest in my apartment...most people won't be able to play...but i may set up something for friday night in my place

MAYBE

If anybody is interested in coming to a friday smashfest at my apartment, please post and let me know. I ONLY want positive answers, not "umm i MIGHT be able to come"

if you absolutely can come, let me know.

Top Bottom