• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New leak:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/some-information-regarding-ssb4.453747859/
I would like to start by saying that most “leaks” I have seen have an element of truth in them. They are either very good at guessing or on not in a position to know as much as I do. I have worked very closely with the game, discovering bugs and fixing them. I don't know when characters will be shown, talk around the office as follows:

-Diddy Kong will be updated on February 13th to coincide with the release date of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
-Ike will be updated some time in February around the 22nd (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn's release date anniversary).

Some further information on the game (I can't tell you everything as I would be typing for hours and it may not be the best decision for my career):
-Lucario will have his Mega Evolution, but it will not be his final smash. Mega Lucario will be tied to his enhanced aura mechanic.
Fire Emblem will receive a lot more attention in this game:
--The Fire Emblem roster will be be expanded, My Unit from Fire Emblem Awakening will be playable. There will be costumes based on both genders and he/she will be a stance change character.
--Gaius from Fire Emblem Awakening will be an Assist Trophy due to his immense popularity in Japan. Gaius will zip around the stage attacking opponents and steal/gathering items for the player how summoned him.
--Idenn from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken will be an Assist Trophy. Idenn will enter her dragon form and fly around the stage attacking opponents.
--Lyn returns as an Assist Trophy.
-Jigglypuff will return.
-Ridley is playable.
-Goodra, Talonflame, Flabebe, Espurr, and Xerneas, will be among the 6th generation Pokeball representatives.
-“Bandana” Dee will be an Assist Trophy
-Isaac from Golden Sun will be playable, using his Djinni and Venus Psyenergy.
-The Palutena leak is legitimate. As of now there are no leads as to who did the leaking, however, with beta copies out it is more difficult to keep tabs on everyone.
-The games be released sooner than people may think.
-The Wii U version supports 5 person play.
-No more “cloned” Final Smashes.
-There will be no 6th generation newcomer for Pokemon as it wasn't possible to predict popularity for the 6th generation. Blaziken, instead, gets the Pokemon newcomer spot.

-The roster is larger than 50 characters.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
As improbable as it is that these leaks are correct, I can't shake the feeling that it's the leaks with rosters as crappy as these that will end up being most accurate in the long run. Disregarding what the fans want to add "unique" characters like the Wii Fit Trainer is such a Sakurai thing to do.
As someone on gamefaqs pointed out, that leak is extremely similar to the Souta Leak

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So if the Wii U gets five people gameplay then why wouldnt the 3ds? I don't know why I even need to bring up the things wrong with this leak. I mean come on. "Lucario will have his Mega Evolution, but it will not be his final smash. Mega Lucario will be tied to his enhanced aura mechanic" Andre from Gamexplain? is that you?

More than 50 character huh? well I can see that happening if theres paid DLC along with Stages and Music for all the character victory themes. Also more that 50 characters would allow for a killer COD style FPS Shoooter game because its over 50 and balance doesnt matter.(this leak broke me)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As someone on gamefaqs pointed out, that leak is extremely similar to the Souta Leak
Yeah, I recognize that, and am conflicted. On one hand, it could be that this guy decided to piggyback off of that one, cutting Ridley out because GameFAQs is a cesspool of Too Bigotry. On the other, that roster could be the real deal, and the multiple postings of it reflect that.

I'm leaning toward the former right now, but I'd really appreciate a reveal to convince me for sure.

Also @BluePikmin, that IGN Leak is at a glance similar to the Three Post Roster catalogged above. EDIT, except this one has Isaac.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Lack of Golden Sun leaks gets mentioned in thread -> Leak mentioning Golden Sun is found.

Actually, this is one of those ones that would be pretty awesome if true, and the 'My Unit' thing seems pretty much in line with what I could imagine Sakurai doing. Isaac is the one Newcomer I would want more than any other, right up there with a new Metroid rep.
So if the Wii U gets five people gameplay then why wouldnt the 3ds?
I imagine it would be because the 3DS is more limited in memory. They had trouble with Ice Climber-like characters already. If 4 Ice Climbers made it tough, I wouldn't even want to picture 5 of them. Still, I find 5 player battles even on Wii U just a tad unlikely, though possible. Sakurai did mention that he felt they had fully fleshed out the gameplay at one point, I believe.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I imagine it would be because the 3DS is more limited in memory. They had trouble with Ice Climber-like characters already. If 4 Ice Climbers made it tough, I wouldn't even want to picture 5 of them. Still, I find 5 player battles just a tad unlikely, though possible.
True. It also never stated that the five player mode had all players as fighters. They might pull a NSMBU and make the tablet player mess around with stage hazards.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have a hard time believing text leaks that are in English, because you know, Americans totally have access to the current SSB4 build.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I imagine it would be because the 3DS is more limited in memory. They had trouble with Ice Climber-like characters already. If 4 Ice Climbers made it tough, I wouldn't even want to picture 5 of them. Still, I find 5 player battles just a tad unlikely, though possible.
But what about balance? If one game they balance for 4 players and the other they balance for 5 that doesn't make sense. And that would take too much time. They would just keep it the same between games so they could copy and paste hit/hurtboxes damage percents ending lag and stuff like that. If Sakurai is already stated as balancing for 4 players then it would only make sense for it to be the same on both games.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I like this one, too bad it's basically a "wet dream" leak. All of this being a thing would make tons of people ecstatic, especially the earlier release date (imo)

I have a hard time believing text leaks that are in English, because you know, Americans totally have access to the current SSB4 build.
ChaosZero leak was in english, and that one was legit. There were others as well i believe (and pokemon x/y leak)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
-The Wii U version supports 5 person play.
As cool as that would be, it's extremely unlikely that Sakurai would revamp the gameplay of the franchise for only one version.

-There will be no 6th generation newcomer for Pokemon as it wasn't possible to predict popularity for the 6th generation. Blaziken, instead, gets the Pokemon newcomer spot.
Then why no 5th gen rep? They should know by now who is popular for that generation.

Also @BluePikmin, that IGN Leak is at a glance similar to the Three Post Roster catalogged above. EDIT, except this one has Isaac.
Hmmm, the more than 50 characters thing and a few other details line up, but it's not as descriptive and makes no mentionj of if all vets are returning.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
But what about balance? If one game they balance for 4 players and the other they balance for 5 that doesn't make sense. And that would take too much time. They would just keep it the same between games so they could copy and paste hit/hurtboxes damage percents ending lag and stuff like that. If Sakurai is already stated as balancing for 4 players then it would only make sense for it to be the same on both games.
As cool as that would be, it's extremely unlikely that Sakurai would revamp the gameplay of the franchise for only one version.
It also never stated that the five player mode had all players as fighters. They might pull a NSMBU and make the tablet player mess around with stage hazards.

Cold Fusion

ChaosZero leak was in english, and that one was legit. There were others as well i believe (and pokemon x/y leak)
The point I was trying to get across was the fact that most of these "leaks" are just people posting their SSB4 wishlists, except they swap the word wishlist with the word leak. I'm well aware of the fact that there are some English leaks that just happen to be legit.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Plenty of Japanese people know English or know someone who does. It's really not all that unbelievable.

Edit: Saw your last post after I posted this. Yeah, most of these are just wishlists with the word 'leak' attached. That doesn't mean it's impossible that one could be real.
I'd hardly call a battle between four players balanced in the first place, but you make a good point. Sakurai wants the experience to be the same on both consoles, I believe he said, which is why they share the entire roster.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/08/smash-bros-director-says-wii-u-version-will-be-familiar-and-foc/

Here's the interview I was talking about, where he said he felt the game's engine was complete. He wasn't very specific, but this might rule out changes to the numbers of players.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So if the Wii U gets five people gameplay then why wouldnt the 3ds? I don't know why I even need to bring up the things wrong with this leak. I mean come on. "Lucario will have his Mega Evolution, but it will not be his final smash. Mega Lucario will be tied to his enhanced aura mechanic" Andre from Gamexplain? is that you?
Did they really say that? :facepalm:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Impossible. This game doesn't have forever to be developed. Sure something like that would be nice for scrubs (jk) but I don't see it happening. Its really complicated having some disembodied character be involved in a fight like that. At least imo. Maybe next time.
Did they really say that? :facepalm:
Yes, yes they did...:laugh:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
The Mega Evolution tied to Aura does not sound unlikely at all. Sakurai already stated his Aura would be Buffed, so it wouldn't be unlikely if he changed his appearance at about 70-80% and his attacks peaked in damage.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
True. It also never stated that the five player mode had all players as fighters. They might pull a NSMBU and make the tablet player mess around with stage hazards.
Already deconfirmed by Sakurai.

Kotaku: OK. People will be very happy to hear that. I also wanted to ask — obviously with the Wii U we have the GamePad screen, and I wanted to ask you: is there anything cool or unique or interesting you can do with that gamepad for a game like Super Smash Bros.?

Sakurai: Actually, I’m not really planning anything that really pushes the GamePad in super-weird directions, just because everyone has their own special preference of what controller they like to use. You would end up in a situation where you have some unbalance in the controls, or in the playing field, so nothing that is super unique and contributes to controls.

Kotaku: On a non-Smash Bros. note, do you have any crazy ideas for games that could use the GamePad?

Sakurai: I imagine if I started thinking about it, I’d get a lot of ideas. But I’m 100% focused now on creating new Smash Bros., and I imagine until that’s totally finished, there will be no room in my brain to consider such things.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The Mega Evolution tied to Aura does not sound unlikely at all. Sakurai already stated his Aura would be Buffed, so it wouldn't be unlikely if he changed his appearance at about 70-80% and his attacks peaked in damage.
Yea but it just doesn't make sense to me. and if he got a healing item? would he just turn back? is mega evolution really something so flippant? I don't think so. But then again smash is something non canonical so theres that... but still. A final smash would best suit a mega evolution. I may just be a negative nancy but I see them keeping Lucario's final smash from brawl but just have him look like Mega Lucario.

Cold Fusion

Sonic turned into Super Sonic for his final smash. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucario and Mewtwo megaevolved for his final smash.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Already deconfirmed by Sakurai.
Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

Yea but it just doesn't make sense to me. and if he got a healing item? would he just turn back? is mega evolution really something so flippant? I don't think so. But then again smash is something non canonical so theres that... but still. A final smash would best suit a mega evolution. I may just be a negative nancy but I see them keeping Lucario's final smash from brawl but just have him look like Mega Lucario.
Maybe his FS instantly turns him into Mega Lucario? Maybe he doesn't turn back until he loses a stock? Heck, idk. I just wouldn't immediately rule out the possibility of it being tied to his aura.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sonic turned into Super Sonic for his final smash. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucario and Mewtwo megaevolved for his final smash.
Oh! And then he'll fly around super fast and then everyone will call it broken and then we ban Final Smashes again right?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"-The Wii U version supports 5 person play."

Five. Not six players, but five. ...what?

If that was real, wouldn't it make more sense to have 6 players? The debug menu in Melee shows that they at least tried to have 6-player matches, and I think 6 characters can be on screen at once in Brawl's Multi-Man mode as well.

Edit: 7 characters can be in the fight at once in Multi-Man Brawl.

----

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Sakurai should just reveal Diddy on the 11th so we could see nearly 20 leaks get debunked.

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date that is not spring
[/COLLAPSE]
Supposed ChaosZero Leak
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Inclusion of Dixie as a partner of Diddy
  • Inclusion of King K Rool
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms with certain items enable/disabled
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Souta Satou Leak
  • Exclusion of Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ness, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Wario, or Yoshi
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Jill, Little Mac, Charizard (as own character), Ridley, Chrom, Shulk, or Dixie Kong
  • Inclusion of Ike, Wolf, Snake, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, or R.O.B
  • Inclusion of a newcomer not mentioned above
  • Exclusion of Zelda's transformation
  • More or less than 40 characters
[/COLLAPSE]
Glass Joe Leak
  • Exclusion of Waluigi, Tingle, Midna, Magolor, Andross, Medusa, Glass Joe, Chibi Robo, or Isaac assist trophy.
  • Exclusion of Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Diddy and Dixie, Meta Knight, Falco, Palutena, Chrom, Little Mac, Ness, and Captain Falcon.
  • Inclusion of King K Rool, Pokemon Trainer, Ridley (as anything but a stage hazard), Wolf, Ike, and Lucas.
  • Inclusion of the Mr. Saturn item.
  • Exclusion of a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage.
  • Diddy Kong not being reveal on February 13th
[/COLLAPSE]
GaeozHero Leak
[collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Diddy Kong and Palutena.
  • Exclusion of a Minecart Madness (Wii U) stage.
  • Exclusion of "Ms. Tetris" (character apparently uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle related things to fight).
  • Diddy Kong and Ms. Tetris not being revealed this month.
  • Exclusion of a Master Ball and Lip's Stick item.
  • Exclusion of Shadow Moses Island.
  • Adventure mode not having a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.
  • Zelda not being able to summon a controllable helper.
[/COLLAPSE]
Sesquin Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Jill, Little Mac, Shulk, Pac-Man, and Mii.
  • Inclusion of cuts if Jigglypuff is included
  • Exclusion of Mr. Saturn, Pokéball, Fire Rod, Garm, Super Spice Curry, and Lip's Stick items
  • Exclusion of all Brawl assist trophies (except for Little Mac, Barbara, and Jill), Time Man, and Yuga (he states that there will be 10 new assist trophies)
  • Inclusion of Shadow Moses Island, Pictochat, Castle Siege, Yoshi's Island, The Bridge of Eldin, Mario Circuit, New Pork City, and Spear Pillar stages.
  • More or less than 35-40 stages
  • Exclusion of Acorn Plains (Wii U) and Pokemon Stadium 3 (Both) stages.
  • Target release that is not September to November 2014.
[/COLLAPSE]
IGN Leak (#1)
  • Exclusion of Jigglypuff, My Unit from Fire Emblem, Ridley, Blaziken, Isaac, and Palutena
  • Diddy Kong not being revealed on February 13th
  • Ike not being revealed "around February 22nd"
  • Exclusion of Lyn, Gaius, Idenn, and Bandanna Dee assist trophies.
  • Lucario not having his Mega Evolution in his moveset
  • Exclusion of Goodra, Talonflame, Flabebe, Espurr, and Xerneas pokeball pokemon
  • Exclusion of five person play on the Wii U version
  • Inclusion of "cloned" final smashes
  • Roster with less than 50 characters
[/COLLAPSE]
Sound Guy Leak
  • Characters (other than maybe Meta Knight...unclear) getting unique victory themes
  • Exclusion of Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, R.O.B., Captain Falcon, or Snake
  • Addition of a newcomer from any of the above veterans' series
  • Exclusion of a character from Punch Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo or Chibi-Robo (Little Mac, Takamaru, and Chibi-Robo, most likely)
  • Exclusion of Ike or Chrom
  • Inclusion of Roy
  • Chrom not being revealed in mid-April around Fire Emblem's anniversary
  • Exclusion of Ridley, Palutena, or K. Rool
  • K. Rool not being revealed at E3 2014
  • Exclusion of Falco or Wolf
  • Falco not getting reworked (possibly with an Arwing Final Smash...unclear)
  • Exclusion of Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, or Board the Platforms
  • Different announcers between Wii U and 3DS
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo
  • Inclusion of Waluigi or Andross as anything other than Assist Trophies
  • Diddy not being the next revealed character
  • Exclusion of a talking Lucina
  • Exclusion of Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), or Bumpy March as BGMs
  • Inclusion of Shulk as anything other than an Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Xenoblade stage on the Wii U
  • A newcomer not being revealed in February ("most likely" Palutena)
  • Game & Watch not being the next veteran revealed after Diddy
[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]
Added the Sesquin Leak, Sound Guy leak, and the IGN Leak (#1)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh! And then he'll fly around super fast and then everyone will call it broken and then we ban Final Smashes again right?
Nah bro they won't be banned... You just have to adapt man... adapt... Just tech bro its all good... air dodges... stuff like that... roll... if your TAS enough then Super Sonic could never kill man... never kill... everyone just needs a proclivity to adaptivity...

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Maybe his FS instantly turns him into Mega Lucario? Maybe he doesn't turn back until he loses a stock? Heck, idk. I just wouldn't immediately rule out the possibility of it being tied to his aura.
The "ThreePostRoster leak suggests Charizard using Mega Evolution as a Final Smash and remaining in that form until knocked out. So it's possible...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai should just reveal Diddy on the 11th so we could see nearly 20 leaks get debunked.

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

• Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date that is not spring
[/COLLAPSE]
Supposed ChaosZero Leak
  • Inclusion of Dixie as a partner of Diddy
  • Inclusion of King K Rool
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms with certain items enable/disabled
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Souta Satou Leak
  • Exclusion of Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ness, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Wario, or Yoshi
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Jill, Little Mac, Charizard (as own character), Ridley, Chrom, Shulk, or Dixie Kong
  • Inclusion of Ike, Wolf, Snake, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, or R.O.B
  • Inclusion of a newcomer not mentioned above
  • Exclusion of Zelda's transformation
  • More or less than 40 characters
[/COLLAPSE]
Glass Joe Leak
  • Exclusion of Waluigi, Tingle, Midna, Magolor, Andross, Medusa, Glass Joe, Chibi Robo, or Isaac assist trophy.
  • Exclusion of Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Diddy and Dixie, Meta Knight, Falco, Palutena, Chrom, Little Mac, Ness, and Captain Falcon.
  • Inclusion of King K Rool, Pokemon Trainer, Ridley (as anything but a stage hazard), Wolf, Ike, and Lucas.
  • Inclusion of the Mr. Saturn item.
  • Exclusion of a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage.
  • Diddy Kong not being reveal on February 13th
[/COLLAPSE]
GaeozHero Leak
  • Exclusion of Diddy Kong and Palutena.
  • Exclusion of a Minecart Madness (Wii U) stage.
  • Exclusion of "Ms. Tetris" (character apparently uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle related things to fight).
  • Diddy Kong and Ms. Tetris not being revealed this month.
  • Exclusion of a Master Ball and Lip's Stick item.
  • Exclusion of Shadow Moses Island.
  • Adventure mode not having a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.
  • Zelda not being able to summon a controllable helper.
[/COLLAPSE]
Sesquin Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Jill, Little Mac, Shulk, Pac-Man, and Mii.
  • Inclusion of cuts if Jigglypuff is included
  • Exclusion of Mr. Saturn, Pokéball, Fire Rod, Garm, Super Spice Curry, and Lip's Stick items
  • Exclusion of all Brawl assist trophies (except for Little Mac, Barbara, and Jill), Time Man, and Yuga (he states that there will be 10 new assist trophies)
  • Inclusion of Shadow Moses Island, Pictochat, Castle Siege, Yoshi's Island, The Bridge of Eldin, Mario Circuit, New Pork City, and Spear Pillar stages.
  • More or less than 35-40 stages
  • Exclusion of Acorn Plains (Wii U) and Pokemon Stadium 3 (Both) stages.
  • Target release that is not September to November 2014.
[/COLLAPSE]
IGN Leak (#1)
  • Exclusion of Jigglypuff, My Unit from Fire Emblem, Ridley, Blaziken, Isaac, and Palutena
  • Diddy Kong not being revealed on February 13th
  • Ike not being revealed "around February 22nd"
  • Exclusion of Lyn, Gaius, Idenn, and Bandanna Dee assist trophies.
  • Lucario not having his Mega Evolution in his moveset
  • Exclusion of Goodra, Talonflame, Flabebe, Espurr, and Xerneas pokeball pokemon
  • Exclusion of five person play on the Wii U version
  • Inclusion of "cloned" final smashes
  • Roster with less than 50 characters
[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]
Added the Sesquin Leak and the IGN Leak (#1)
Might want to add the Sound Guy one from a page or two back. I already wrote it up in Killable By form for you.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
You know, considering he's a sound guy, it's ironic that he didn't leak a whole bunch of the music in the game.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
"-The Wii U version supports 5 person play."

Five. Not six players, but five. ...what?

If that was real, wouldn't it make more sense to have 6 players? The debug menu in Melee shows that they at least tried to have 6-player matches, and I think 6 characters can be on screen at once in Brawl's Multi-Man mode as well.

Edit: 7 characters can be in the fight at once in Multi-Man Brawl.

----
But the Wii U only supports five player locally. Not that I expect any games to use this (other than NintendoLand) =(

LF2K

Floor Diver
I won't believe any leak about Waddle Dee! I'm believing in him until the bitter end!

Is it me, or is it strange we're getting "leaks" in so many numbers? Their has be some BS'ing in a few of these,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom