• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
well... any night things my parents would say no to. But, I could probably come if it's the usual time and place.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Johns here, but I really don't care. Ya, I feel disgusted on how I played. But, I was really rusty. Hopefully I don't end up not playing smash for 2 weeks or more ever again. ><;

I would also like to say that Lavos and Maus, you two have improved quite a bit. ^-^ I'm happy for you. Keep it up.

Ckitt/// (not Alan this time)
I want some more matches again with you. especially Falcon dittos.

Maus///
Do you have any of those vids up yet?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm confused. Does this mean that 12/8 is a no go?

if you guys can only make 12/8 that'll be fine

So here are the updated details:

Date: Saturday, December 8th

Time: 2:00 PM

Place:
29 Tower Dr. #12
West Lafayette, IN 47906

What: SSBM + SSB64 smashfest!

please RSVP asap so that i can have a number. if you are bringing people please tell me how many.

if not enough people RSVP it will be canceled

goosefactor

Smash Lord
As long as the weather permits (remember, I live about 90 min. away), I'll be there. I'll probably have the same two friends that were with me last time, if not one more. Keep me updated as to how many people will be there for sure. I just want to make sure that there will be enough people to make the trip there worth while- although friendlies all day wouldn't be too bad either. I was also wondering what could be done about a crew battle. I never really participated in one, but they seem extremely fun. There were some minorities there (myself included), so perhaps it could be us versus the rest? Just a suggestion. Guess we should first wait to see how many people are actually planning on attending....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It looks like I won't be returning next semester, so I won't be attending other SSBO tourneys it seems.
Looks like there will no longer be anymore Low Tier madness and Kirkq will no longer have a "rival".
It's been fun, BANANA SLAMMA!!!

What: SSBM + SSB64 smashfest!

lol @ Smash 64

_kSo_

Smash Master
It looks like I won't be returning next semester, so I won't be attending other SSBO tourneys it seems.
Looks like there will no longer be anymore Low Tier madness and Kirkq will no longer have a "rival".
It's been fun, BANANA SLAMMA!!!

lol @ Smash 64
what do you mean ur not coming back? :( so sad...

goosefactor

Smash Lord
You don't want it on the 8th, Maus? I understand there's finals and all, but there would probably be an even bigger problem getting people to come next week once the finals are done. I don't really care what weekend it is, I just want a general idea as to who's gonna be there. Also, KSO, were you even advertising it on campus? I know the plans were kind of sudden, so I don't know if you guys made the usual preperations for it.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
You don't want it on the 8th, Maus? I understand there's finals and all, but there would probably be an even bigger problem getting people to come next week once the finals are done.
true...
but my brother is coming to purdue on 15th.
he is dying to play people here =)
and... yeah, i'm done with my final exams on tuesday 11th...
so...........i think i should study. =P

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Man this sucks, i have to study for finals but i dont want to. Plus im sad that im not coming back next semester either. Both me and Carl are gonna be gone. Carl will have other good people to play against in jersey, i wont have anyone good to play against in South Africa, I will be the best smasher there. (currently my level of play is just slightly below lavos's and maus's (if maus doesnt use sheik)) just to show how sad smash is in South Africa...

Now that i think of it i dont think ive ever played against any other south african player, cause no-one has a GC there....

lol its gonna suck

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Now i gotta ask Alan, Jay, Tyler, Kirk and Anthony for playing smash ALL THE TIME. -_-
i can understand Andre leaving.... but Carl is leaving because he didn't study.
Carl, you had to get to know me earlier and we had to study together. so that actually i could make you do some work... -_-;;

anyway... I won't stop you guys from leaving Purdue. But yeah. less smashers.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
You guys are making me so sad!

Carl! Who will I break dance with!? Maus has no rythem!

Andre! Who's going to crack ridiculous jokes about female primates!? Cunning could try, but he doesn't have the awesome accent!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
If i get GPA over 3.0 i gotta transfer to Georgia Tech, so that Jay will get even more sad than now =P

but thing is that my parents actually want me to go to GIT. i am not sure.
i'm having fun in Purdue.. except it is getting effing cold with d*mn snow and icy ground.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Now i gotta ask Jay, Tyler, Kirk and Anthony for playing smash
what about me?

Carl! Who will I break dance with!?

ummm what about me?

it makes me really sad to see all these people who were supposedly my friends completely forget about the guy who doesnt live in tark/wiley -_-

honestly guys, THAT is the sad thing

oh yea, carl and andre leaving is sad too

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Not to change the subject and all about how sad you guys are about people leaving, but it sounds like this weekend isn't really gonna pan out since alot of people are studying for finals. What do you think, KSO? Do you think there would still be enough for a decent showing? Let me know so I can plan out my weekend.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Not to change the subject and all about how sad you guys are about people leaving, but it sounds like this weekend isn't really gonna pan out since alot of people are studying for finals. What do you think, KSO? Do you think there would still be enough for a decent showing? Let me know so I can plan out my weekend.
it doesnt look like anything is happening. if anything goes on, it's going to be just a few people...nothing more than 6-8 people, if that. if it's a small gathering usually we only have 4 ppl to play teams :p

mecatomato

Smash Lord
KSO//
d*mn. i was like.. 'i am missing someone'. i'm gonna edit it right after posting this one.
i firstly put only Iggy and CKit. and i was like... lets see. Kirk.
and then...... hm Jay. then.... i couldn't remember and had to go to class (johns)
(here, you should understand me that i took almost 5 minutes thinking Kirk and Jay -_-)
and you live too far. you said it is sad but... it is true that you are
'So far away- we wait for the day~'

anyway. yeah. we should play, too. =)

Lavos//
it is not decided, but it is fact that i got accepted to GIT with conditional offer saying:
enroll to another US university, get GPA over 3.0. Then i can transfer to GIT without a transfer application. like, automatically i CAN BE a GIT student.

and i success on making Jay depressed. muhahaha
EVIL IS SUBJECTIVE..

TheOJ//
i'm around B, which is 3.0, i think. i hope i can get good grades....
but problem is that my grades are falling after i found smashers.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Johns?!?!?!?!

You guys shouldn't be sad. ;-; I'm not leaving anytime soon, but I will be driving soon as well. :D

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
last weeks tournament

Hey guys. I just wanted to thank everyone who was at yesterday's tournament for making it such a fun experience. The tournament was run professionally, and everyone was enjoyable to play against. Everyone had good attitudes with none of that gay ego crap.

Thanks CunningKitsune for running a great tournament and being such a friendly guy. With your modest attitude, if I hadn't watched you at Melee FCD, then I would never of guessed you were a pro player.

Thanks KSO for all the friendlies. It was very fun playing against you. Beware the Jiggles! I may need to work on her to make your life more miserable. I'm looking forward to playing more matches with you next time.

Thanks Maus (SP?) for the intense quarter final matches. Serisouly, Jungle Japes!? I forgot that lever even existed in Melee! I like the strategy though. All of our matches were very close and suspenseful. We will have to play friendlies next time though.

Sorry if I left anyone out (which I undoubtedly did since there were more than 3 other people there), it's just that I wasn't really introduced to anyone else, so I don't know their names.

Anyways, suffice it to say that everyone there made the trip out there worth while for me, and I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Matt (Goosefactor)

hey guys. like my cousin i thoroughly enjoyed your tournament too even though it was obvious my skill level is far under that of yours. Regardless, it was alot of fun to play against people that are better than you and its the only way to get better right? I thought everyone was really cool even though i may not have been the most talkitive person there and may not have introduced myself to many of you. I just wanted to post and thank you guys for making it as much fun as it was and i hope that we will be able to play again sometime...in fact i was hoping that you guys would be up for playing again this weekend (like my cousin has posted) even though i know it is right before finals. Let us know what you have going on so maybe we can arrange something and thank you guys once again. We look forward to getting the chance to play you again!

Bryan K.

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
What the hell, why is everyone making such a big deal out of things.... especially with the chinese and everything.... Like carl said smash drama.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Date for Smashfest: December 15th

Ok, we have decided upon a date, however we do not yet have a place. we are still trying to find a place

DATE: Saturday, December 15th
PLACE: ???

i'll keep you updated, but make sure you keep the 15th open :)

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Ok, we have decided upon a date, however we do not yet have a place. we are still trying to find a place

DATE: Saturday, December 15th
PLACE: ???

i'll keep you updated, but make sure you keep the 15th open :)
Sure. 1 more tournament before I miss you guys for about 1 month. Or get together.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Me and Andre are leaving early on the 15.
However, at least Maus's brother will make an appearance.

Recorded matches would be enjoyable (...Lawrence)

Oh a side note, Andre's Falcon is surprising insanely better now. 2 days ago, it was complete trash, but when I saw it for a short session yesterday, it mirrored a professional played CFalcon, no joke. He dash dance camps knowing his spacing, knows how to combo into a knee through Uairs and grabs, knows how to follow tech chases and etc.
Most people won't believe this, but it's true, he got 45243 times better in a day. Andre seems to have the most potential out of all of us.
And yes, Andre's Falcon finally>Maus's now.

Top Bottom