• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.
- Diddy is the next reveal, though many have guessed that.
(continued)
- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.

So, Diddy Kong, newcomer (probably Palutena), and Game & Watch need to be revealed in that order for that to be legit, pretty much.

Sound department, at least that's an original backstory. But a lot of this sounds similar to the Translator Leak (him having money, Chrom being an April reveal, K. Rool being the heaviest character), and he mentions Sakurai's Priority List, so this still needs to be met with heavy skepticism.
Let's focus on the mr game and watch will be after diddy kong part

Obviously diddy kong will be next unless palutena for the 8th of virtual console gbc maze and monaters

Or the 6th (less than 1% chance of happening) mewtwo being revel for his birthday (but in reality the real happy birthday is July 16th I believe that's when pokemon the first movie was published

I guess we can add this to live rumors

R0Y

Smash Master
Some of these "leaks" are about as believable as Ecco the Dolphin as a SEGA rep.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
If a site's policy is to delete "leak" threads, and it's abundantly clear that leak threads get deleted, it's the leaker's fault for posting them thinking they'd remain up.

For every one ChaosZero there must be hundreds of bogus leaks posted there, so I don't blame them for having a harsh policy on "leaks".

If someone has an actual real leak, and their priority is to get it out, I'm sure they can post it if not somewhere it won't get deleted, then in multiple locations.
I know. I just really don't like them, is all. That may seem strange to say, since I got my internet start at GameFAQs. But that was back in 2003 on the Melee General Board, so it wasn't nearly as dumb as it is now. I was actually talking to someone about the Wii back before it was released and I replied to something they said with "Personally, I think you're dumb" and got reported for calling him dumb. :rolleyes:

Anyways, while there doesn't seem to be an actual rule against posting leaks, they apparently consider it trolling so they do it anyway. Unlike here, where we gather the leaks in one place to discuss and ensure they don't get purged. I doubt that the Palutena leak would have been so widespread if not for Smashboards.

Long story short, this place is way cooler than GameFAQs and these leaks are interesting to keep track and see who is right and who is dead. :p

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i gotta leak.......alright im back from the bathroom

anyway on the subject of lip as a character all of my yes

Shin F.

Smash Master
Nah, he's too busy making the game while his arm is strained, Sakurai wouldn't go for all the trouble to make leaks.
He delegates. Half of the team is dedicated to trolling the fanbase. The sound guy leak? He didn't retire, it's just part of his job to make up leaks every now and then XD
I'm kind of surprised there are people who even remember Lip, let alone want her as a character.
I only know about her because of Lip's Stick in Smash, but she could be pretty unique character based around using the blocks from her game.

Also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f3igdNM02s

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68482711
Sesquin said:
I have come across some knowledge about the newest installment in the Smash Bros. series that I felt I should share with the fans. As exciting as it is to drudge through reveals waiting for your favorites and seeing if your hypothetical stages actually appear, I'm going to share this information anyway. I cannot indulge in my source. I suppose you will have to trust me with this.

First up, everyone's favorite. The characters are naturally the main focus of the game. From what I have seen, everyone's back and finished, except for Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is being worked on now and will probably be finished by release, but there is a chance she will be ditched in favor of adding other things.

The newcomers are interesting this time around, omitting several "shoe-ins" in favor for more unique gameplay (Rosalina is a case of this). Palutena is included in the game, as many fans predicted. Other "shoe-ins" Dixie Kong and Little Mac have made it. Two new retro characters are introduced, Takamaru and Jill from Drill Dozer. I'm not sure how people will respond to the next two, who are Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles and Pac-Man from the franchise of the same name. Finally, Mii seems to have made it in, to my dismay.

The character reveal schedule is mostly kept hidden, but some dates have been unveiled. Diddy Kong, as expected, is being revealed for Tropical Freeze's Japanese release dates. E3 will bring some reveals, but the characters are unknown. Also, Wario is being revealed for Mario Kart 8's Japanese release in May.

I don't know much about the items, I admit, but several iconic items are for sure coming back. Mr. Saturn, Pokéballs, Super Spice Curry, and Lip's Stick are all I know for "veteran" items. New items not yet revealed that I've heard are the Fire Rod from the Legend of Zelda and the Garm from Fire Emblem.

Assist Trophies are a cool case this time. I really like how inventive they seem to be. All previous assist trophies return except for Little Mac, Jill, and Barbara. There are 10 new assist trophies, you've already seen two. I know of two more, Time Man (from Mega Man's PSP port) who freezes time for everyone except the summoner, and Yuga (from Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds) who turns other players into paintings (they move slower and can't attack when in a painting).

This time for stages, they limited returning stages. Only 8 stages return from Brawl, and the Wii U and 3DS versions share these stages. These stages are: Shadow Moses Island, Pictochat, Castle Siege, Yoshi's Island, The Bridge of Eldin, Mario Circuit, New Pork City, and Spear Pillar. The projected amount of new stages is 35-40, and they have unveiled a little less than 15. Two completed stages are Acorn Plains for Wii U and Pokémon Stadium 3 for both platforms. And yes, Ridley is "the enemy from Samus's past".

Last, but not least, the game is projected for a release from September to November 2013. That's all I know guys. Hope your favorite made it in.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
People played Panel De Pon? Was it ever released here?
Well yeah, but redesigned as a Yoshi game and then later on as a Pokemon game and under a different name called Puzzle League/Tetris Attack. Lip and the Fairies never made it outside Japan though. (Well excluding Smash if you count the stickers I guess.)

Shin F.

Smash Master
You know, I find it surprising that not many of these leaks have any Golden Sun characters. I mean, it's got as many installments as Earthbound does, is fairly popular, and it had an Assist Trophy in Brawl, so I would expect at least one character to make it as playable.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
You know, I find it surprising that not many of these leaks have any Golden Sun characters. I mean, it's got as many installments as Earthbound does, is fairly popular, and it had an Assist Trophy in Brawl, so I would expect at least one character to make it as playable.
I do remember seeing an Isaac leak, but I'm pretty sure it was just a brawl mod all blurred up.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I see him from time to time, but they are mostly on the "safe" roster leaks.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Alright, @N3ON, I got the leaks.
I would recommend adding these:
[COLLAPSE="Supposed ChaosZero Leak (January 2014)"]
I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Betternet Roster Leak (December 20th, 2013)"]
I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

<u>Final Character Roster</u>

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

All names written as announced upon selection.

Cut: Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake
Reworked: Pokemon Trainer

Clarifications and general information are as followed:
- Mewtwo was the final character solidified in the roster.
- Mewtwo will not use either Mega Form.
- Mewtwo's Final Smash is called "Psycho Break".
- Lucario's Final Smash has not been finalized.
- Zelda's transformation into Sheik has not been changed.
- Samus's transformation into Zero Suit Samus has not been changed.
- Pokemon Trainer no longer commands Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
- Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash is called "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge".
- Pac-Man will be announced at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Ganondorf will be revealed at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Release date will be announced at E3 2014: Wii U being "early autumn" and 3DS during the holidays.
- Other characters are at the whim of marketing demands regarding showcasing

Regarding Chrom & Lucina: During the selection screen, the player may choose who to start the match with. Both Chrom and Lucina have a separate moveset and fight individually, save for when any of their specials are used, at which point their partner will materialize (having been out of view in any other circumstance) to perform a combo and switch them out. Their specials are the same in name but perform slightly differently depending on who was in use upon their activation. They share the same Final Smash, which does not induce a swap out. Switching is instant, considering the special being used, and has no transformation delay.

Regarding Krystal: No blaster--she uses her anticipated staff from Star Fox Adventures. Her Final Smash isn't yet decided but is narrowed to the names "Krazoa Spirit", "Krazoa Takes" (which may be a misinterpretation on my end), simply "Krazoa", and "Quake".

That is all I know for the time being. Other details and finishing touches I will learn gradually throughout the first and second quarters, upon which time most information will be pouring out regardless. I'll close in saying that this isn't my first time at the rodeo, fellows, and that I know how this whole routine usually plays out; despite inevitable doubt and ridicule (even though complaints at the "drought of information" are everpresent and ongoing), know that it was my pleasure to share this leaked information with my peers and friends, as it always.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="E Gadd Leak (January 28th)"]
I can’t tell you how I got this information. Even if I did, I feel as if it would make no difference due to the “fake leaks” that have been flying around the web lately. It will be up to you, the reader, to decide whether or not you want to believe what I am about to tell you.
• Bowser Jr. appears as an assist trophy. He flies around in his Koopa Clown Car and throws bomb-ombs and other items.
• “Toad House” is a new assist trophy. A Toad House will pop out of the ground and Toadsworth will open the door and walk out. He will throw items to the player that summoned the assist trophy.
• Waluigi and Hammer Bro return as assist trophies. Lakitu has been scrapped.
• Professor E Gadd is one of the newcomers and he looks amazing in HD. He uses the Super Poltergust 3001 in his moveset and the Ghost Portrificationizer is his final smash. He also uses the Poltergust 5000 and its accessories, such as the Strobulb.
• King Boo is an assist trophy. He summons lots of hostile Boos that will follow players when they aren’t facing them, but the Boos shield their face and stop if a player turns to them. King Boo and all the Boos will eventually disappear.
• Dixie Kong is not with Diddy. She is her own character and uses her hair in her moveset.
• Cranky Kong is an assist trophy. He uses his cane to bounce around on top of foes.
• King K Rool does make an appearance as a stage element on Gangplank Galleon.
• Warioware and Yoshi have no newcomers.
• Kat & Ana return as an assist trophy.
• Kamek makes an appearance as an assist trophy. He changes the sizes of characters and causes chaos around the stage.
• Sheik returns the same and is not replaced by Impa.
• Ganondorf also returns the same. He does not have a new moveset with his sword.
• Tingle is the new Legend of Zelda character. He uses rupees, balloons, and bombs. He is extremely fun to play as.
• Midna and Wolf Link is a new assist trophy. Wolf Link will run around biting at opponents and Midna will occasionally use the dark energy attack.
• Beedle is another new assist trophy. He summons items, but opponents can possibly use them.
• Zero Suit Samus returns.
• Ridley does not appear as a character or a stage hazard. He is a boss and has been greatly improved from Brawl.
• The Metroid assist trophy returns.I will be posting the rest of the information I have over the next couple of days. All the information stated has been completed and will not change.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="GaeozHero (Febrauary 1st)"]
Heads up, everyone. This info just got messaged to me a few minutes ago. It's from an older friend of mine - no, he doesn't work at Nintendo. I asked him if he was joking at first, but he said he has a reliable source.

The whole message was this:
---
Diddy Kong is back.

Minecart Madness is a new WiiU stage.

[Ms. Tetris] is a newcomer. (No name is actually specified in the message. It is just known that the newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things to fight, so I refer to her Ms. Tetris.)

Diddy Kong and [Ms. Tetris] will be revealed this month.

The Master Ball is a new item.

Adventure Mode has a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.

Shadow Moses Island returns.

Zelda and Rosalina share the ability to summon a controllable helper. Zelda's is slow and strong, while Rosalina's is fast and weak.

Palutena is a new fighter.

Lip's Stick returns.
[/COLLAPSE]

The following leaks are up to you to decide if you want to add them.
[COLLAPSE="Neoseeker Leak (#1)"]
"I moved to the United States about a year ago. I learned English, got a job, and am pretty content here. I stayed in contact with a few of my buddies back in Japan. One works for Nintendo and is involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. I just gained interest in the game and asked him if he could share a few details. He was reluctant at first, but did anyway.

-Ridley is among one of the newcomers. He is the largest character and his final smash is Omega Ridley.

-Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage.

-The Metroid assist trophy returns

-Anthony Higgs is a new Metroid assist trophy

-Little Mac is another newcomer. He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO.

-Boxing Ring is Little Mac's home stage

-King Hippo is the Punch Out!! assist trophy

-Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, and Hector are some of the new assist trophies"
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak (January 26th)"]
Hello, fellow Smash fans. You probably don't care who I am, where I'm from, or what I did, so I won't bother explaining. All you guys want to know is the content of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, right? So I'll tell you guys what I know, but I can't promise that you'll like it or believe it.

There are a total of 59 characters in the game, including transformations. You know 21 of them already, so that leaves 38 to be revealed.

Let me go ahead and tell you that Sheik is definitely returning, as is Zero Suit Samus. This time, ZSS can be selectable from the character select screen like Sheik in Brawl.

In fact, those of you expecting cuts from Brawl are going to be disappointed: they're all back, though there are some changes in the transition. That leaves 16 "newcomers" in the game. Most of them are going to be unlockable and should be quite a surprise, assuming you turn back now. Don't say I didn't warn you...

I guess I should start off with Ridley. He was the first newcomer that was worked on, though there were doubts as to his inclusion. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to see if he could make him work as a fighter. Needless to say, he did. He has a very unconventional play style, but it made him a unique addition. Ridley's success caused Sakurai to start looking into more unique fighters and play styles, as we've seen with the four newcomers already revealed.

For Mario characters, in addition to Rosalina, Dr. Mario is going to return. He's further decloned from when he was in Melee, using L-shaped pills for a few new attacks. Dr. Luigi is an alt costume.

The DK newcomer has always been between Dixie and K. Rool. Originally, Sakurai wanted to go back to the work on Dixie that he did from Brawl. When he approached Retro Studios regarding the DK series content for Smash, they surprised him by showing off a new design for K. Rool and asking Sakurai to consider him for inclusion. From that point on, both Dixie and K. Rool were planned for the roster. In the end, however, Dixie became lower priority and didn't make it into the final roster. She is being considered for a possible DLC pack for the future. Personally, I think K. Rool was well worth it, as he is extremely fun to play as.

As many predicted, Pit is joined by Palutena as a newcomer for Kid Icarus. I don't know how legitimate the recent "leak" is, but the model appears to match up with her artwork.

As far as Zelda characters, Sakurai was originally going to go back to his Toon Zelda and "Toon Sheik" concept cut from Brawl. However, he decided to bring back another cut character instead: Young Link. Now I know what you're thinking: "Three Links? WTF SAKURAI?!?!" But trust me, it's one of the most imaginative move sets in the game. Let me explain.

Young Link's character design is a mix between Melee (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask) and Link Between Worlds. For the most part, his play style his pretty similar, but he has a few unique attributes to separate him from Toon Link and reference Majora's Mask. In fact, his Final Smash is a temp transform into Fierce Deity Link. His Down+B move now activates Ravio's Bracelet, transforming him into Drawing Link. He's a 2D fighter in the same vein as Game and Watch, only with a sword and shield. The Bomb move is now Drawing Link's Side B with his other specials and moves utilizing items from Ravio's shop. His Down+B will transform him back into Young Link and for his Final Smash, he summons the Triforce of Lorule, which has the pieces come together, like in the opening to Link to the Past. Once it connects, it sends out an energy burst that damages opponents and causes a transform back into Young Link.

(To be continued on the next post, since I ran out of room...)

Continued...)
There are no other new Zelda characters playable, though Toon Zelda is a candidate for DLC in the future. There's a story going around that early in development, someone suggested King Harkinian for a newcomer. After that day, his desk was cleared out and he was never seen again... Moving on.

On the Fire Emblem front, Roy is going to be returning along with his fire attacks. For the most part, he seems to fit right in with the other characters. The newcomer for Fire Emblem is the avatar character, Robin, from Fire Emblem Awakening. The default design is male, with the female is an alt.

That so called leak around E3, while it may not be truthful, was right about Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being in the game. The default Miis in the game are Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie (regardless of how that petition does). There are actually twelve color slots for Mii, one for each shirt a created Mii can have, so you could have up to twelve different Miis in each slot. Of course, the game will allow you the option of just using one Mii with different shirt colors as well, if that's more your liking. Pac-Man has a mixture between the classic and modern designs and his home stage is based on the original arcade game. Little Mac is pretty straightforward.

The Pokemon representation this time is very interesting. Jigglypuff's move set has been tweaked to take advantage of her new typing as Normal/Fairy. Mewtwo returns, as many people were hoping for. When trying to decide a newcomer for the series, Plusle and Minun was his first idea, not only because of plans from Brawl, but to represent the Hoenn games. However, during development, they were made a lower priority when the team decided to try and bring every character back. So yes, Pichu is returning from Melee. To be fair, his mechanic of damaging itself with electric attacks is unique, plus the team has decloned him by giving him some different moves from later generations, such as Electro Ball. His Final Smash is also called Volt Tackle, but the mechanic is different from Pikachu's and is more in line with the Pokemon version of the move. Oh, and Pichu's new design gives him the spiky ear from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

The Pokemon Trainer returns, though the stamina element has been removed and selecting the individual Pokemon from the portrait will disable the switching on KO mechanic for those who want to main a specific Pokemon. Note that it is still in effect when the trainer is selected. Also, Charizard has been replaced with a new Pokemon, Blaziken.(Apparently, the Pokemon Company wanted one new Pokemon character in the game and suggested Blaziken to tie in with the rumored Pokemon fighting game.) As far as moves go, he inherits Rock Smash and the Fire Blast portion of Triple Finish, with Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick as his new specials.

As for Charizard, he's been given his own slot and has a reworked move set. His Final Smash is a Mega Evolution into Mega Charizard X. Unlike Giga Bowser and Wario-Man, this transform is permanent (upon being KO'd, he becomes regular Charizard again). In addition to added strength, his move set is changed up with some Dragon-type moves. His Final Smash is Blast Burn.

I'm going to briefly take some time here to address Snake's return. His being cut from the game was never considered by Sakurai, the dev team, or Nintendo. The only issue was whether Konami and Kojima wanted him to return. Luckily, this was the case, with Snake still being Solid Snake (not Big Boss/Naked Snake). And the plan is for David Hayter to reprise the role, though this hasn't been finalized yet. Rumor is that Snake will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct to coincide with a Metal Gear announcement for Wii U.

(To be continued, as it was too long for this post, as well...)

(Continued...)

As for the final character... there's actually a funny story behind it. Earlier builds of the game actually had Goku playable. Sakurai and his team decided to develop him as a joke so that they could have fun messing around with an overpowered character on their lunch breaks. (It was also a good tool to use for balancing purposes, ironically enough.) Eventually, the team got pretty attached to the play style, but obviously couldn't put Goku in the game. So, they decided to give the move set to another character while toning it down to be fun, but fair. When deciding this part, someone suggested that a Smash original character should be on the roster. And that, my friends, is the story of how the last unlockable character in the game became Tabuu.

To recap, there are no cuts from Brawl, and these are the 20 additions to the roster:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina and Luma
Mega Man
Dr. Mario
K. Rool
Young Link
Drawing Link (part of Young Link)
Ridley
Mewtwo
Pichu
Blaziken (part of Pokemon Trainer, replacing Charizard)
Mega Charizard X (part of standalone Charizard addition)
Roy
Robin
Palutena
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Tabuu

So if we don't count transforms, Brawl had 35 characters. Of the 20 newcomers, 5 are returns from Melee. Charizard is also getting his own slot, making 41 veterans. Of the fifteen newcomers remaining, three are transforms, bringing it down to 12, of which we know 4 already. That leaves eight unrevealed newcomers in the game and a total of 53 character slots plus the space for Random. To me, this would be a pretty ideal roster. There is also the possibility that we'll see more characters as DLC in the future, but that isn't for certain. We may need to wait for Smash 5.

Of course, you are more than welcome to not believe this roster. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would believe it myself if I was in your shoes. But I figured that I may as well share it with those who are curious to know. And who knows? Knowing the roster now may save you disappointment later on.

This post is much bigger than I anticipated (I had to use three, holy cow), so I think I'll need to stop here. Anyone who's curious about other features in the game, please let me know. I'll try to answer the best I can.
[/COLLAPSE]

LF2K

Floor Diver
All these leaks point to Little Mac's inclusion. Hopefully that means something. :b:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure how I feel about Zelda being a retroactive Rosalina clone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What would a Tetris character's final smash be?

That one long one that's never there when you need it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright, @N3ON, I got the leaks.
I would recommend adding these:
[COLLAPSE="Supposed ChaosZero Leak (January 2014)"]
I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Betternet Roster Leak (December 20th, 2013)"]
I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

<u>Final Character Roster</u>

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

All names written as announced upon selection.

Cut: Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake
Reworked: Pokemon Trainer

Clarifications and general information are as followed:
- Mewtwo was the final character solidified in the roster.
- Mewtwo will not use either Mega Form.
- Mewtwo's Final Smash is called "Psycho Break".
- Lucario's Final Smash has not been finalized.
- Zelda's transformation into Sheik has not been changed.
- Samus's transformation into Zero Suit Samus has not been changed.
- Pokemon Trainer no longer commands Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
- Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash is called "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge".
- Pac-Man will be announced at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Ganondorf will be revealed at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Release date will be announced at E3 2014: Wii U being "early autumn" and 3DS during the holidays.
- Other characters are at the whim of marketing demands regarding showcasing

Regarding Chrom & Lucina: During the selection screen, the player may choose who to start the match with. Both Chrom and Lucina have a separate moveset and fight individually, save for when any of their specials are used, at which point their partner will materialize (having been out of view in any other circumstance) to perform a combo and switch them out. Their specials are the same in name but perform slightly differently depending on who was in use upon their activation. They share the same Final Smash, which does not induce a swap out. Switching is instant, considering the special being used, and has no transformation delay.

Regarding Krystal: No blaster--she uses her anticipated staff from Star Fox Adventures. Her Final Smash isn't yet decided but is narrowed to the names "Krazoa Spirit", "Krazoa Takes" (which may be a misinterpretation on my end), simply "Krazoa", and "Quake".

That is all I know for the time being. Other details and finishing touches I will learn gradually throughout the first and second quarters, upon which time most information will be pouring out regardless. I'll close in saying that this isn't my first time at the rodeo, fellows, and that I know how this whole routine usually plays out; despite inevitable doubt and ridicule (even though complaints at the "drought of information" are everpresent and ongoing), know that it was my pleasure to share this leaked information with my peers and friends, as it always.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="E Gadd Leak (January 28th)"]
I can’t tell you how I got this information. Even if I did, I feel as if it would make no difference due to the “fake leaks” that have been flying around the web lately. It will be up to you, the reader, to decide whether or not you want to believe what I am about to tell you.
• Bowser Jr. appears as an assist trophy. He flies around in his Koopa Clown Car and throws bomb-ombs and other items.
• “Toad House” is a new assist trophy. A Toad House will pop out of the ground and Toadsworth will open the door and walk out. He will throw items to the player that summoned the assist trophy.
• Waluigi and Hammer Bro return as assist trophies. Lakitu has been scrapped.
• Professor E Gadd is one of the newcomers and he looks amazing in HD. He uses the Super Poltergust 3001 in his moveset and the Ghost Portrificationizer is his final smash. He also uses the Poltergust 5000 and its accessories, such as the Strobulb.
• King Boo is an assist trophy. He summons lots of hostile Boos that will follow players when they aren’t facing them, but the Boos shield their face and stop if a player turns to them. King Boo and all the Boos will eventually disappear.
• Dixie Kong is not with Diddy. She is her own character and uses her hair in her moveset.
• Cranky Kong is an assist trophy. He uses his cane to bounce around on top of foes.
• King K Rool does make an appearance as a stage element on Gangplank Galleon.
• Warioware and Yoshi have no newcomers.
• Kat & Ana return as an assist trophy.
• Kamek makes an appearance as an assist trophy. He changes the sizes of characters and causes chaos around the stage.
• Sheik returns the same and is not replaced by Impa.
• Ganondorf also returns the same. He does not have a new moveset with his sword.
• Tingle is the new Legend of Zelda character. He uses rupees, balloons, and bombs. He is extremely fun to play as.
• Midna and Wolf Link is a new assist trophy. Wolf Link will run around biting at opponents and Midna will occasionally use the dark energy attack.
• Beedle is another new assist trophy. He summons items, but opponents can possibly use them.
• Zero Suit Samus returns.
• Ridley does not appear as a character or a stage hazard. He is a boss and has been greatly improved from Brawl.
• The Metroid assist trophy returns.I will be posting the rest of the information I have over the next couple of days. All the information stated has been completed and will not change.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="GaeozHero (Febrauary 1st)"]
Heads up, everyone. This info just got messaged to me a few minutes ago. It's from an older friend of mine - no, he doesn't work at Nintendo. I asked him if he was joking at first, but he said he has a reliable source.

The whole message was this:
---
Diddy Kong is back.

Minecart Madness is a new WiiU stage.

[Ms. Tetris] is a newcomer. (No name is actually specified in the message. It is just known that the newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things to fight, so I refer to her Ms. Tetris.)

Diddy Kong and [Ms. Tetris] will be revealed this month.

The Master Ball is a new item.

Adventure Mode has a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.

Shadow Moses Island returns.

Zelda and Rosalina share the ability to summon a controllable helper. Zelda's is slow and strong, while Rosalina's is fast and weak.

Palutena is a new fighter.

Lip's Stick returns.
[/COLLAPSE]

The following leaks are up to you to decide if you want to add them.
[COLLAPSE="Neoseeker Leak (#1)"]
"I moved to the United States about a year ago. I learned English, got a job, and am pretty content here. I stayed in contact with a few of my buddies back in Japan. One works for Nintendo and is involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. I just gained interest in the game and asked him if he could share a few details. He was reluctant at first, but did anyway.

-Ridley is among one of the newcomers. He is the largest character and his final smash is Omega Ridley.

-Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage.

-The Metroid assist trophy returns

-Anthony Higgs is a new Metroid assist trophy

-Little Mac is another newcomer. He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO.

-Boxing Ring is Little Mac's home stage

-King Hippo is the Punch Out!! assist trophy

-Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, and Hector are some of the new assist trophies"
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak (January 26th)"]
Hello, fellow Smash fans. You probably don't care who I am, where I'm from, or what I did, so I won't bother explaining. All you guys want to know is the content of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, right? So I'll tell you guys what I know, but I can't promise that you'll like it or believe it.

There are a total of 59 characters in the game, including transformations. You know 21 of them already, so that leaves 38 to be revealed.

Let me go ahead and tell you that Sheik is definitely returning, as is Zero Suit Samus. This time, ZSS can be selectable from the character select screen like Sheik in Brawl.

In fact, those of you expecting cuts from Brawl are going to be disappointed: they're all back, though there are some changes in the transition. That leaves 16 "newcomers" in the game. Most of them are going to be unlockable and should be quite a surprise, assuming you turn back now. Don't say I didn't warn you...

I guess I should start off with Ridley. He was the first newcomer that was worked on, though there were doubts as to his inclusion. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to see if he could make him work as a fighter. Needless to say, he did. He has a very unconventional play style, but it made him a unique addition. Ridley's success caused Sakurai to start looking into more unique fighters and play styles, as we've seen with the four newcomers already revealed.

For Mario characters, in addition to Rosalina, Dr. Mario is going to return. He's further decloned from when he was in Melee, using L-shaped pills for a few new attacks. Dr. Luigi is an alt costume.

The DK newcomer has always been between Dixie and K. Rool. Originally, Sakurai wanted to go back to the work on Dixie that he did from Brawl. When he approached Retro Studios regarding the DK series content for Smash, they surprised him by showing off a new design for K. Rool and asking Sakurai to consider him for inclusion. From that point on, both Dixie and K. Rool were planned for the roster. In the end, however, Dixie became lower priority and didn't make it into the final roster. She is being considered for a possible DLC pack for the future. Personally, I think K. Rool was well worth it, as he is extremely fun to play as.

As many predicted, Pit is joined by Palutena as a newcomer for Kid Icarus. I don't know how legitimate the recent "leak" is, but the model appears to match up with her artwork.

As far as Zelda characters, Sakurai was originally going to go back to his Toon Zelda and "Toon Sheik" concept cut from Brawl. However, he decided to bring back another cut character instead: Young Link. Now I know what you're thinking: "Three Links? WTF SAKURAI?!?!" But trust me, it's one of the most imaginative move sets in the game. Let me explain.

Young Link's character design is a mix between Melee (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask) and Link Between Worlds. For the most part, his play style his pretty similar, but he has a few unique attributes to separate him from Toon Link and reference Majora's Mask. In fact, his Final Smash is a temp transform into Fierce Deity Link. His Down+B move now activates Ravio's Bracelet, transforming him into Drawing Link. He's a 2D fighter in the same vein as Game and Watch, only with a sword and shield. The Bomb move is now Drawing Link's Side B with his other specials and moves utilizing items from Ravio's shop. His Down+B will transform him back into Young Link and for his Final Smash, he summons the Triforce of Lorule, which has the pieces come together, like in the opening to Link to the Past. Once it connects, it sends out an energy burst that damages opponents and causes a transform back into Young Link.

(To be continued on the next post, since I ran out of room...)

Continued...)
There are no other new Zelda characters playable, though Toon Zelda is a candidate for DLC in the future. There's a story going around that early in development, someone suggested King Harkinian for a newcomer. After that day, his desk was cleared out and he was never seen again... Moving on.

On the Fire Emblem front, Roy is going to be returning along with his fire attacks. For the most part, he seems to fit right in with the other characters. The newcomer for Fire Emblem is the avatar character, Robin, from Fire Emblem Awakening. The default design is male, with the female is an alt.

That so called leak around E3, while it may not be truthful, was right about Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being in the game. The default Miis in the game are Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie (regardless of how that petition does). There are actually twelve color slots for Mii, one for each shirt a created Mii can have, so you could have up to twelve different Miis in each slot. Of course, the game will allow you the option of just using one Mii with different shirt colors as well, if that's more your liking. Pac-Man has a mixture between the classic and modern designs and his home stage is based on the original arcade game. Little Mac is pretty straightforward.

The Pokemon representation this time is very interesting. Jigglypuff's move set has been tweaked to take advantage of her new typing as Normal/Fairy. Mewtwo returns, as many people were hoping for. When trying to decide a newcomer for the series, Plusle and Minun was his first idea, not only because of plans from Brawl, but to represent the Hoenn games. However, during development, they were made a lower priority when the team decided to try and bring every character back. So yes, Pichu is returning from Melee. To be fair, his mechanic of damaging itself with electric attacks is unique, plus the team has decloned him by giving him some different moves from later generations, such as Electro Ball. His Final Smash is also called Volt Tackle, but the mechanic is different from Pikachu's and is more in line with the Pokemon version of the move. Oh, and Pichu's new design gives him the spiky ear from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

The Pokemon Trainer returns, though the stamina element has been removed and selecting the individual Pokemon from the portrait will disable the switching on KO mechanic for those who want to main a specific Pokemon. Note that it is still in effect when the trainer is selected. Also, Charizard has been replaced with a new Pokemon, Blaziken.(Apparently, the Pokemon Company wanted one new Pokemon character in the game and suggested Blaziken to tie in with the rumored Pokemon fighting game.) As far as moves go, he inherits Rock Smash and the Fire Blast portion of Triple Finish, with Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick as his new specials.

As for Charizard, he's been given his own slot and has a reworked move set. His Final Smash is a Mega Evolution into Mega Charizard X. Unlike Giga Bowser and Wario-Man, this transform is permanent (upon being KO'd, he becomes regular Charizard again). In addition to added strength, his move set is changed up with some Dragon-type moves. His Final Smash is Blast Burn.

I'm going to briefly take some time here to address Snake's return. His being cut from the game was never considered by Sakurai, the dev team, or Nintendo. The only issue was whether Konami and Kojima wanted him to return. Luckily, this was the case, with Snake still being Solid Snake (not Big Boss/Naked Snake). And the plan is for David Hayter to reprise the role, though this hasn't been finalized yet. Rumor is that Snake will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct to coincide with a Metal Gear announcement for Wii U.

(To be continued, as it was too long for this post, as well...)

(Continued...)

As for the final character... there's actually a funny story behind it. Earlier builds of the game actually had Goku playable. Sakurai and his team decided to develop him as a joke so that they could have fun messing around with an overpowered character on their lunch breaks. (It was also a good tool to use for balancing purposes, ironically enough.) Eventually, the team got pretty attached to the play style, but obviously couldn't put Goku in the game. So, they decided to give the move set to another character while toning it down to be fun, but fair. When deciding this part, someone suggested that a Smash original character should be on the roster. And that, my friends, is the story of how the last unlockable character in the game became Tabuu.

To recap, there are no cuts from Brawl, and these are the 20 additions to the roster:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina and Luma
Mega Man
Dr. Mario
K. Rool
Young Link
Drawing Link (part of Young Link)
Ridley
Mewtwo
Pichu
Blaziken (part of Pokemon Trainer, replacing Charizard)
Mega Charizard X (part of standalone Charizard addition)
Roy
Robin
Palutena
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Tabuu

So if we don't count transforms, Brawl had 35 characters. Of the 20 newcomers, 5 are returns from Melee. Charizard is also getting his own slot, making 41 veterans. Of the fifteen newcomers remaining, three are transforms, bringing it down to 12, of which we know 4 already. That leaves eight unrevealed newcomers in the game and a total of 53 character slots plus the space for Random. To me, this would be a pretty ideal roster. There is also the possibility that we'll see more characters as DLC in the future, but that isn't for certain. We may need to wait for Smash 5.

Of course, you are more than welcome to not believe this roster. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would believe it myself if I was in your shoes. But I figured that I may as well share it with those who are curious to know. And who knows? Knowing the roster now may save you disappointment later on.

This post is much bigger than I anticipated (I had to use three, holy cow), so I think I'll need to stop here. Anyone who's curious about other features in the game, please let me know. I'll try to answer the best I can.
[/COLLAPSE]
I say add them both. I hope the 2nd one is true. That be amazing and make so much money for the wii u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom