• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can see why Bayonetta could get into Smash, but there really is no reason for her to get into Smash.
Way to sexualized imo, and that's what makes her character. So to take that away, would take away her character.

Also not to mention Sega already has a character in, and I don't think a third party should have more than one character.

Chchchchchchchchchchchchchchchchch

There's a new metroid game can you proove that?
I wish ):

Reznor

work in progress
I can see why Bayonetta could get into Smash, but there really is no reason for her to get into Smash.
Way to sexualized imo, and that's what makes her character. So to take that away, would take away her character.

Also not to mention Sega already has a character in, and I don't think a third party should have more than one character.

I wish ):
Japan is a lot more lenient on sexual stuff in kids cartoons so I wouldn't count her out

relisthain

Smash Apprentice

I wish ):
Wrong, she has more than her sexualization, she has what no other female character presently in smash has, glasses.

Natis

Smash Apprentice
Although I take leaks very lightly, this Falco image seems like it could create good discussion.

There are some noticeable differences in the two images:

I've rotated the image to better compare it to the "leaked" Falco.
Clearly there are some differences like facial expression, lighting of the "headgear", and color scheme, but you can pick some smaller details out of the two. In the "leaked" image Falco has smaller pupils, less "eyeliner", he has more detailed feathers on the lower half of his head. Additionally, his neck area looks much better, and there are some jacket differences.

However, one of the things that to me raises some red flags is that the feathers on the upper half of his head looks to be the same shape, if not identical.

If it is fake, it was a smart move by the leaker because we can assume the SF reps will look similar to their Brawl counterparts. However, those little details within the image make me wonder... is it real? Or does this person just have some good photoshop skills to make me go... "hmmm..."

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wrong, she has more than her sexualization, she has what no other female character presently in smash has, glasses.

My X-Ray specs allow me to see your ignorance.

Yes, I know she's not presently in Smash, but I wanted to take this opportunity. :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hmm. I have started to almost Believe in that Falco leak. However, believeing or not, Falco will be in, so it doesn't matter much to me of it's fake. ^^

I do like his look in that leak.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
:
I think she fits in well with the gameplay of smash, as she has cinematic highly kinetic fighting in the bag. But I'd agree that aesthetically she would feel really out of place.

Also, there's something about Bayonetta's design that just prevents me from playing her games or liking the design all that much. That sexualization just bothers me for an odd reason I can't fully describe, but I can recognize I'm probably being completely unfair on the matter. Any friend I've brought it up says I should get over it and play Bayonetta because it's a great game.
Though I will defend her as one of the few female characters that has a reason to be an action game character in high-heels. She has guns built into her shoes, that's stupidly awesome.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I don't really care if the leak is real or not seeing I trust that my boy Falco is in the game.

Now, about that art... I want it.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
that falco picture just makes me go hmm. . .
it seems real. . .but something just feels off about it though, on the tip of my cup but I just can't make it out *sips*

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who HATES Melee Fox? Brawl/Smash 4 Fox, to me, is infinitely better.

Also, I hope that Falco leak is true, because I REALLY want to see a full render of that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Am I the only one who HATES Melee Fox? Brawl/Smash 4 Fox, to me, is infinitely better.

Also, I hope that Falco leak is true, because I REALLY want to see a full render of that.
I hate the Melee Fox design too. And I say Brawl does have the best design of him ever (Smash & Star Fox games).

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I think she fits in well with the gameplay of smash, as she has cinematic highly kinetic fighting in the bag. But I'd agree that aesthetically she would feel really out of place.

Also, there's something about Bayonetta's design that just prevents me from playing her games or liking the design all that much. That sexualization just bothers me for an odd reason I can't fully describe, but I can recognize I'm probably being completely unfair on the matter. Any friend I've brought it up says I should get over it and play Bayonetta because it's a great game.
Though I will defend her as one of the few female characters that has a reason to be an action game character in high-heels. She has guns built into her shoes, that's stupidly awesome.
I disagree and would add that the same argument probably has been said for snake.

Dott

Smash Ace
I like the Brawl design too, the melee design only remember me this

And i hate that...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I kinda liked the Starfox Adventures design of Fox the most as I found it a nice blend between the cartoony and realistic design but I guess that's just me. I do like Brawl/SSB4 Fox better than Melee Fox too though, he just looked a bit too off for my taste but eh....

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
I disagree and would add that the same argument probably has been said for snake.
True. But Snake doesn't show cleavage.

On a more serious note, they went through a few slight changes to Snakes aesthetics to make him work. Despite being the most "realistic" character on the roster he still feels cartoony enough to be in the roster. The same could be easily done to Bayonetta to adapt her to fit in.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As improbable as it is that these leaks are correct, I can't shake the feeling that it's the leaks with rosters as crappy as these that will end up being most accurate in the long run. Disregarding what the fans want to add "unique" characters like the Wii Fit Trainer is such a Sakurai thing to do.
Tbh imo all the chars added so far i either find dry or dont sppeal to me at all.....except megaman...and i havent ever played a megaman game before im cool with Villager

But i understand why is why

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman

Honestly I could very easily see that falco pic being real. It has just enough to be different. And enough of the same to be a legit model.

edit: I miss melee's design. He looks more like a fox and he doesn't have clown shoes.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I think we get that SSBB Fox looks like SSB4 Fox.
So...back to the Falco art?
I think the point your missing is that the Falco art from the leak is barely different from his Brawl model, much like Wii U Fox is barely different from his Brawl Fox. The implication being that similarities don't mean it's fake. It could possibly be real. But yeah ... continue to be a smart aleck .. or whatever.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The retro games aren't real Metroid games now? :p
You used the word real, not I :p

What I mean with main series Metroid games are Metroid 1, Metroid 2, Metroid 3 (Super Metroid) and Metroid 4 (Fusion.) No Metroid 3.5 like Other M or Metroid 1.25, 1.50 or 1.75 like all the Prime games. Of course I consider them as much a part of the Metroid franchise as those games, but they're mostly stitching the main entries together as far as I see it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think thats one of the biggest things keeping her out though, we know sakurai doesnt favor bullet based guns. Well those are built right into her design, with her pistols and heel ones they would have to go, and that would be cutting out a huge part of her design. I cant see them doing it

---------
and as far as fox goes, i still wish they would have made a new design for him, somewhat based off the brawl one. But a mixture of the star fox 3D one too.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Although I take leaks very lightly, this Falco image seems like it could create good discussion.

There are some noticeable differences in the two images:

I've rotated the image to better compare it to the "leaked" Falco.
Clearly there are some differences like facial expression, lighting of the "headgear", and color scheme, but you can pick some smaller details out of the two. In the "leaked" image Falco has smaller pupils, less "eyeliner", he has more detailed feathers on the lower half of his head. Additionally, his neck area looks much better, and there are some jacket differences.

However, one of the things that to me raises some red flags is that the feathers on the upper half of his head looks to be the same shape, if not identical.

If it is fake, it was a smart move by the leaker because we can assume the SF reps will look similar to their Brawl counterparts. However, those little details within the image make me wonder... is it real? Or does this person just have some good photoshop skills to make me go... "hmmm..."
Now adding to all of that evidence

It just accrued to me isn't it possible that sakurai reveals nothing for DCTF

I mean he reveald nothing for pokemon x and y (even though it may be due to game freak forbidding him to reveal any pokemon)(and that ending on the 31st of January apparently)

But more likely reason is pokemon x and y did not need anymore popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom