• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, that roster image is fake (Ness is derived from Lucas's Brawl design, also Toon Link's "square" doesn't have gray CPU outlines like Diddy's does) - also, that roster would be just blergh haha... multiple reasons pointing out it's fake really.

But the separate Falco image sure is interesting.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that roster image is fake (Ness is derived from Lucas's Brawl design, also Toon Link's "square" doesn't have gray CPU outlines like Diddy's does) - also, that roster would be just blergh haha... multiple reasons pointing out it's fake really.

But the separate Falco image sure is interesting.
I can't seem to find that image anywhere, as well. But again, could just be clever photoshop.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The Falco image looks very detailed but very fake to me.
It doesn't match the style of the newcomers so far, I would certainly expect him to have a style similar to that of Fox.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The Falco image looks very detailed but very fake to me.
It doesn't match the style of the newcomers so far, I would certainly expect him to have a style similar to that of Fox.
I'd say that, with Fox's more prominent fur, and Falco's more prominent feathers, they have a pretty similar style to their artwork.

Groose

Smash Champion
I can deconfirm the Sound Department Leak. His story is the decisive factor there--it makes him far too easy to catch. I mean, he'd probably be the only one who "came into some money" and retired during the middle of development... Making him easy to catch.

... And even if, for some odd reason, this happened to multiple members of the Sound Department... They only have to look for the guy who had those conversations with people from PR and stuff. They'd easily be able to point him out.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
... And even if, for some odd reason, this happened to multiple members of the Sound Department... They only have to look for the guy who had those conversations with people from PR and stuff. They'd easily be able to point him out.
...Maybe he was just curious? You can't blame a man for asking about a game he's helping to make...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'd say that, with Fox's more prominent fur, and Falco's more prominent feathers, they have a pretty similar style to their artwork.
Yeah, it wouldn't be out of the realm of reality for this to be true. If it isn't the case, does anyone know where this image came from.

Maxdog800

Smash Rookie
I can confirm right now that the falco image is fake
here is the leak: http://smashboards.com/attachments/1391427193734-jpg.7820/

here is what falco looks like in brawl: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Kid_Dashm/Brawl/Falco5.jpg

and here is another photo: [URL]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--3WMZOyszgk/URr-vhcUqdI/AAAAAAAAcGY/4ChiVOoGiLQ/s1600/FalcoBlaster+super+smash+bros+brawl+starfox+nintendo+wii.jpg[/URL]
If you look at the faces they are identical Nintendo would have to make a whole new version of falco not the exact same face, the only reason no one has notices this is because it is the other side of falco's face that doesn't have that many picture up on the internet

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I can deconfirm the Sound Department Leak. His story is the decisive factor there--it makes him far too easy to catch. I mean, he'd probably be the only one who "came into some money" and retired during the middle of development... Making him easy to catch.

More like ask who bought their neighbour's dog in, I rather doubt there'd be multiple people bringing animals into the recording booth.

Also I missed a chance to defend my most wanted newcomer Slime?! Oh well, the argument's over at least, and the picture was cool if pretty obviously fake.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
It's this picture, but slightly different:
Looking at it a bit more it's a really clever photoshop. A
+ B
= C

The faker actually did quite a lot. Seems like he used the arms and head/face of B. The torso, hair texture and legs of A and voila. Now you have C. Pretty clever. He also rotated and moved the tail of A to be lower.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Looking at it a bit more it's a really clever photoshop. A
+ B
= C

The faker actually did quite a lot. Seems like he used the arms and head/face of B. The torso, hair texture and legs of A and voila. Now you have C. Pretty clever. He also rotated and moved the tail of A to be lower.
I applaud your detective skills. I would not have liked that roster. I wold also like to mention that I believe Wii Fit Trainer is the only character portrait that doesn't have a shadow behind her in her square. So Jigglypuff's name, Diddy Kongs art (Though very well Photoshopped), and Wii Fit Trainer's lack of shadow. Strike 3.

Also, someone brought up this picture on GameFAQs:
http://s225.photobucket.com/user/Kid_Dashm/media/Brawl/Falco5.jpg.html

Suddenly Falco is looking fake as well.

And then I look again at Chrom, and the shading style looks like it was taken directly from an Awakening Cutscene. Ness is clearly a Lucas Photoshop.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Yes.
The leaked image of Falco seems legit for me (the amount of details is quite similar to what we saw on Fox for example ) but the fact that it looks so much like that pic http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Kid_Dashm/Brawl/Falco5.jpg is too bad for me...
Looks like this is another false picture.

(And i didn't recognize that it was supposed to be the Smashbros website at first >< )
Well sure. But it is actually more detailed than that brawl picture. Perhaps photoshopped with more detail. The feathers are really different if you look closely. Also look at the visor's head attachment. It's totally different than the brawl one, and the neck/jacket area is different as well.

D

Deleted member

seems like Smash gets more "leaks" than any other fighting game :awesome:
Because there are so many more people with dream rosters, that could actually happen in Smash (not including Naruto, Goku etc; )

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
My four most wanted are Rosalina, Ridley, Waluigi and Ghirahim. I've gotten one of four, so it's a good start.

But to be on topic, still no proof or so agains/for that Falco pic? Hmm. Neat.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Lol I love how@Cap'nChreest posts the fake roster to show the comparison between fake Falco's face and the new leak, and inadvertantly gets people talking about that roster as if he's asking about it's validity! :D (Read his whole post before telling him the roster is fake, people)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It seems like most leaks I have seen stated that Diddy Kong will be unveiled this month to coincide with the release date DK Tropical Freeze.

Some of the leaks stated that he will be paired with Dixie Kong (if that is correct), we'll just have to wait and see if this does come true although I would be surprised if Diddy wasn't unveiled on the day his game releases.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I can confirm right now that the falco image is fake
here is the leak: http://smashboards.com/attachments/1391427193734-jpg.7820/

here is what falco looks like in brawl: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Kid_Dashm/Brawl/Falco5.jpg

and here is another photo: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--3WMZOyszgk/URr-vhcUqdI/AAAAAAAAcGY/4ChiVOoGiLQ/s1600/FalcoBlaster super smash bros brawl starfox nintendo wii.jpg
If you look at the faces they are identical Nintendo would have to make a whole new version of falco not the exact same face, the only reason no one has notices this is because it is the other side of falco's face that doesn't have that many picture up on the internet
None of this confirms it's fake... now that's not saying I fully believe the picture, but the images are not the same.

Yes the pose and facial expression is similar, but that's true for several of the revealed characters so far. The "leaked" picture has more detail around the jacket, neckband, and feathers than the Brawl picture did, and the shapes are slightly different.

Again, this is probably a well-done fake, but I think somebody would be foolish to think Falco WON'T be in the game, looking fairly similar to this.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't know which is more unlikely, a new Metroid game right now, or Ridley in Smash.
Odds are in Ridley's favor...
Depends if you mean a main Metroid series game (like Super Metroid and Fusion) or a Prime/Retro Studios game. I'd say that there's a low chance for the former, while there's quite a big chance for the latter to show up sometime this year.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That Falco leak is likely fake, but Falco is a clever choice for making a fake picture as the StarFox cast is keeping their Brawl designs.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Depends if you mean a main Metroid series game (like Super Metroid and Fusion) or a Prime/Retro Studios game. I'd say that there's a low chance for the former, while there's quite a big chance for the latter to show up sometime this year.
The retro games aren't real Metroid games now? :p

Anyway I dunno. I think the Falco art is a "Maybe but I doubt it". Just because it looks similar to Brawl doesn't say a whole lot. I mean Mario looks similar to how he does in Brawl as well to a point. But it could also just be good photo work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom