• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai would be ******** NOT to tbh, but it's cool being ******s about it on a forum is clearly the solution to everyone *****ing for characters

EDIT: Just to play Devil's Advocate, it wouldn't be that hard to make a full moveset if you know the series imo, there's more than enough if you look through the series, but it's not full of bishounen reject Gundam Wing designed protagonists spilling angst over three discs for its 'story' so I can understand why people who don't know would easily doubt.

"How will it hold items?"
Mewtwo didn't
"Mewtwo has psychic powers"
So does Slime. Deal with it.

I gave up all expectations for any and all characters a long time ago and will just see what I'm given, it's the only way to be moderately satisfied
Except Mewtwo isn't a smiling blue turd.

andimidna

Smash Master
Does today's pic, showing off Lucario's aura at a higher percentage deconfirm the leak stating he'd mega evolve along with the bigger aura at 100% damage? He probably only got it from Gamexplain, and we've already seen Lucario's Down B. So can that be counted as deconfirmed for all we know. I mean, Sakurai could add a meter to each character that would give them an extra special move when it's full, but that's so doubtful. Given what we know at the moment, the leak seems debunked, and unrealistic in other areas.

Edit: Dang. I was late, you people are fast.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
>Fire Emblem 7 avatar
>Automatically wouldn't know a good RPG if it hit them in the head

In the end, I think we can all agree the only character that everyone shouldn't want in is Waluigi, and if you don't hate Waluigi, I envy your patience

EDIT: Did people actually expect Megas to make it in as a regular battle mechanic via transformation special move? I guess it's not impossible, but MEGA being transformable more than once just goes against it, it has Final Smash all over it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
>Fire Emblem 7 avatar

In the end, I think we can all agree the only character that everyone shouldn't want in is Waluigi, and if you don't hate Waluigi, I envy your patience
Coming from a guy who supports a Ditto recolor

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*Comes into thread looking to see rumor nonsense*
*Sees someone who supports Slime for some reason*
*Nonchalantly walks away never to be seen again*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A new batch of rumors, including some notable live ones, have been added. One (well five) steps closer to an up-to-date OP. :laugh:

The thing that strikes me as off about the E. Gadd one is it's written with a somewhat clear knowledge of Smash speculation (such as specifically stating Impa does not replace Sheik) as well as the leaker apparently being aware of not just the Palutena leak, but the other leaks which have been making the rounds as well, which to me makes it very very likely it was written by a speculator - whether on this site or another (as most are, but this one is pretty obvious about it). Ah well, it'll move to the dead pile eventually. :rolleyes:

Actually, I want to commend you for taking on this responsibility in addition to your mod duties. Take as much time as you need for updates. We'll be patient...
Thanks Jumpman :)
As long as people remember this OP isn't my priority on here it'll all be fine.

Reznor

work in progress
>Fire Emblem 7 avatar

EDIT: Did people actually expect Megas to make it in as a regular battle mechanic via transformation special move? I guess it's not impossible, but MEGA being transformable more than once just goes against it, it has Final Smash all over it.
this is about slime no need in bringing Waluigi into this argument (in case you didn't know Waluigi has a good amount of fans :seuss:)

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Sometimes I see certain characters who people want in Smash and it just makes me want to just leave the Smash community from sheer stupidity.

So what's the most recent leak we have?

Gobou

Smash Rookie
Hello guys ! I'd just want to say that I am the author of the "Magnus leak" and I'm glad to see what it triggered. You did a really good job ! Let me explain my process :

First, I picted the screen from the gameplay video as you said (Bowser and background)
Then, I took a picture with the AR Card of Magnus

At the beginning, I wanted to let Bowser at the center of the screen

But it was too easy to unmask so I decided to crop Bowser and to paste him at the left :

(It was difficult to fill in the hole) and I didn't realize that the leg was cut =/

Eventually, I made the shadow and I saturated the colors of Magnus (I point out I am a colour-blind person)

I "hired" a friend (who lives in Japan) to create the account and to introduce the "leak"

Voilà ! Please understand (as says Iwata ;))

(I'm french so please forgive me for my mistakes)

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Guys, this Slime hate is unneeded and off topic. This poster clearly likes Slime and it doesn't even have THAT small of a chance. I agree that he probably won't be in the game, but we don't all have to be huge jerks about it. We all have a character that we want, we think will get it, and we will disappointed when it is not present due to Sakurai's unpredictability. Don't look down on one particular instance of this.

On topic: Lucario's reveal doesn't mean there won't be cuts, guys. He honestly was always very likely.

Edit: This isn't to say we should debate a weak character's likeliness, just don't be tools about it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Except Mewtwo isn't a smiling blue turd.
You need a chill pill. No reason to act like a grade schooler to share how you don't like a character.
Coming from a guy who supports a Ditto recolor
Blue droplet =/= Pink mush.
Um, try making a 16+ moveset from Slime.

C'mon, don't be ignorant, there's literally nothing that you can make to distinguish as a unique character.

I don't think Sakurai would pick Slime, but the guy you quoted is definitely not wrong.
I have a special moveset right here to start you off. (Could probably use a little sprucing up, but it's fine for now).
Slimes are literally living liquid beings, how do you not see any potential in that?????? I can't really think of anybody else with an actual chance to be playable in Smash that has that kind of unique trait to them.

Besides, the Slime is the only Square Enix character with any real chance to make it in Smash, which says a lot considering it's competition with the Final Fantasy franchise.
---

Hello guys ! I'd just want to say that I am the author of the "Magnus leak" and I'm glad to see what it triggered. You did a really good job ! Let me explain my process :

First, I picted the screen from the gameplay video as you said (Bowser and background)
Then, I took a picture with the AR Card of Magnus

At the beginning, I wanted to let Bowser at the center of the screen

But it was too easy to unmask so I decided to crop Bowser and to paste him at the left :

(It was difficult to fill in the hole) and I didn't realize that the leg was cut =/

Eventually, I made the shadow and I saturated the colors of Magnus (I point out I am a colour-blind person)

I "hired" a friend (who lives in Japan) to create the account and to introduce the "leak"

Voilà ! Please understand (as says Iwata ;))

(I'm french so please forgive me for my mistakes)
That leg being cut was a pretty big oversight.
Thanks for sharing though, just shows you how easy it can be to create a fake screenshot.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I have managed to create a neat moveset for Voltorb, grabs and all. A Slime shouldn't be a problem. ^^ Though I'd personally not care much for it as a character (not played those games much). But Voltorb is a given for the next Newcomer.

Also, I immediately saw that Magnus leak was fake (Bowser's and that Place of the stage made it obvious), but it was still neat. Now make a Ridley one!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If true, that's a lotta dead rumours.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oh, neat. Not sure I trust it just yet (though I have no doubts Falco is coming back), but that does look nice. Any second now, someone will post a already existing pic to ruin it, though. ^^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Oh, neat. Not sure I trust it just yet (though I have no doubts Falco is coming back), but that does look nice. Any second now, someone will post a already existing pic to ruin it, though. ^^
I've been looking, but I can't find anything.

I found a close one, but he is in a different pose. Not entirely similar but here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom